PDA

View Full Version : Name something our FO has done in the last 4 years that was a good decision.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2009, 08:26 AM
This should be fun. Most of it I'm sure will be people we cut.

Dujek
10-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Drafted Wood and Levitre

HHURRICANE
10-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Drafted Wood and Levitre

Neither one of these guys have proved anything yet. I like Wood. But let you name all of the guys we liked their rookie season:

1) Simpson
2) Whitner
3) Poz
4) Edwards
5) Lynch

Shall I continue?

ELAYAS
10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I like Wood.

sorry, had to be done...

how about extending fred jackson?

Stewie
10-28-2009, 08:45 AM
not moved to LA

The Juice Is Loose
10-28-2009, 08:45 AM
trading for stroud

trading mcgahee

letting clements go

...i could list 1000 things they've done wrong but you asked for things that were right.

casdhf
10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
They've ****ed up more often than they've been right, but saying they've not made 1 good decision in 4 years is ******ed. I guess I should consider the source though.

The King
10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Action Jackson out of Coe College

cpearl
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Drafting Byrd,

MikeInRoch
10-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Not responding to troll threads. Like this one.

ParanoidAndroid
10-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Trading McGahee was the best move IMHO.

The worst? Letting Pat Williams go.

Bill Cody
10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
There hasn't been one single draft pick where we didn't get the card up in time to the commissioner! Wait....

ddaryl
10-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Addressing the OL in this years draft goes a long ways with me...

Gutting the experience on the OL this year pissed me off. 1 step forward 2 back.

Picking up Meredith and continuing with the building process was a solid move instead of a has been retread. In hindsight I like this move because lets face it the OL needs to be addressed, and has beens and retreads aren't the future for us. However we still need mentors for these guys, and bringing in a quality has been who could help bring this young group along would have been a nice move

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Trading for Stroud is a good move

Extending McGee

Not paying Clements 80 mill

There arent very many though :-(

Meathead
10-28-2009, 10:06 AM
building pissers at the top of the upper deck

bigbub2352
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Trading for Stroud
ummmm.....
Extending McGee and Jackson
ummmm.....
draftin Bell and Johnson in the same yr in the 7th rd
ummmm.....
im struggling here

Jan Reimers
10-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Neither one of these guys have proved anything yet. I like Wood. But let you name all of the guys we liked their rookie season:

1) Simpson
2) Whitner
3) Poz
4) Edwards
5) Lynch

Shall I continue?
Whitner, Poz and Lynch are fine. Edwards and Simpson were 3rd and 4th rounders.

Ebenezer
10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Whitner, Poz and Lynch are fine. Edwards and Simpson were 3rd and 4th rounders.
And they are playing as such...the FO has done a lot of things right...the major fault - and this can be said for many FOs - no franchise QB. How much better is this team with Rivers, Brees, Little Manning, etc. at the helm? Blame RW for not signing Peters, Clements and others...with a real QB the FO moves look a lot better.

DraftBoy
10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Ignoring ignorant fans has been a great move imo.

Ebenezer
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Ignoring ignorant fans has been a great move imo.
Buffalo fans have always been ignorant regardless the FO...look how many love RWS despite he may have been one of the worst owners in history.

Jan Reimers
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Besides the moves already listed, adding Hangartner in FA. Getting Shawn Nelson in the 4th round. Hiring Sanders as D-line coach, picking Spencer Johnson in FA, drafting S. Johnson and D. Bell in round 7, Kyle Williams in round 5, Corner in the 4th, and Buggs and Palmer as UDFAs. Just off the top my head.

I'm not defending our FO. They screw up far more than they succeed. But to imply that they almost never get anything right is ridiculous.

Ebenezer
10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Besides the moves already listed, adding Hangartner in FA. Getting Shawn Nelson in the 4th round. Hiring Sanders as D-line coach, picking Spencer Johnson in FA, drafting S. Johnson and D. Bell in round 7, Kyle Williams in round 5, Corner in the 4th, and Buggs and Palmer as UDFAs. Just off the top my head.

I'm not defending our FO. They screw up far more than they succeed. But to imply that they almost never get anything right is ridiculous.
The addition of Kyle Williams in the 5th round is absolutely huge. Can you imagine him with Bruce and Phil Hansen as bookends??

TacklingDummy
10-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Not signing Clements to a $80 million contract.

Traded Peters away for picks. It was clear Peters didn't want to be here.

Sent JP packing.

Kept ticket prices the lowest in the NFL. Damn that Ralph.

Bad Moves

Drafting Lynch, Poz, McCargo, McFumbles, Hardy, Whitner, Ellis, Maybin, signing Dick as coach, not hiring a real GM.

Didn't draft Cutler, Flacco, DRC, Revis, Orakpo, Ngata, Mangold, DeAngelo Williams, Addai, whole bunch of others etc...

Playing 1 game in Toronto.

trapezeus
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
they pushed up season ticket sales to 55,000. That's something.

