PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have a big name coach currently out of football or J. Fisher?

trapezeus
10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Seems like bud adams is essentially saying, "you're not in charge anymore" with pushing young back into the line up. don't forget that Fisher never really wanted Young to begin with.

Add in the manning jersey joke that missed, he might be getting the pink slip or leaving on his own.

So do you still want the grudens/billicks/cowhers out there or do you think, "maybe this is the silver lining to having jauron coach the entire year, we can talk to fisher the second he's free.

MikeInRoch
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Fisher. But he won't be an option.

bigbub2352
10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Big Name Coach
Cohwer
Shanahan
Shottenheimer
Dungy
Holmgren
Gruden
i would take over Fisher

trapezeus
10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
why is that? because he'll take a year off or he just won't come to buffalo?

TacklingDummy
10-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Would you rather have a big name coach currently out of football or J. Fisher?.
I'd rather have a franchise QB. Since it all begins there.

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Fisher never has won anything

trapezeus
10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
he has consistently put together decent teams with the exception of like 4 years over a 16 year career.

He also hasn't done it with amazing free agents and big signings. he does it with good drafting.

trapezeus
10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
i don't know what i would rather have. but if the bills announced on January 4th that they came to terms with him and a GM that Fisher is comfortable with. I would be literally very excited about the prospect of the following 2010 season.

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Sure I like Fisher more than Jauron.

Iehoshua
10-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Saying someone is better than Jauron isn't saying much...

No to Fisher, his Peyton Manning jersey stunt made him look like a fool.

NorthCarBills
10-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Big Name Coach
Cohwer
Shanahan
Shottenheimer
Dungy
Holmgren
Gruden
i would take over Fisher

I would agree with Big Bub on this order of choosing.

In particular, seems like folks lately have been mentioning Shottenheimer less and less when creating these wish lists. I think he's still a winner and would bring the fire and hard edge (LOL non-stop Oklahoma drills) this team's been lacking for a while. And yes, I say "winner" with confidence. He has been successful, gotten teams to the playoffs, and at this point that's what I want to see, ring or no ring. His Buffalo ties dont hurt either.

ddaryl
10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Cowher is still my 1st choice which ain't happening

but Fisher would be a welcomed upgrade.

SquishDaFish
10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
I wouldnt mind him but rather Cowher or Gruden

psubills62
10-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Haha I love the people that are listing people they'd rather have than Fisher.

Seriously? After the last coaches Wilson has brought in? I don't think anyone here has the right to be picky anymore. Fisher has actually gone to the playoffs and had multiple winning records in the last decade. You're saying you wouldn't want that as a Bills fan? Come on...

Fisher would definitely be one of my top choices. The guy consistently does more with less than anyone in the league. I don't think it would happen, though, as there would be other, better opportunities for him if he ever left Tennessee.

RockStar36
10-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I would obviously like to have one of the unemployed Super Bowl winning coaches, but I would absolutely love Jeff Fisher if he was the choice.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
There are a lot of great coaches without rings. Jauron isn't one of them. He is a ******.

Night Train
10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
He're the bottom line. Jauron signed a 3 year- 9 mil extension.

Now if this is year 1 of said extension and Wilson needs to eat 6 mil after this season by firing Jauron, what are the chances of the Bills hiring a name guy who will co$t ? Come on. Let's hear it.

What is ZERO, Alex..

The Bills will promote someone from the present staff or another teams OC/DC, willing to work cheap.

Let's put this name guy stuff to bed permanently, since it will NEVER happen while Ralph is our owner.

BillsOwnAll
10-30-2009, 03:40 PM

Now if this is year 1 of said extension and Wilson needs to eat 6 mil after this season by firing Jauron, what are the chances of the Bills hiring a name guy who will co$t ? Come on. Let's hear it.

What is ZERO, Alex..

The Bills will promote someone from the present staff or another teams OC/DC, willing to work cheap.

Let's put this name guy stuff to bed permanently, since it will NEVER happen while Ralph is our owner.

...hater.

Night Train
10-30-2009, 03:46 PM
...hater.

LOL. Nope. Just someone who's been going to the games since 1965 and knows this owner all too well.

He'll pay the players but purchase his coaches at Dollar General.

ddaryl
10-30-2009, 03:49 PM

What is ZERO, Alex..

