PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

northernbillfan
10-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Here is this week's installment of One Fan's View from Kevin Shenoy:

All of a sudden the Buffalo Bills have a spot in the middle of the AFC East. That’s pretty impressive considering the utter doom that we all felt after the Cleveland game.

However, while I’m sure the locker room is ready to spin this as progress and that times are a-changin’, I have a couple fun stats that say these wins aren’t really anything special. They are what most of us think they are: other teams playing to lose harder than the Bills. This in and of itself is a novelty and worth some excitement. Normally, Buffalo really corners that market on wanting to lose more. But let’s not kid ourselves, these have been some pretty bad football games.

Your disturbing stats:

Jarius Bryd had 2 interceptions with 67 return yards. Compared to TO’s 3 catches for 27 yards, Josh Reed’s 2 catches for 14 and Marshawn’s 1 catch for 7 yards, Bryd is one of our most productive receivers. He not only beat each one of them yardage wise, but he also outproduced their sum yardage. Go ahead and compare Byrd to their “star” receiver, Lee Evans, and he only trailed him by 8 yards. The offense has problems.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2009/10/28/one_fans_view_a_winning_streak.php)

Cntrygal
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
But yet again the Bills ventured into the redzone the way I use to step into our family pool which is to say take one step in, complain like hell that it is too cold, and then run the other direction quickly. So the Bills darted from the field in 3 plays and brought out Fancy I.

I want to laugh.... but can't. :sigh:

trapezeus
10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
But yet again the Bills ventured into the redzone the way I use to step into our family pool which is to say take one step in, complain like hell that it is too cold, and then run the other direction quickly. So the Bills darted from the field in 3 plays and brought out Fancy I.

I want to laugh.... but can't. :sigh:

why is that?

Cntrygal
10-30-2009, 11:06 AM
It's a funny comparison..... but sadly it's soooooooo appropriate for the Bills.

trapezeus
10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
i thought you were a fellow sufferer of ridiculously cool pools as a kid. :-)

Cntrygal
10-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Not me... it was jump all in or get thrown in. :couch: