PDA

View Full Version : Trent Starting QB?? Jauron Fired?? Van Pelt Demoted??

BILLSROCK1212
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
What happens this week??

Patti120
11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
none of the above.

LooneyBin
11-01-2009, 02:49 PM
All I can tell you is that Van Pelt has cookie dough for brains.

Typ0
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
hopefully TE will come back. Fitz is exceptionally bad. He does much better at getting some time which is something that will end TE career soon...but if JF could hit a checkdown pass we might have won that game.

Canadian'eh!
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Welll.... nothing happens this week, as we're on the bye.

I imagine Trent will be back starting after that.

But Ralph has no balls and will not change anything in coaching i'm sure.

Novacane
11-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Trent re-instated as starter. We're stuck with the other 2 losers for the year.

Nighthawk
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
We've just got to get through this year and hope for more losses, as that is the only way we all get what we want...a house cleaning! Folks, losses are good at this point.

Buddo
11-01-2009, 03:24 PM
It would be nice for all of those things to happen, but I doubt that other than Edwards starting after the bye, the other ones will.
FWIW, we also could do with bringing in another tackle - preferably one with something to actually contribute. I think Meredith will probably be decent in time, but Scott and Chambers are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

SquishDaFish
11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I will never root and hope for losses so thats not happening. I think Edwards will be the #1 again even though he sucks

Nighthawk
11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I will never root and hope for losses so thats not happening. I think Edwards will be the #1 again even though he sucks

Well, then you just don't get it. However, I bet you'll be first in line screaming how happy you're when they clean house after another crappy season.

Typ0
11-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I find myself watching these games longing for some feeling for them to win. I just don't care. I can't make that emotional commitment when things are so bad. Why should I go through that pain? I did for a few years. I kept the seasons for a couple years after I saw things headed downhill. I tried to hang on. But I can't hang on through this mess. It's not my problem and I'm not going to make it my problem because I've influenced the results as much as I can already.

PECKERWOOD
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I really wish Ralph would just keel over and die.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Trent will start. Maybe he comes out of his concussion as a new player. Or maybe he will still suck.

SquishDaFish
11-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, then you just don't get it. However, I bet you'll be first in line screaming how happy you're when they clean house after another crappy season.

Im going to tell you this one more time. Read the rest of this REAL SLOW ok.....

I ROOT for WINS like Any REAL fan. I will NEVER root for losses NEVER!! Do I want them to clean house from the FO down YES more then you Im sure but I still cant root for losses. And when we pull out a Win yes IM HAPPY!! No matter what happens anyway Dickey isnt going anywhere, Ralph is not going to pay 6M to someone that isnt going to be here any longer.

So if they do clean house yes I will be first in line cheering and happy as hell just like when we WIN!

Typ0
11-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Trent will start. Maybe he comes out of his concussion as a new player. Or maybe he will still suck.

unfortunately, it was a concussion that made him start to stink in the first place...

imbondz
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I haven't felt this distant from a Bills team in a while. They don't care, so why would I.

I still haven't given up on TE yet tho. I think if we had a solid OL he could be a very good QB. But as long as the front office doesn't think the OL is a big deal, it doesn't matter who we have back there. Before today, Trent was 4th on the list of all QBs getting sacked the most.

Typ0
11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
They do think it's a big deal. They took a big hit on the OLine this year in hopes to develop something solid there.

I haven't felt this distant from a Bills team in a while. They don't care, so why would I.

I still haven't given up on TE yet tho. I think if we had a solid OL he could be a very good QB. But as long as the front office doesn't think the OL is a big deal, it doesn't matter who we have back there. Before today, Trent was 4th on the list of all QBs getting sacked the most.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Im going to tell you this one more time. Read the rest of this REAL SLOW ok.....

I ROOT for WINS like Any REAL fan. I will NEVER root for losses NEVER!! Do I want them to clean house from the FO down YES more then you Im sure but I still cant root for losses. And when we pull out a Win yes IM HAPPY!! No matter what happens anyway Dickey isnt going anywhere, Ralph is not going to pay 6M to someone that isnt going to be here any longer.

So if they do clean house yes I will be first in line cheering and happy as hell just like when we WIN!

I agree with beastmode, I don't think Ralph will eat 6 million dollars. I wish he would. At best he will give job to some idiot on our current staff. It is depressing, very. Seems like it'll be 5 years until this team rebuilds :(

Nighthawk
11-01-2009, 03:54 PM

Yep, you're a "real" fan...dude, get the f**k over yourself.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I hate the Buffalo Bills right now. I'm glad we get a break from the heartache with a bye.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm not going to root for losses per say, more like if we lose I won't be upset about it because losing actually helps the Bills more than winning does at this point.

Nighthawk
11-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I hate the Buffalo Bills right now. I'm glad we get a break from the heartache with a bye.

You're not a real fan...