Doesn't reality suck

Pinkerton Security
10-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Big Name Coach
Cohwer
Shanahan
Shottenheimer
Dungy
Holmgren
Gruden
i would take over Fisher

ditto, good post.

however, seeing as how we probably wont pay a high-profile coach, Fisher might kinda be in that 2nd tier that we might be able to afford.

BillsWin
10-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd take Fisher, but I bet he'd like a year off. Billick and Gruden would probably me affordable. Both are proven.

Jeff1220
10-30-2009, 05:07 PM
For some reason, I could see RW hiring Gruden (or even Billick), but unfortunately I also get a "Mariucci coaching the Lions" feeling about both those guys.

kernowboy
10-30-2009, 06:35 PM

What is ZERO, Alex..

And we might get Russ Grimm of Arizona, who many thought the equal of Tomlin when the Rooney's tossed a coin and I'd not mind that

TacklingDummy
10-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Coaching is the least of the problems. Untalented players, especially at QB, is the main problem.

MassEffect218435
10-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Jauron will be back in 2010; by the way, just because you get a new coach doesn't mean that the team is just going to suddenly become a contender. Nothing changes until the owner changes, and he isn't changing any time soon.

Throne Logic
10-31-2009, 12:03 AM

In the grand scheme, a few million is really a drop in the bucket for an NFL team. I know Ralph has a history that bucks this point. However, perhaps he'll consider the potential loss of revenue over the next couple seasons when fans stop purchasing merchandise and tickets should Jauron be retained. Or, the flip side of the same equation. There would most definitely be a dramatic increase in sales should Jauron be cut loose and a "real" coach signed.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2009, 01:32 AM
i vote for mike holmgren. will never happen though.

kernowboy
10-31-2009, 04:51 AM
Jauron will be back in 2010; by the way, just because you get a new coach doesn't mean that the team is just going to suddenly become a contender. Nothing changes until the owner changes, and he isn't changing any time soon.

However a new coach comes in with new ideas, and even if they are working with an existing GM like McDaniels is in Denver, can make radical changes to players mindsets, formations etc.

With an intelligent draft, and we currently have 9 selections (including an extra 6th from the Eagles, plus an undisclosed pick from Detroit) plus 6-7 free agents who might not be "star" names but could well fit with what a new coach is looking to do, we might overhaul 30% of the roster.

We are not so poor in certain areas that such a move might not immediately create a turnaround of Miami-like proportions.

MassEffect218435
10-31-2009, 08:13 AM
However a new coach comes in with new ideas, and even if they are working with an existing GM like McDaniels is in Denver, can make radical changes to players mindsets, formations etc.

With an intelligent draft, and we currently have 9 selections (including an extra 6th from the Eagles, plus an undisclosed pick from Detroit) plus 6-7 free agents who might not be "star" names but could well fit with what a new coach is looking to do, we might overhaul 30% of the roster.

We are not so poor in certain areas that such a move might not immediately create a turnaround of Miami-like proportions.Pipe dream.

Typ0
10-31-2009, 09:42 AM
The only thing I question about Fisher is he's been doing the job too long. He's found a happy medium between his life and being a pro football coach. I don't know if that's really conductive to winning superbowls. He is a good job and get a coaching job done but i don't know if he's capable of overachieving right now and some time away from the game might be in order to get that passion back.

bigbub2352
10-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Haha I love the people that are listing people they'd rather have than Fisher.

Seriously? After the last coaches Wilson has brought in? I don't think anyone here has the right to be picky anymore. Fisher has actually gone to the playoffs and had multiple winning records in the last decade. You're saying you wouldn't want that as a Bills fan? Come on...

Fisher would definitely be one of my top choices. The guy consistently does more with less than anyone in the league. I don't think it would happen, though, as there would be other, better opportunities for him if he ever left Tennessee.
Oh if we are being realisitic i would say none of the guys i listed
whatever hot cheap cordinator is out there or someones else guy who got fired for doing a horrible job is probably on our radar
Mike Nolan or along those lines

SABURZFAN
10-31-2009, 10:16 AM
a new owner would be nice.

kernowboy
11-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Pipe dream.

So was Denver's - and Miami's