The Juice Is Loose
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
how can drafting lynch be a bad move?

his production is mostly a result of his offensive line and the playcalling. the guy rarely has space without making 3 people miss first.

also, where we were drafting, unless peterson or p willis fell it was the only move to make. we had just unloaded mcgayhee, the only real non busts selected later in the first were meriweather, (donte had only 1 year down at this point) revis, leon hall, maybe dwayne bowe who's been underachieving as well.

fact is, lynch goes to a team that can run block he's on sportscenter every week like peterson and jones drew. period. the guy can make plays, he just rarely has a fair opportunity to.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
They've ****ed up more often than they've been right, but saying they've not made 1 good decision in 4 years is ******ed. I guess I should consider the source though.

Did I say that? Did I say that they haven't made one good decision? Where did I post that?

I beleive I asked for what they have done well. Blind fandom makes you look ******ed, not me.

I liked the Fred Jackson signing and the extension alot. That's two off the top of my head.

Dr. Lecter
10-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Brian Moorman, dammit!!

Bryan Scott was a nice mid-season pick-up.

Luisito23
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Not responding to troll threads. Like this one.

You already did...:birds:

X-Era
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM
This should be fun. Most of it I'm sure will be people we cut.

Drafted:

Jarius Byrd
Eric Wood
Steve Johnson
Terrence McGee
Lee Evans

Kept (resigned)

Terrence McGee
Lee Evans

Traded for Marcus Stroud

casdhf
10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Did I say that? Did I say that they haven't made one good decision? Where did I post that?

I beleive I asked for what they have done well. Blind fandom makes you look ******ed, not me.

I liked the Fred Jackson signing and the extension alot. That's two off the top of my head. Your post implies it. You may want to read over these things before you post.

Night Train
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
They dumped Losman :up:

kernowboy
10-28-2009, 06:55 PM
how can drafting lynch be a bad move?

his production is mostly a result of his offensive line and the playcalling. the guy rarely has space without making 3 people miss first.

also, where we were drafting, unless peterson or p willis fell it was the only move to make. we had just unloaded mcgayhee, the only real non busts selected later in the first were meriweather, (donte had only 1 year down at this point) revis, leon hall, maybe dwayne bowe who's been underachieving as well.

fact is, lynch goes to a team that can run block he's on sportscenter every week like peterson and jones drew. period. the guy can make plays, he just rarely has a fair opportunity to.

I personally wanted to trade down, grab Greg Olsen TE and then with the extra 2nd round pick selected the battering ram Brian Leonard, who'd have been perfect in a one back set or as a fullback when we put Jackson on the field.

Leonard might not have gained as many yards as Lynch, but I think the yards gained by the TE would have offset this.

A TE would have done wonders early doors for Edwards.

Beastie Bills
10-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I personally wanted to trade down, grab Greg Olsen TE and then with the extra 2nd round pick selected the battering ram Brian Leonard, who'd have been perfect in a one back set or as a fullback when we put Jackson on the field.

Leonard might not have gained as many yards as Lynch, but I think the yards gained by the TE would have offset this.

A TE would have done wonders early doors for Edwards.

So.....you'd rather have Brian Leonard than Lynch in our backfield?

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like Brian Leonard (I would have been happy if we had been able to grab either him or Rice), but come on. Over Lynch???

DesertFox24
10-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Not signing Clements to a $80 million contract.

Traded Peters away for picks. It was clear Peters didn't want to be here.

Sent JP packing.

Kept ticket prices the lowest in the NFL. Damn that Ralph.

Bad Moves

Drafting Lynch, Poz, McCargo, McFumbles, Hardy, Whitner, Ellis, Maybin, signing Dick as coach, not hiring a real GM.

Didn't draft Cutler, Flacco, DRC, Revis, Orakpo, Ngata, Mangold, DeAngelo Williams, Addai, whole bunch of others etc...

Playing 1 game in Toronto.

I disagree with all of your bad moves for drafting. Lynch has 2 1000 yard seasons, Poz has only played 1.5 seasons, McKelvin is in his second season, Hardy second season, and Maybin is a rookie.

Whitner might not have the picks but I think he is solid contributer and leader but we should have drafted Ngata, blame Marv for that not the current FO.

SquishDaFish
10-29-2009, 01:09 PM
And they are playing as such...the FO has done a lot of things right...the major fault - and this can be said for many FOs - no franchise QB. How much better is this team with Rivers, Brees, Little Manning, etc. at the helm? Blame RW for not signing Peters, Clements and others...with a real QB the FO moves look a lot better.

BINGO!! I agree 100%

TacklingDummy
10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I disagree with all of your bad moves for drafting. Lynch has 2 1000 yard seasons, Poz has only played 1.5 seasons, McKelvin is in his second season, Hardy second season, and Maybin is a rookie.

Whitner might not have the picks but I think he is solid contributer and leader but we should have drafted Ngata, blame Marv for that not the current FO.
Then you should have no complaints about how bad the Bills have played the past 4 years.

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. To insinuate no good moves have been made is plain STUPIDITY.

casdhf
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
:hi5:

Griff
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Got rid of JP
got Poz, Fred, Byrd
extended McGee, Fred and Lee

psubills62
10-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Anyone mention hiring Bob Sanders?