X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Lee Evans Comments on QBs: Interesting

I find these comments very telling on his preference of QB. Key phrases such as " Tries to make things happen" and "he has confidence in us on the outside" and "we just try and make plays for him" These lines are very indicative IMO that Lee prefers Fitz. And with the amount of targets Owens has had since Fitz came in I bet Owens feels the same way.
  • Beastie Bills
    Senior Zoner
    • Mar 2009

Re: Lee Evans Comments on QBs: Interesting

Well, he preferred JP, so I'm sure he does prefer Fitz as well.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
      Senior Zoner
      • Mar 2009

By the way, if he preferred JP over Trent, he's obviously more concerned with his stats than with winning football games. All JP had to offer was that once or twice a game, he would wing the ball as far as he could, so Lee could try to make a play on it. Trent actually looked like a good QB back then. Way better than JP.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Trent Checks down TOOO QUICKLY EVERY TIME.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

both suck and every win this season takes us further away from the ability to draft a real QB
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Beastie Bills
            By the way, if he preferred JP over Trent, he's obviously more concerned with his stats than with winning football games.
            Different situation now.

Fitz IS winning football games ( with a ton of help ) and Lee is involved. Edwards WAS losing football games while Lee basically watched.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Well, he preferred JP, so I'm sure he does prefer Fitz as well.
              What is the correlation?
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

By the way, if he preferred JP over Trent, he's obviously more concerned with his stats than with winning football games. All JP had to offer was that once or twice a game, he would wing the ball as far as he could, so Lee could try to make a play on it. Trent actually looked like a good QB back then. Way better than JP.
                BS, i'd prefer a qb who plays to win rather than the one who plays not to lose too.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

just win, damn it!!!!!
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

I see what evans point is. he isn't involved with trent and they were losing games. he didn't even get a chance to catch anything with trent regressing.

However, he also isn't a "cross the field" type receiver. if he was, he'd get more balls thrown to him. He'd be a true number 1. Andre and Moulds ran across the middle and made long plays after catching short passes.

It's on trent for regressing, but where was evans on those crossing patterns? he's a one trick pony just as much as edwards and losman are a one trick pony.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      I see what evans point is. he isn't involved with trent and they were losing games. he didn't even get a chance to catch anything with trent regressing.

However, he also isn't a "cross the field" type receiver. if he was, he'd get more balls thrown to him. He'd be a true number 1. Andre and Moulds ran across the middle and made long plays after catching short passes.

It's on trent for regressing, but where was evans on those crossing patterns? he's a one trick pony just as much as edwards and losman are a one trick pony.
                      then I guess TO in a zero trick pony? Oh wait he is actually one of the best in history at what you describe yet he hasn't been hit by Trent in those patterns either. Sup wit dat?
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

in this offense, on this team, owens is useless. he's gotten very few passes, and has dropped a fair share as well.

We aren't getting receivers in space. and if we do, we don't throw it to them. But Owens runs more varied routes than evans.

The bills consistantly leave these guys on the outside, yet when they make plays they make them on the inside. No one ever seems to learn anything over at one bills drive.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                          Different situation now.

Fitz IS winning football games ( with a ton of help ) and Lee is involved. Edwards WAS losing football games while Lee basically watched.
                          Yet, who is the winning QB?

Fitzpatrick's record as a stater: 5 - 10 - 1 (.344)

Edwards record as a starter: 14 - 15 (.483)

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus

How do you know that Evans isn't running the route that the coaches are making him run? Evans never had a problem running up the middle up until TO came in. He caught balls anywhere from one yard to 80 yards whether it was outside/ middle of the field on a crossing route.

The very reason why TO was brought in was because they wanted to get the double team off Lee and make TO take the middle and Lee get singl on the outside?

Here's proof he runs up the middle. From right to left or left to right. Some of the catches were even from Trent himself.

Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                              Yet, who is the winning QB?

Fitzpatrick's record as a stater: 5 - 10 - 1 (.344)

Edwards record as a starter: 14 - 15 (.483)
                              Drew Brees didn't exactly have his current stellar stats when he first played. Now he's with a new team. So, if you really want to go by "stats", wait till Fitz plays as many games in Buffalo as Trent has.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X