PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: If the Bills had some sort of offense, they would make the playoffs.

BillsWin
10-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I have no doubt in my mind. Our defense has been playing at a high level and early mistakes on special teams are now at a minimum.

In our division, the Patriots are running away with it. And yet we should have beaten them in week one. It was a heart breaking loss, but you have to get over that.

The Jets have lost two major players in Leon Washington and Kris Jenkins. Jenkins was a big reason for our difficulties against the Jets last season. We have beaten them once already, so there seems to be a chance for a sweep.

As for the Dolphins, they really are an enigma. I think what allows the Bills to finish second in the division is that in fact, they are forced to start two rookies at corner back. That would be a huge advantage for the Buffalo Bills if they had some sort of passing attack.

As for the remaining schedule:

Houston Texans. 21st ranked defense.

Tennessee Titans: 31st ranked defense.

Jacksonville Jaguars: 23rd ranked defense.

Miami Dolphins: 13th ranked defense, now playing with two rookie CBs.

New York Jets: 10th ranked defense, but we've already beaten them on the road with ZERO semblance of an offensive attack.

Kansas City Chiefs: 29th ranked defense.

New England Patriots: 6th ranked defense.

Atlanta Falcons: 25th ranked defense.

Indianapolis Colts: 9th ranked defense.

Meaning we play five teams with bottom of the league defenses.

That WOULD be favorable if we could get our run game going.

Surprisingly, we are 15th in rushing offense. However, we are 24th in points and 28th in pass.

If the Bills had any sort of offense, and beat Houston this week they would be .500 going into the bye and hit a string of winnable games against some not so good defenses.

It looks like another 7-9 season, because our coaches can't get their heads out of their asses and make a good offensive gameplan.

If they could, we probably would have won the Cleveland game and be 4-3. A win against Houston would put us in the race for the division.

Ridiculous.

BillsWin
10-29-2009, 08:23 AM
I got all the team rankings from nfl.com.

BillsWin
10-29-2009, 08:26 AM
of course, the offensive line injuries and Trent sucking have also been key factors to our offensive ineptitude.

Pinkerton Security
10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
i truly feel that if we had a top 15 QB, we would be a playoff team easily

trapezeus
10-29-2009, 08:39 AM
say it with me, "it's the coaching!"

Every player but lee evans has changed. the OC has changed 3 times, yet it all looks exactly the same. There is no chance this offense gets it together now.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2009, 08:41 AM
A lot depends on the development of our young O-line. They could make the run and the pass (no matter who's at QB) better if they can avoid further injuries and gain some cohesiveness.

ddaryl
10-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I agree if we had any sort fo Offense we would be a playoff contender.

The OL has set back the QB developement, and the QB position hasn't been able to make enough plays to offset the OL's developement.

Oldbillsfan
10-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I think with bad weather coming if they could start really moving the ball on the ground and have a Qb who doesn't turn the ball over things would be looking good.

They still haven't beat anyone with a winning record though. Until that happens, im pessimistic. Or more division victories.

don137
10-29-2009, 09:05 AM
I agree if Edwards played at the level he did against NE and Tampa for 16 games, minus the games he is out injured, this team would make the playoffs based on their schedule. Even if Edwards played at the level he played the first two games I do not think the Bills would be good enough to go far into the playoffs. The Bills have too many injuries and no depth.

trapezeus
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
I think with bad weather coming if they could start really moving the ball on the ground and have a Qb who doesn't turn the ball over things would be looking good.

They still haven't beat anyone with a winning record though. Until that happens, im pessimistic. Or more division victories.

with the bad weather coming, the bills stop practicing outdoors. and then they are as bad in bad weather as the teams from the south.

The bills "beat" the jets who had a winning record at the time. And it was on the road. and it was against a 3-4. and it was against a divisional opponent. They broke a lot of streaks by winning that game.

justasportsfan
10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
the dophins D are ranked 13 because their O keeps them off the field. Their D is not as good as the rankings show. They get killed a lot by teams with decent offenses that aren't the buffalo bills.

Our D is better than theirs.

The Juice Is Loose
10-29-2009, 10:02 AM

they beat the jets. the jets were 3-2 when we played them and 4-3 right now.

thats a winning record last time i checked. 4 is more than 3 right?

The Juice Is Loose
10-29-2009, 10:04 AM
with the bad weather coming, the bills stop practicing outdoors. and then they are as bad in bad weather as the teams from the south.

The bills "beat" the jets who had a winning record at the time. And it was on the road. and it was against a 3-4. and it was against a divisional opponent. They broke a lot of streaks by winning that game.
so we can say that so far through the first 7 games, we have seen something out of this team, idk i guess maybe call it growth? or change?

so if they can beat a 3-4 team once, especially the jets, after they got that guy back from suspension...maybe they are growing.

poz being back is big. schobel is going to get more sacks. kelsay has 4 on the year i believe!

there are guys getting better on this team. i'm not saying we'll win the super bowl. but this team is better than last year, IMO.

right now anyway.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Fewell is a very underrated coach, he is a very good coordinator.