PDA

View Full Version : John McCargo Cementing Bust Label

patmoran2006
10-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Every franchise has its share of draft day disappointments. Buffalo is certainly no exception, and its critics may claim that the team is the standard for draft busts. John McCargo is just the latest in a long line of first-day picks that haven’t lived up to expectations.

READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/john-mccargo-cementing-bust-label/)

HHURRICANE
10-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Name one thing in the last 4 years that looks like a great decision.

hydro
10-28-2009, 08:27 AM

Signing Fred Jackson.

Coach Sal
10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Every franchise has its share of draft day disappointments. Buffalo is certainly no exception, and its critics may claim that the team is the standard for draft busts. John McCargo is just the latest in a long line of first-day picks that haven’t lived up to expectations.

READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/john-mccargo-cementing-bust-label/)

McCargo is a microcasm of the organization's decision-making during the Levy/Jauron era.

They tried to act like they were smarter than everyone else by taking players everyone else knew weren't good enough to be taken in those spots. They wrere wrong. Everyone else was right.

It really pisses me off to think how different this team would be right now had the drafted Ngata instead of Whitner (thus not having to trade back and draft McCargo later that round).

That 2nd rounder they gave up in the package could have been used on Marcus McNeil, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Tueblood, Tony Scheffler...all areas we needed at the time. Or better yet, by making the trade, they were then in a position to draft Nick Mangold, Mathias Kiwanuka, or DeMeco Ryans.

Seriously. Think about that. Haloti Ngata and DeMeco Ryans could have both been on this defense?!

Instead, the "we're smarter than everyone else" guys took Donte Whitner John McCargo?!

McCargo may be a bust as a player........but he REPRESENTS what a bust of a front office we've had for a decade.

bigbub2352
10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
McCargo is a microcasm of the organization's decision-making during the Levy/Jauron era.

They tried to act like they were smarter than everyone else by taking players everyone else knew weren't good enough to be taken in those spots. They wrere wrong. Everyone else was right.

It really pisses me off to think how different this team would be right now had the drafted Ngata instead of Whitner (thus not having to trade back and draft McCargo later that round).

That 2nd rounder they gave up in the package could have been used on Marcus McNeil, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Tueblood, Tony Scheffler...all areas we needed at the time. Or better yet, by making the trade, they were then in a position to draft Nick Mangold, Mathias Kiwanuka, or DeMeco Ryans.

Seriously. Think about that. Haloti Ngata and DeMeco Ryans could have both been on this defense?!

Instead, the "we're smarter than everyone else" guys took Donte Whitner John McCargo?!

McCargo may be a bust as a player........but he REPRESENTS what a bust of a front office we've had for a decade.
add drafting Chris ellis and tim anderson and kevin everett in the 3rd round
roscoe parrish in the 2nd when we didnt need a WR
JP Losman in the 1st
Mike Williams in the 1st
Willis McGhaee
same brainiacs knew more than everyone else when they made these picks
Modrak was here for all this
Sad
Ngata would have changed the face of the defense for yrs to come i cringe everytime i think about it

malo
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Modrak is a scumbag.

patmoran2006
10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Modrak is a scumbag.

lol. wow

Jan Reimers
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I had high hopes that McCargo might finally blossom under Sanders. But I guess he has that Mike Williams kind of attitude, where he's lazy and unmotivated. I've given up on him.

sauce
10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
What do you guys think of the Run D stepping up AFTER Kyle Williams went out with an injury

Kyle Williams is one of my favorite Bills but perhaps he was a problem in the run game?

I don't know?

trapezeus
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
i say we trade McCargo and Roscoe to any team willing to just give us a hug.

Useless drafting yet again.

The Jokeman
10-28-2009, 02:51 PM
i say we trade McCargo and Roscoe to any team willing to just give us a hug.

Useless drafting yet again.
The trade deadline has come and gone so we won't be able to trade either one of them until the offseason. Of course they still have to pass their new teams "physicals" in order to be accepted in a trade as let's not forget McCargo was as good as gone until he mysteriously couldn't pass the Colts' physical about this time last year.

Bmax
10-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Could have been worst .. we could have been Cleveland and Drafted Courtney Brown.....!!!!!!

Bmax

BertSquirtgum
10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
me taking a dump in the middle of a buffalo bills football game.

mush69
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Well with Kyle Banged up we will most likely see more of McCargo, time for him to elevate his game. He has had opportunity in the past, but been injured, we will see if all his offseason conditional work has paid off in the near future I suspect.

mchurchfie
10-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Modrak is a scumbag.
Don't forget Marv too.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2009, 07:55 AM
they should have drafted Mangold like some of us wanted.