PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barkley

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Can we draft this kid right now after his Freshman season ?

Future #1 pick of the draft 2012.

Demon
10-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah, great... another Cali QB.... pass.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 10:23 PM
He would probably be the #1 pick if he was able to come out in this draft.

hydro
10-31-2009, 10:26 PM
He would probably be the #1 pick if he was able to come out in this draft.

Not a chance in hell.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Not a chance in hell.

Think again.

cpearl
10-31-2009, 10:35 PM
This kid is going to be a star. He can make every pass. NFL arm. Been groomed to be an NFL star is whole life.

hydro
10-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Think again.

Yep I did. Still don't think so.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Yep I did. Still don't think so.

Can't help you then if you don't understand what you're watching.

psubills62
10-31-2009, 10:42 PM
This kid is going to be a star. He can make every pass. NFL arm. Been groomed to be an NFL star is whole life.

He's played well for a freshman, but no way is he ready yet. On this pace, he should be scary good in two years for sure, but not a chance he's ready right now.

Maybe if you could draft the entire USC line and running game with him...not that you'd want to after that game.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 10:46 PM

He's obviously been well coached, and I'm talking even before he step foot on the USC campus. I really don't see a weakness besides youth and he looks pretty cool, calm and confident. Has all the physical abilities and he can read a defense well right now. I can't see him staying four years at USC.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 10:47 PM
I didn't say he could walk into the NFL and START right now, but he has the most upside of any college qb.

hydro
10-31-2009, 10:51 PM
I didn't say he could walk into the NFL and START right now, but he has the most upside of any college qb.

Oh so you are back tracking now :up:

I understand that he is looking very good. But you went as far as saying he could be a #1 pick in this years draft. That is just plain wrong. It may be in his future but he is raw right now.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Not back tracking.
I said he would be the 1st pick in the draft, that doesn't mean you have to start from day one. Big difference.

I would take him right now over any qb on the Bills roster. Because the three we currently have are leading this team nowhere.

psubills62
10-31-2009, 11:05 PM
He has definitely looked good. I'm a little wary of him, considering how absolutely STOCKED USC is with talent (RB's are all great, has Damian Williams at WR, had McCoy at TE, great OL).

I'll definitely watch the kid in the coming years, and if he keeps developing then he'll be scary good. However, things always don't turn out like they should in CFB, it seems. Just look at Blount, Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, etc., just this year. We'll have to see with Barkley.

TheBrownBear
10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Exactly. We'll know a lot more about Barkley after another season. Right now he's just a pretty good QB on a superbly talented 2 loss team.

k-oneputt
10-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Hypothetically speaking, where does anyone think this kid would get drafted in the upcoming 2010 draft ? I've already stated mine. Step up, lets hear them.

sdbillsfan2
10-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Hypothetically speaking, where does anyone think this kid would get drafted in the upcoming 2010 draft ? I've already stated mine. Step up, lets hear them.

Does anyone remember Todd Marinovich? Sometimes the physical tools are not enough . Another USC Qb that couldn't make the transition . ( mental issues) Then we have RJ, Lienart ,Casel and the list goes on. For every Carson Palmer , you have to suffer thru the likes of these guys. Give me a Qb from Western Pa. any day over So Cal. ( Marino, Montana, Unitas and Jim Kelly )

I like USC as a college team , but never cared for Qbs from the school. Give me a guy who's spend his winter playing street football in the snow any day ! lol

Night Train
11-01-2009, 04:55 AM
I enjoyed watching Oregon destroy USC but little doubt that Barkley is insanely talented for an 18 year old.

That arm of his and his ability to make quick reads at this stage brings back memories of Elway during his freshman year at Stanford.

Barkley will be fun to watch the rest of the season and the next 2 after. He has Heisman written all over him.

kernowboy
11-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Does anyone remember Todd Marinovich? Sometimes the physical tools are not enough . Another USC Qb that couldn't make the transition . ( mental issues) Then we have RJ, Lienart ,Casel and the list goes on. For every Carson Palmer , you have to suffer thru the likes of these guys. Give me a Qb from Western Pa. any day over So Cal. ( Marino, Montana, Unitas and Jim Kelly )

I like USC as a college team , but never cared for Qbs from the school. Give me a guy who's spend his winter playing street football in the snow any day ! lol

Pat Devlin, Delaware from Ea Pennsylvania but close enough

TacklingDummy
11-01-2009, 06:01 AM
So was Todd Marinovich.

tampabay25690
11-01-2009, 06:11 AM

Top 5 I will be honest he would probably be 1-3 depending on who drafts...
Will be a FUTURE NFL star..

k-oneputt
11-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Top 5 I will be honest he would probably be 1-3 depending on who drafts...
Will be a FUTURE NFL star..

