PDA

View Full Version : Team after 10 games

hydro
10-31-2009, 02:34 PM
10 Games down in the young Sabres season. What do you see as the positives and negatives this team has shown so far?

For me:

Positives-
~Myers obviously, the kid has been a VERY pleasant surprise. It wasn't even a question that he would stay up with this team. He could be a bonafide star if he keeps progressing.
~MacArthur has been a whole different player and whatever he did over the off-season really paid off. Hopefully it isn't just because he is in a contract year...
~Miller has shown why people claim him to be one of the tops in the game. If you don't think so you are just biased and bitter. The guy has won us a few games already this season.

Negatives-
~Flu bug better not spread through this team and propel them into a slump :mad:
~We have taken big leads and stood on them. This could hurt us sooner or later if it isn't addressed.
~Roy has been garbage this season. And yes I know he is tops in points on this team. But he makes boneheaded mistakes all the freaking time. He could turn into being our next Max where the fans will turn on him if he doesn't pick his game back up.
~We have only seen him once but Lalime wasn't impressive. He either needs to get good enough not to be a liability or it is going to be tough end of the season when Miller is playing non-stop. Especially if he is the starter in the Olympics.

OpIv37
10-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Positives:
-Myers
-Miller finally living up to his contract and his reputation
-Connolly
-Gaustad is extremely underrated
-D overall has been MUCH better
-Having Grier back The guy's not a superstar- he's a role player- but he plays that role well and adds much needed size and toughness. Plus, like Gaustad, Kaleta and Mair, he goes balls out on every play and never relents.

Negatives:
-The team still can't finish games. They let lesser opponents hang around too long and surrender points to bottom-feeders
-PP is disorganized still.
-Lalime just sucks, and this will be a huge hindrance when the Olympics come around and Miller is unavailable.
-Some big names still aren't contributing (I'm looking at you, Roy)

OpIv37
10-31-2009, 04:34 PM
So, more or less the same as hydro's.

Crisis
10-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Add Stafford to the positives, he looks legit.

I think we may have the best bottom 6 in the league.

OpIv37
10-31-2009, 05:28 PM
I think we may have the best bottom 6 in the league.

I hope you're right about that. A major reason for the two deep playoff runs a few years back was depth. All 4 lines were capable of producing offense.

SABURZFAN
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Positives

- Connolly is finally looking like the player we all had hoped he'd be. will he be able to finally stay healthy?
- Grier working hard. i love watching this guy play. i'm glad he's back in a Sabre uni.
- The General looks like he has taken that step forward to show he belongs on the team. MacArthur has been playing very well.
- team grit. the team as a whole (other than last night) has played with an edge. the addition of Montadour and Grier seems to have rubbed off on other players. opposing teams aren't taking their shots at Miller leisurely like they were in the past.

Negatives

- Lalime. i know one game doesn't do any justice but i wasn't impressed with his play. he seemed to have picked up where he left off last year.
- team doesn't seem to play a full 60 minutes. theyappear to go through the motions at times.
- Roy. the guy appears to be invisible.

Other notes

- powerplay and penalty kills are so-so.
- i refuse to play into the Goo Crew sausagefest.

RockStar36
11-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Positives:
-Myers
-Miller finally living up to his contract and his reputation
-Connolly
-Gaustad is extremely underrated
-D overall has been MUCH better
-Having Grier back The guy's not a superstar- he's a role player- but he plays that role well and adds much needed size and toughness. Plus, like Gaustad, Kaleta and Mair, he goes balls out on every play and never relents.

Negatives:
-The team still can't finish games. They let lesser opponents hang around too long and surrender points to bottom-feeders
-PP is disorganized still.
-Lalime just sucks, and this will be a huge hindrance when the Olympics come around and Miller is unavailable.
-Some big names still aren't contributing (I'm looking at you, Roy)

Huh?

chernobylwraiths
11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Positives:

Miller
Miller
Miller
Myers
Gaustad
Grier

Negatives:
Roy
Ruff still hasn't learned when to use a backup

Disappointments:
where's Vanek?
Quinn and Regeir still around

trapezeus
11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
the negative being the flu bug...i'd rather it wipe through the team now than show its ugly face in the stanley cup finals and have us playing on our 10th defenseman. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that allows the team to be healthy when we are going full go in the playoffs:-)