• Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Lee Evans Comments on QBs: Interesting

Originally posted by NE39
    Yet, who is the winning QB?

Fitzpatrick's record as a stater: 5 - 10 - 1 (.344)

Edwards record as a starter: 14 - 15 (.483)

Ah, but as a Buffalo Bill, Fitz is 2-0 in games played.

I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Don't care what he did with other teams. I only care for whoever helps the bills win.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-29-2009, 12:02 PM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
        in this offense, on this team, owens is useless. he's gotten very few passes, and has dropped a fair share as well.

We aren't getting receivers in space. and if we do, we don't throw it to them. But Owens runs more varied routes than evans.

The bills consistantly leave these guys on the outside, yet when they make plays they make them on the inside. No one ever seems to learn anything over at one bills drive.
        Dude, it is simple. Edwards sucks. Why are you acting as if everyone else sucks except him.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Plus, in reality, Fitz is only 1-0 on the season. He didn't start the game in which Trent got hurt. So he hasn't won game(s), he has won a gam(e).

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
              Senior Zoner
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Night Train
              Different situation now.

Fitz IS winning football games ( with a ton of help ) and Lee is involved. Edwards WAS losing football games while Lee basically watched.
              Not at the time that Trent replaced JP. Back then, Trent actually looked like a real QB.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Edwards needs to stretch the field and then his game will become more efficient IMO... he just doesn't take the chances downfield like Fitz has....

Edwards needs to launching 4-5 long balls in a game and he needs to be able to hit a spot and just let the talent at the WR position do the rest.

Once he does that and hits a few the dink and dunk game will open up some and he can have the best of both worlds...

but his indecision on throwing the long ball is killing him and the Bills O.
                Last edited by ddaryl; 10-29-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Mar 2009

What is the correlation?
                  You know exactly what the correlation is, but I suppose I'll spell it out for you.

If he preferred JP Losman (a terrible quarterback) over Trent Edwards (terrible now, but looked good at the time), then I think it's safe to assume that he would prefer Fitz (a decent quarterback) to Edwards (who refuses to throw the ball to WR's)
                  Last edited by Beastie Bills; 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Dude, it is simple. Edwards sucks. Why are you acting as if everyone else sucks except him.
                    I' ve said that Trent has regressed and now sucks. But i don't think Evans is all that. he's a great number 2 and owens is clearly no longer a number 1.

WR went from a supposed strength right now to needing some serious help next year if hardy and johnson can't step in.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I' ve said that Trent has regressed and now sucks. But i don't think Evans is all that. he's a great number 2 and owens is clearly no longer a number 1.

WR went from a supposed strength right now to needing some serious help next year if hardy and johnson can't step in.

those are not the wrs fault. The wr's don't throw the ball to themselves.

They are playing for a coach who's offense sucked for majority of his career.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

leave it to snoredad to try and twist things. that Losman loving homo is still bitter that Edwards drove his hero out of the NFL.
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

If we had a Jay Cutler he would be breaking records right now with these WRs. No way can you convince me the WR is not a strength of this team. We can't even manage to get Josh Reed the ball out of the slot.
                          Last edited by yordad; 10-29-2009, 12:37 PM.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            those are not the wrs fault. The wr's don't throw the ball to themselves.

They are playing for a coach who's offense sucked for majority of his career.
                            i agree. i said in a different thread. Every single player on the offense has changed (with the exception of evans) since 2006. We've even changed the OC 3 times. What more do we need to argue about other than to say, "this is on the coach for being unable to develop an identity and perform up to par."

Evans may be a function of inept coaching, or he may not be the size of receiver who can run across. I couldn't see your link ebcause i'm at work. He has run across a few times. But he's no andre reed.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                              both suck and every win this season takes us further away from the ability to draft a real QB
                              unfortunately, that is completely true.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

i agree. i said in a different thread. Every single player on the offense has changed (with the exception of evans) since 2006. We've even changed the OC 3 times. What more do we need to argue about other than to say, "this is on the coach for being unable to develop an identity and perform up to par."

Evans may be a function of inept coaching, or he may not be the size of receiver who can run across. I couldn't see your link ebcause i'm at work. He has run across a few times. But he's no andre reed.

It's highlights of Lee running cross routes and catching ball up the middle.

I never said he's an Andre Reed. Reed had a JIm Kelly, Thurman, Kent Hull, Lofton , Levy etc.etc..

Evans never even had a Frank Riech.

YOu may be right, maybe Evans is just a great no. 2 but you can say that for sure when he's never had a qb that a decent OC on a yearly basis. If you think about it, how many OC's has he had in his short carreer?
                                Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM.
                                sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                                X