PDA

View Full Version : Schaub has been dominating

patmoran2006
10-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Quick! Which quarterback leads the NFL in yards AND touchdowns? (Pretend you didn’t just read the headline.)

Brees? Manning? Brady?

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/fantasy-football-what-rhymes-with-schaub/)

Mahdi
10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
If the Texans drop back and throw 90% of the time we're toast. If they try and mix in the run and be balanced we will beat them.

Griff
10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Well Big Ben was leading in yards last week, but I know that isn't the case anymore. Um, Schuab.

Ickybaluky
10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Well Big Ben was leading in yards last week, but I know that isn't the case anymore. Um, Schuab.

Actually, in Yds/Game both Manning and Rivers have him beat.

Ingtar33
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
yeah... Manning might be having the best year a pro quarterback ever had right now. It's terrifying how good he's playing right now. I don't think the Colts are all that good... we might be seeing the finest work a Quarterback ever produced. it's really special to watch him play right now. He's so lights out I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts won the superbowl again.

(frightening Payton Manning side note: at his current pace, he'll break 53,000 yards passing this year, which will put him about 10,000 yards behind Brett Favre (assuming Favre throws for about 3500 this year) for the record passing yards in a career... and within 7k of Dan Marino for number 2. He'll also break his own record for highest QBR in an NFL season (significantly break it too... and his record is significantly higher then number 2)

BTW: Manning's been sacked just 2 times all year. that's insane.

TacklingDummy
10-30-2009, 10:06 AM
It helps when Shaub has played 1 more game than Manning and Brees

mybills
10-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Peyton is the bomb! :up:

Ingtar33
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
you know it's crazy... I've known i've been watching a great quarterback since i saw Payton in college... but it wasn't until the 5 or so years.. that his level of play lifted from "great" to "epic". I've not been this impressed with a quarterback's play since John Elway (who i always and grudgingly thought was the best one of the 83 QB class, and depending on your view of Montana, the best QB of the generation).

Brady is an amazing quarterback, and he'll be in the hall of fame (god i want to take a bath now that i wrote those words) but he's not, and never has been in the class of Payton Manning, and what's astonishing is how Manning has gotten progressively better pretty much every year he's played.

But as great as he's been these last 5 years... I don't think I've ever seen a Quarterback play like he's been playing this year. I doubt he'll break Brady's passing TD record this year. He might not even lead the league in yards (it will be tight between him and Brees). But thus far this has been undoubtedly the finest football i've seen a QB play in my life.

If you other Bills fans have a love of football like i do that goes well beyond the bills themselves... take some time if you've not had the chance to watch Payton play this year... and watch the Colts. That is a decidedly average team he's on. Yet he's playing better then any quarterback you're likely ever to see play the position again in the next 20+ years. It's astonishing the throws he is making. The vision. The pocket presence. Watch it people, you're probably never going to see anything like it again.

Lexwhat
10-30-2009, 01:18 PM
(frightening Payton Manning side note: at his current pace, he'll break 53,000 yards passing this year, which will put him about 10,000 yards behind Brett Favre (assuming Favre throws for about 3500 this year) for the record passing yards in a career... and within 7k of Dan Marino for number 2. He'll also break his own record for highest QBR in an NFL season (significantly break it too... and his record is significantly higher then number 2)

BTW: Manning's been sacked just 2 times all year. that's insane.

Manning's QBR is 114.5 right now. How is he going to "significantly" break his 2004 mark of 121.1?

sdbillsfan2
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Wow , how long has it been since Bills fans can actually use the name of a qb and the word "dominating" in the same sentence ? Too bad he plays for the other team. But we have Fitz and Edwards. Someday , someday .............

Lexwhat
10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Brady is an amazing quarterback, and he'll be in the hall of fame (god i want to take a bath now that i wrote those words) but he's not, and never has been in the class of Payton Manning, and what's astonishing is how Manning has gotten progressively better pretty much every year he's played.

But as great as he's been these last 5 years... I don't think I've ever seen a Quarterback play like he's been playing this year. I doubt he'll break Brady's passing TD record this year. He might not even lead the league in yards (it will be tight between him and Brees). But thus far this has been undoubtedly the finest football i've seen a QB play in my life.

-- Payton?

-- Since I'm not old enough, I can't compare Manning to the early years of Elway or Montana. There's consensus that Manning may be the best Regular-Season QB to ever play the game. But playoffs? Not even close.

-- Hate to recite stats, but Manning's playoff numbers are pathetic when compared to his regular season numbers. You can't blame the Colts Defense either. Although you can't pin all the blame on him, there's no way you can ignore all the mistakes he made, playoff game after playoff game.

Even Manning's Super Bowl year numbers were (in many ways) worse than Dilfer's numbers when Dilfer won the 2001 Super Bowl with Baltimore.

colin
10-30-2009, 03:00 PM
p manning is the greatest football player ever. i'm not fan of his, but i think that's just true.

mybills
10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Montana still has him beat, but not by much the way Peyton is playing now.

Ingtar33
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
-- Hate to recite stats, but Manning's playoff numbers are pathetic when compared to his regular season numbers. You can't blame the Colts Defense either. Although you can't pin all the blame on him, there's no way you can ignore all the mistakes he made, playoff game after playoff game.

Payton Manning's playoff numbers are pretty much identical to Brett Favre's playoff numbers.

I won't defend him the year he won the superbowl, that was hands down his worst playoffs in his career.