PDA

View Full Version : Draftboy, what do you think of Case Keenum?

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2009, 03:14 PM
QB for Houston. He's thrown for over 500 yards and 5 tds today. I was looking at his career stats, and wow.

2 questions. 1.) do you think he'll enter the draft this season? He's a redshirt Junior, I think. 2.) Does he have the skill set to be an NFL QB, and where do you think he'd go if he came out early?

tampabay25690
10-31-2009, 04:19 PM
1 answer ANDRE WARE....
Yes Keenum has put up GAWDY numbers...

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Bump for Draftboy.

DraftBoy
11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorry didnt see this till now...

Strengths:
-Footwork
-Mechanics
-Leadership
-Toughness

Weaknesses:
-Arm Strength
-Level of Competition
-System QB
-Coverage Reading

Keenum is an interesting prospect, he is listed at 6'2, but likely much closer to 6'0 and he has a gunslinger mentality. His NFL Comparison often enough is Drew Brees and I have to agree with it. The kid is rough around the edges, he has a lot of work he needs to do to get bigger and stronger ideally to take the NFL hits. But his athleticism is great and whenever he gets out of the pocket he keeps his eyes down the field at all times looking for WR's. He comes from an explosive spread system which is good for highlights but not good for the NFL. He doesnt have to read coverage or blitzes much. He is the unquestioned leader of the Cougars and plays with a fire and intensity that you don't see out of many of this years QB prospects.

Round Projection: 3-4

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Is he coming out this year?

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Sorry didnt see this till now...

Strengths:
-Footwork
-Mechanics
-Leadership
-Toughness

Weaknesses:
-Arm Strength
-Level of Competition
-System QB
-Coverage Reading

Keenum is an interesting prospect, he is listed at 6'2, but likely much closer to 6'0 and he has a gunslinger mentality. His NFL Comparison often enough is Drew Brees and I have to agree with it. The kid is rough around the edges, he has a lot of work he needs to do to get bigger and stronger ideally to take the NFL hits. But his athleticism is great and whenever he gets out of the pocket he keeps his eyes down the field at all times looking for WR's. He comes from an explosive spread system which is good for highlights but not good for the NFL. He doesnt have to read coverage or blitzes much. He is the unquestioned leader of the Cougars and plays with a fire and intensity that you don't see out of many of this years QB prospects.

Round Projection: 3-4

Agree with most of what you say...

DraftBoy
11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Is he coming out this year?

I doubt it. He's only a Junior and while his stats are out of this world and should make him a Heisman candidate he won't get a high enough ranking.