PDA

View Full Version : TBN: Edwards feeling upbeat

trapezeus
10-28-2009, 02:37 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/10/edwards-limited-upbeat-.html

Say what you will about his poor performances, but sounds like he isn't going to be a locker room distraction if he doesn't get the job back.

Luisito23
10-28-2009, 02:41 PM
If Edwards really wants to help this team win, he'll get the **** otta Buffalo ASAP!

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, we ruined him. Trent has done nothing but go backwards in his development since he got here. He was so much better raw from college. Im scared we keep this staff and ruin another one. Thats my biggest fear.

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
If Edwards really wants to help this team win, he'll get the **** otta Buffalo ASAP!

Actually this would be the best thing for Trent to try and salvage his career.

trapezeus
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
that's part of the reason i don't want the bills selecting a QB in the first round this year. Let's get a solid line and a qualified coaching staff that knows how to coach players up to the pro leagues.

sdbillsfan2
10-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah, we ruined him. Trent has done nothing but go backwards in his development since he got here. He was so much better raw from college. Im scared we keep this staff and ruin another one. Thats my biggest fear.

What a crock of crap .... We ruined him ? The boy was damaged goods going back to high school. I never saw even a little mental or physical toughness from him . I've never heard anyone raving about his leadership abilities, and I think he and Dick are rubbing off on each other as far as the excitable scale.
The boy has zero heart. Never has, so don't blame" Us " the Bills or God for his own short comings. Jim Kelly wasn't the most talent or smartest guy ,but he certainly showed some cajones and was a leader when he played. He never ran scared .

Meathead
10-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Asked if he's having lingering effects, Edwards said: “Only when the gravy dragon teleports."

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 03:56 PM
What a crock of crap .... We ruined him ? The boy was damaged goods going back to high school. I never saw even a little mental or physical toughness from him . I've never heard anyone raving about his leadership abilities, and I think he and Dick are rubbing off on each other as far as the excitable scale.
The boy has zero heart. Never has, so don't blame" Us " the Bills or God for his own short comings. Jim Kelly wasn't the most talent or smartest guy ,but he certainly showed some cajones and was a leader when he played. He never ran scared .

To much coffee ? In through the nose out through the mouth :D

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Now my rebutle, you mentioned Jim Kelly as it compares to TE's development. That makes me giggle. Jim Kelly was a franchise QB. A #1 pick. When he took the field for the first time as a Bill everyone just knew he had it. He also benefitted from our much better coaching staff and FO as well as the team.

Trent was a project at best. Nowhere near a franchise QB. He needs/needed help to grow into a starting QB in this league (if it was going to happen at all) The Bills coaching staff in my opinion has done nothing to help this kid. He was much better the first year he played. He was not running scared and he showed some of the things you look for in a young QB. Im talking just the way he handled himself here.

However, since then he has looked worse and worse. If he is scared then why isn't the staff even recognizing it adressing it or helping him with it ? First off I don't htink he should be playing if indeed he is afraid.

Which is why I said what I said. He has gotten none of the help he needs to progress and grow into what he needs to be. I don't think this staff is capable of doing so. Hence my coment on his being ruined.

yordad
10-28-2009, 04:19 PM
I can tell you right now if you begin a reply with the word "honestly" 9 times out of 10 you are full of BS.

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I can tell you right now if you begin a reply with the word "honestly" 9 times out of 10 you are full of BS.

who said honestly ?

BillsWin
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
In college, I caught a pass in the right flat and this safety came crashing in on me and hit me on the left side of my head with his helmet. Hard. I went back in, but still to this day cannot remember the last 3 quarters of the game or what happened that night.

Concussions are no joking matter. If he is still feeling the effects, he needs to be out. Good thing we have a bye week coming up.

Demon
10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/10/edwards-limited-upbeat-.html

Say what you will about his poor performances, but sounds like he isn't going to be a locker room distraction if he doesn't get the job back.

Why would he be mad? He's a smart dude, despite what anyone says about his football abilities. The man just sucks at his job. But, he is pretty smart. He knows that Fitzpatrick did nothing in the 2 wins. He knows we won't get too many more wins. He knows we've played 3 horrid teams in a row and Delhomme and Sanchez gave 2 games away and Parrish gave the other away. He knows when we play a real team, we don't stand a chance.

DynaPaul
10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah, why would he be mad? He's still collecting a fat paycheck from Ralph.

Nighthawk
10-28-2009, 05:38 PM
He sounds like a loser...he should've said, "hell yes, I expect to get my job back, that's why I play this game...to be the man, to lead this team to success!" Instead, he sounds like he plays...accepting of mediocrity.

yordad
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
who said honestly ?Um... Trent. The article is linked.

casdhf
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Trent will be a much better QB next season if he doesn't play a down again this season.

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Um... Trent. The article is linked.

When you said "begin a reply" I was thinking you mean't a post.

sdbillsfan2
10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Now my rebutle,

Trent was a project at best. (Project is a cheap player who may or may not have any skills )

Nowhere near a franchise QB. We've needed a "franchise player now for awhile why waste time on a project player ?
He needs help to grow into a starting QB in this league (if it was going to happen at all) The Bills coaching staff in my opinion has done nothing to help this kid. Agreed , but he needs a shrink !

He was much better the first year he played. Better or luckier ?

He was not running scared..I repeat my earlier statement .. and he showed some of the things you look for in a young QB. Im talking just the way he handled himself here.

However, since then he has looked worse and worse. If he is scared then why isn't the staff even recognizing it adressing it or helping him with it ? This Bills staff can't handle problems ON the field . Now you want them to turn into Dr. Phil ? lol

First off I don't htink he should be playing if indeed he is afraid. IF ? Is there any doubt?

Which is why I said what I said. has gotten none of the help he needs to progress and grow into what he needs to be. I don't think this staff is capable of doing so. Hence my coment on his being ruined.

Re read your post and rebuttal ..you contradict yourself . This is the NFL we're taking about. These guys are suppose to be profession, and skilled enough to step into the position,if not the first year , at least the second or third .. This guy is playing worse not better . . How many more defeats from teams like the Browns do we need to observe to prove this little experiment isn't going to pay off. No magic beans or magic lamps as a far as Edwards is concerned ..Sorry.

sdbillsfan2
10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
who said honestly ?

The Guy We ruined said it .... Remember in through the nose and out the .....

"“Honestly that’s not on the top of my mind right now," Edwards said. “I have a lot to think about in terms of just getting healthy and helping the team win. "

Billz_fan
10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh wow it looks like a teacher corrected my paper :laughter: We just ain't connecting here man. It's ok though. I know what I meant and it wasn't what you got out of it. All good :up:

yordad
10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh wow it looks like a teacher corrected my paper :laughter: We just ain't connecting here man. It's ok though. I know what I meant and it wasn't what you got out of it. All good :up:It does sound like BS doesn't it? :idunno:

justasportsfan
10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
notice that every qb under dick has regressed counting back to chicago.

Nighthawk
10-28-2009, 09:15 PM
notice that every qb under dick has regressed counting back to chicago.

Yeah, but he just hasn't had good QBs. [sarcasm]

TigerJ
10-28-2009, 11:21 PM

I think Trent was developing OK until the Cleveland game in '08. That just seemed to destroy him and he hasn't been the same since. I have to doubt his mental toughness.