PDA

View Full Version : We have 12 players on IR.

BillsWin
10-29-2009, 01:00 AM
and nine others who will probably be out this week with injuries.

IR:

Marcus Buggs, Brad Butler, John Digiorgio, Justise Hairston (Who?), Jermaine McGhee, Leodis McKelvin, Kawika Mitchell, Marvin Phillip, PK Sam, Lydell Sargeant, Derek Schouman, Marcus Smith.

Listed as injured, but not on IR:

Trent Edwards, Terrence McGee, James Hardy, Corey McIntyre, Shawn Nelson, Bryan Scott, Donte Whitner, Kyle Williams, Jonathan Scott.

Ridiculous! I don't even know how we are 3-4 right now! It sure as hell isn't coaching. Byrd may be the word, but I think the whole team is playing above what they should be.

I'm a realist, I know we suck, I am not trying to convince myself otherwise, but 12 players on IR and 9 others with injury and we have a chance to be .500 going into our bye is pretty impressive.

Almost any other team out there would fold like a ten dollar lawn chair. How the **** is Jauron getting these guys up to play each Sunday?

I hate Jauron. I want him gone. I want alot of changes done, but if we beat Houston I will bow down to the man for a minute or so.

The guy is an awful head coach, so I don't give him all the credit. I wonder if he isn't so stoic in the locker room, because something was said to these players to make them continue to fight.

Instead I applaud the players who are going out there on Sundays and busting their asses for the 'W'. :bf1:

Our offense may suck, our coach may be an emotionless *****, our owner may be cheap when hiring personel, we may go 7-9 for the fourth season in a row, but if there is anything to take from this it is that we have some young players and depth players who will not quit in the face of adversity. And as a former player and now a member of the sports media I respect that.

Now you may say I am accepting mediocrity. I am not. I am sick of losing. There are alot of changes that need to be made. Jauron does not deserve a fifth chance. Edwards has lost his job (after the season.), our managment needs to change, etc. etc. etc.

But man. 20 players down and still swinging. Good for you Buffalo.

Now, this thread is pointless if the Bills lay an egg against Houston.

The Juice Is Loose
10-29-2009, 01:08 AM
i agree.

something has to be said for a guy that can lead these guys.

but something also has to be said for a coach and staff that would even let it get to that point.

any real team, they lose a starter, they sign or trade for some other guy.

we just bring them up from the practice squad or minor league or wherever the hell we find these guys.

BillsWin
10-29-2009, 01:17 AM
i agree.

but something also has to be said for a coach and staff that would even let it get to that point.

we just bring them up from the practice squad or minor league or wherever the hell we find these guys.
I still think it is in fact the players who are playing above what they should be. This team was in turmoil two weeks ago. Now you have players coming out and saying. "we knew we would win the game. If you looked on the sidelines, the players knew we were going to win."

That is focus and confidence and it is coming from a team that has almost every excuse in the book to give up.

Coach on the hotseat

heart breaking season opener against the Pats.

Losing one of the worst football games EVER, to a team who's QB threw for 2 of 17.

Then having to play two games on the road, as under dogs, with one of them against a division opponent and you havent won a division game since 2007.

I tell you what, add in all the injuries and almost any other team would be 1-6 right now.

I don't know how they are doing it. Their offense is REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. and this team is pretty much a wreck, but they have a shot to be .500 at the bye and well in the playoff mix if you think about it.

No, I dont believe playoffs are possible for a team with this bad of an offense, but they are surprising me.

Dr. Pepper
10-29-2009, 03:20 AM
IR:
Marcus Buggs, Brad Butler, John Digiorgio, Justise Hairston (Who?), Jermaine McGhee, Leodis McKelvin, Kawika Mitchell, Marvin Phillip, PK Sam, Lydell Sargeant, Derek Schouman, Marcus Smith.

how many of those guys are impact players? mckelvin, butler, and mitchell? maybe? sorry, but every team has injuries. real teams keep winning with or without them.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I looked at bb.com and didn't see either DiGiorgio (who I think was waived with an injury settlement) or Sam listed.

Of the remainder, only Butler, Mitchell, McKelvin, Buggs and Schouman are significant. But combined with the 9 on the current injury report (at least 6 of whom are significant), that's 20% of the opening day roster. I don't know how it stacks up against other teams, but it seems like a big number to me.

BillsWin
10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
I looked at bb.com and didn't see either DiGiorgio (who I think was waived with an injury settlement) or Sam listed.

Of the remainder, only Butler, Mitchell, McKelvin, Buggs and Schouman are significant. But combined with the 9 on the current injury report (at least 6 of whom are significant), that's 20% of the opening day roster. I don't know how it stacks up against other teams, but it seems like a big number to me.

used cbs sports.

Oldbillsfan
10-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Not enough has been done to get quality back up players to make the injuries not as "painful"

mikemac2001
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Not enough has been done to get quality back up players to make the injuries not as "painful"

i see that as the front office...can't really blame dick unless he is like nah we are good with PS guys and i doubt that knowing he is likely to lose his job

bigbub2352
10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Roster Mismanagement and Poor Practice Suad management has plauged this team thru out the Skeletor Era

thesquirrelking
10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
This team has had injury problems every year since Jauron's been here. I'm seriously starting to think that he's just plain bad luck...

Didn't he have injury problems at Chicago too?

OpIv37
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Don't forget that the O is the eeal problem here, and having schouman and butler back would not solve their woes. The injuries are just an excuse for a bad team.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2009, 12:18 PM
i blame it on conditioning. :couch: :snicker:

T-Long
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
i agree.

Your sig seriously makes me laugh everytime you post. Well done.