X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I really like the Ellis, Goose, Kaleta Line

They really work their asses off and tire the opposing defenses.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: I really like the Ellis, Goose, Kaleta Line

Agreed. I've said it before - Ellis is damn good at what he does. He keeps it simple and goes balls out every shift. I think he drives the 4th line and sets a tone for the Sabres.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I think Mair would fill better than Ellis, but why change when we are winning
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
        Mair goes hard, but I still don't think anyone goes as hard as Ellis. Ellis/Mair/Kaleta would be my 4th line. But then where do you put Goose? I know I would not change Hecht/Kennedy/Grier, no matter what. So you'd have to put Goose at centre on the 2nd line, meaning either Roy or Connolly are your 1st line centreman - whoever is better at faceoffs, I suppose. And then which of your wingers come out?

Lindy will obviously just keep things as they are until injury or illness cause him to make changes. At some point, we very well may see Ellis/Mair/Kaleta as the 4th line.
        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 10-29-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
          Agreed. I've said it before - Ellis is damn good at what he does. He keeps it simple and goes balls out every shift. I think he drives the 4th line and sets a tone for the Sabres.
          I love Ellis too. He's from the Red Wings system and the Red Wings have been known to be a pretty good farm system for the rest of the league. Many players who go through their system, know what it takes and come out better players and succeed else where. I think i read somewhere Detroit has had more players play else where in NHL then any other team. They know how to develop players. Ellis reminds me of a Red Wings player Kirt Maltby.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• rbochan
            Zamboni Driver
            • Jun 2008

Best bottom 6 in the NHL.
            ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
            it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              I don't. Not that I hate Mair either. Ellis is all work. He is tireless.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                Mair goes hard, but I still don't think anyone goes as hard as Ellis. Ellis/Mair/Kaleta would be my 4th line. But then where do you put Goose? I know I would not change Hecht/Kennedy/Grier, no matter what. So you'd have to put Goose at centre on the 2nd line, meaning either Roy or Connolly are your 1st line centreman - whoever is better at faceoffs, I suppose. And then which of your wingers come out?

Lindy will obviously just keep things as they are until injury or illness cause him to make changes. At some point, we very well may see Ellis/Mair/Kaleta as the 4th line.
                Good problem to have as I am sure injuries will arise.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