• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

TBN: Edwards feeling upbeat

Say what you will about his poor performances, but sounds like he isn't going to be a locker room distraction if he doesn't get the job back.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: TBN: Edwards feeling upbeat

If Edwards really wants to help this team win, he'll get the **** otta Buffalo ASAP!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

Yeah, we ruined him. Trent has done nothing but go backwards in his development since he got here. He was so much better raw from college. Im scared we keep this staff and ruin another one. Thats my biggest fear.
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
        If Edwards really wants to help this team win, he'll get the **** otta Buffalo ASAP!
        Actually this would be the best thing for Trent to try and salvage his career.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

that's part of the reason i don't want the bills selecting a QB in the first round this year. Let's get a solid line and a qualified coaching staff that knows how to coach players up to the pro leagues.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Billz_fan
            Yeah, we ruined him. Trent has done nothing but go backwards in his development since he got here. He was so much better raw from college. Im scared we keep this staff and ruin another one. Thats my biggest fear.

What a crock of crap .... We ruined him ? The boy was damaged goods going back to high school. I never saw even a little mental or physical toughness from him . I've never heard anyone raving about his leadership abilities, and I think he and Dick are rubbing off on each other as far as the excitable scale.
            The boy has zero heart. Never has, so don't blame" Us " the Bills or God for his own short comings. Jim Kelly wasn't the most talent or smartest guy ,but he certainly showed some cajones and was a leader when he played. He never ran scared .

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

Asked if he's having lingering effects, Edwards said: “Only when the gravy dragon teleports."
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
                What a crock of crap .... We ruined him ? The boy was damaged goods going back to high school. I never saw even a little mental or physical toughness from him . I've never heard anyone raving about his leadership abilities, and I think he and Dick are rubbing off on each other as far as the excitable scale.
                The boy has zero heart. Never has, so don't blame" Us " the Bills or God for his own short comings. Jim Kelly wasn't the most talent or smartest guy ,but he certainly showed some cajones and was a leader when he played. He never ran scared .
                To much coffee ? In through the nose out through the mouth
                The Polian Curse

Comment

• Billz_fan
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
                  Now my rebutle, you mentioned Jim Kelly as it compares to TE's development. That makes me giggle. Jim Kelly was a franchise QB. A #1 pick. When he took the field for the first time as a Bill everyone just knew he had it. He also benefitted from our much better coaching staff and FO as well as the team.

Trent was a project at best. Nowhere near a franchise QB. He needs/needed help to grow into a starting QB in this league (if it was going to happen at all) The Bills coaching staff in my opinion has done nothing to help this kid. He was much better the first year he played. He was not running scared and he showed some of the things you look for in a young QB. Im talking just the way he handled himself here.

However, since then he has looked worse and worse. If he is scared then why isn't the staff even recognizing it adressing it or helping him with it ? First off I don't htink he should be playing if indeed he is afraid.

Which is why I said what I said. He has gotten none of the help he needs to progress and grow into what he needs to be. I don't think this staff is capable of doing so. Hence my coment on his being ruined.
                  The Polian Curse

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

I can tell you right now if you begin a reply with the word "honestly" 9 times out of 10 you are full of BS.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                      I can tell you right now if you begin a reply with the word "honestly" 9 times out of 10 you are full of BS.
                      who said honestly ?
                      The Polian Curse

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

In college, I caught a pass in the right flat and this safety came crashing in on me and hit me on the left side of my head with his helmet. Hard. I went back in, but still to this day cannot remember the last 3 quarters of the game or what happened that night.

Concussions are no joking matter. If he is still feeling the effects, he needs to be out. Good thing we have a bye week coming up.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboa...d-upbeat-.html

Say what you will about his poor performances, but sounds like he isn't going to be a locker room distraction if he doesn't get the job back.
                          Why would he be mad? He's a smart dude, despite what anyone says about his football abilities. The man just sucks at his job. But, he is pretty smart. He knows that Fitzpatrick did nothing in the 2 wins. He knows we won't get too many more wins. He knows we've played 3 horrid teams in a row and Delhomme and Sanchez gave 2 games away and Parrish gave the other away. He knows when we play a real team, we don't stand a chance.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Yeah, why would he be mad? He's still collecting a fat paycheck from Ralph.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

He sounds like a loser...he should've said, "hell yes, I expect to get my job back, that's why I play this game...to be the man, to lead this team to success!" Instead, he sounds like he plays...accepting of mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                              X