No doubt. If you're a team looking to draft a qb, and most in the top-5 are, you have to put this kid at the top of that list.
We will have to wait until 2012.

psubills62
11-01-2009, 11:33 AM

I think he'd go at towards the beginning of the 2nd round.

Yes, he has all the tools, and looks good for a freshman, but experience and age cannot be understated. Look at guys like Amobi Okoye, and almost any other player that enters at a young age. Even at positions that aren't as mentally taxing as QB, they take a while to be able to play at a high level.

The problem is that Barkley would almost need to sit for 2+ years on the bench. Why would a team take him in the first round then? He's still a project, no matter how you look at it.

Griff
11-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, great... another Cali QB.... pass.

rofl yeah thats the problem, ignore the coaching issues, its all about what state they're from.

kernowboy
11-01-2009, 11:56 AM
rofl yeah thats the problem, ignore the coaching issues, its all about what state they're from.

It is a question that needs asking.

Is a guy from a blue collar state likely to be more responsive to playing in Buffalo than a surfer type, who's only ever seen snow on his skiing holiday?

Mr. Pink
11-01-2009, 01:06 PM
:rofl:

9 TDs, 6 INTs in 7 games.

1700 yards passing and a 59.3%

He wouldn't even be drafted in the third round if he came out now.

Some people get way ahead of themselves.

And to be honest, he hasn't been that impressive when I've seen USC play, even for a freshman.

Griff
11-01-2009, 01:36 PM
It is a question that needs asking.

Is a guy from a blue collar state likely to be more responsive to playing in Buffalo than a surfer type, who's only ever seen snow on his skiing holiday?

not to interrupt your state prejudice but there are plenty of places in California to see regular snow fall, and not everybody here surfs, in fact few do, because the good surfing conditions are mostly down south, and a drive to LA can take 8-10 hours from the north state.

k-oneputt
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
LOL 2nd or 3rd rd. ???

That's funny. You guy's are clueless.
Did you watch the Bills today ?
After that I would take Barkley right now.

hydro
11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
LOL 2nd or 3rd rd. ???

That's funny. You guy's are clueless.
Did you watch the Bills today ?
After that I would take Barkley right now.

The one that is clueless is you. You compare a players draft position based on how bad the Bills are? Boy am I glad you aren't in our FO...

k-oneputt
11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Even the inadaquate Bills front office could draft this guy.

Come back in 2012 when he is the first pick in the draft.

psubills62
11-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Even if he is a top pick in 2012, that doesn't prove anything about where he'd be picked if he could come out this year.

I don't disagree with you about him in 2012 draft. IF he continues to progress, then he'll definitely be a top pick in 2012. But 2 years is a huge gap that every NFL team would be aware of.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Ummmmmm the guy has 6 Ints in 7 games. am i missing something here? He is not even averaging 2 TDs per contest with one of the best OL's in all of college football. Yes, he may most likely improve to be the best QB in a year or two. But if he entered the draft now... he would not go Day 1! People need to stop being crazy.

k-oneputt
If you were the Bills gm which qb would you take in six months ?

hydro

LOL, like I said he might just be a great pick in the future. But only a bonehead Front Office would draft him if he was able to commit this season. HE IS A FRESHMAN! Yes he looks good but stop with this crap that he could be a #1 pick this season. It makes you look foolish.

k-oneputt
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Wouldn't go day one ????? Ok. I see I'm talking with people that don't know what they are talking about.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
If you were the Bills gm which qb would you take in six months ?

Bradford, Locker, or Pike. Who ever looks the best at combines. So Bradford and Pike need to prove they are healthy and strong enough to survive the hits in NFL. I sure as hell, wouldn't take Barkley which isn't even legal anyways. I wanna watch the kid Hill too.

k-oneputt
11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
LOL . You guy's are funny. Learn the game.

hydro
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
LOL . You guy's are funny. Learn the game.

:rofl: You are a joke.