Nighthawk
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm not going to root for losses per say, more like if we lose I won't be upset about it because losing actually helps the Bills more than winning does at this point.

You know that I agree with you more then I do not, but you do realize what you said is pretty much the same thing...don't you? If you're not upset that they lossed, then you basically are not rooting for them to win.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
You're not a real fan...

that's fine by me. It's embarrassing to be a Bills fan right now.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
You're not a real fan...

Do you honestly think, Ralph will eat 6 Million then sign a decent coach at 2-3 Million? I hope you are right. I just think, he's a El Cheapo

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
You know that I agree with you more then I do not, but you do realize what you said is pretty much the same thing...don't you? If you're not upset that they lossed, then you basically are not rooting for them to win.

I think indifferent is a better word for it Nighthawk. I am numb right now. I wouldn't be phased at all if we lose out and still keep Jauron or pick a complete loser with our first pick. That is what this franchise has done to me. So win or lose, I could really care less until they actually show me they are committed to fixing this train wreck.

SquishDaFish
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I agree BillsWin. I will not and do not root for losses but am not pissed off longer then say 30 mins because I know theres a chance its going to get dickey fired.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
This front office has made an absolute travesty out of a once proud franchise and its fanbase.

Borosai
11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
This can't be stated enough: the changes have to start at the top. How far up is realistic? Surely not the owner, and probably not the front office. Coaching staff? At this point, most other teams would be desperate enough to make the changes, but we've seen that this organization just doesn't feel the same way as the fans do.

New coaching staff --> new system --> new players to fit that system --> the REAL re-building we have been waiting for --> a successful team (for more than a few weeks). Or at least that's what makes sense to me.

tampabay25690
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I dont blame AVP he was thrown in this and did not have a season to prepare..
He will do much better next year..
Trent will be the starter after the BYE week.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Well, I'd like to know which idiot, April or Jauron, decided to give away the game on the fake punt?

That guy needs to be fired during the bye.

Typ0
11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, I'd like to know which idiot, April or Jauron, decided to give away the game on the fake punt?

That guy needs to be fired during the bye.

It wasn't that bad of a call. It was an attempt by someone to try and win the game at least. The offense was horrible and the D was on the field way too much. This call was an attempt to keep them off the field a little longer. The coaching staff can't win when they are losing. It's either they are too conservative and coaching not to lose or they are making dumb calls trying to win.

SquishDaFish
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
It wasn't that bad of a call. It was an attempt by someone to try and win the game at least. The offense was horrible and the D was on the field way too much. This call was an attempt to keep them off the field a little longer. The coaching staff can't win when they are losing. It's either they are too conservative and coaching not to lose or they are making dumb calls trying to win.

I agree 9 out of 10 times that fake FG/Punt stuff works for this team and makes this coaching staff look smart for a moment. Cant work all the time. Kudos to them for trying though. Better then just punting like always

Philagape
11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
It's either they are too conservative and coaching not to lose or they are making dumb calls trying to win.

Yes. The coaches in a nutshell.

yordad
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
If the Bills had a any possible candidate to replace Jauron on the staff, they would. However, they don't, so they won't.

yordad
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh, and Trent gets his job back.

TigerJ
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Jauron: Stays for the time being, probably 'til the end of the season

Van Pelt: Stays in his present position.

Trent: Probably back as starter after the bye

I think the coaching staff doesn't believe the offense can be very productive with Fitzpatrick at QB. They attempted to play the game "close to the vest." It worked to an extent in the first half, but obviously Houston had too much offensive firepower to pull off winning the game that way. The Bills probably have the skill positon player to be a fairly potent offense, aside from the obvious huge question mark at QB. The other wrench in the works is the offensive line. Going back to the off season, the Bills' braintrust was probably overly optimistic that they could get the offensive line to click in the irst half of the season, though injuries didn't help them much. They also bet that Trent Edwards would perform like the pre-Cleveland in '08 Trent rather than the post Cleveland Trent. So far it's been the post Cleveland Trent all the way.

The Bills have to be hoping they can do something to get Trent to look like the Trent from early in the '08 season after the bye. Otherwise, it's going to be an agonizing second half of the season. I think Van Pelt has to open things up. They have to lay down the law with Trent. "Trent, throw deep a handful of times every game, or your career with the Bills and probably the NFL is kaput." Fitzpatrick is what he's always been and always will be, a backup

LooneyBin
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Does it really appear that some of these players care that they are losing? I'm sure I wasn't the only one to spot beastly laughing on the bench while they were already down by two TD's.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't by any of these posters crap that your not a real fan if you are down on the team or rooting for a loss.

Two weeks ago I was rooting for the Jets because the Bills have made me apathetic.

I'm a pissed off fan. Stiil a fan, but a major league pissed off one.

The Bills want us on the bandwagon? Than win some fricking games and earn some respect. Until than they deserve the hate they are getting.