PDA

View Full Version : Foolish offensive tactics

jimmacie
11-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Why is it that almost every other team in the league uses short drops and quick slants over the middle except the Bills? Most passes are either poorly executed screen passes, short 5 yard passes to either sideline (which never seem to net enough yardage for a first down) or the rare overthrown bomb. When you watch teams like New England and other well-coached teams march down the field using short, quick passes, it is so frustrating to see how poorly the Bills execute their passing game. Also, why is it that when we need a few yards for a first down, the Bills usually hand off the ball to a running back 5-7 yards deep in the backfield and then are astonished when the play doesn't work? How about some quick hitters? FIRE Jauron (and Van Pelt) NOW! Also, if we EVER get a new quality coach and GM, they MUST clean house of overpaid, underproducing players like Lee Evans and several others. Every time the Bills give an average player an exorbitant contract extension, they seem to stop playing well. 50 years of following this team can be so frustrating, but I'll NEVER stop supporting them.

OpIv37
11-01-2009, 07:39 PM
You're preaching to the choir. I've been *****ing about the lack of quick slants from this team for Jauron's entire tenure here, maybe even longer than that. It's just amazing that this team can't master basic staples of NFL offense that every other team utilizes effectively.

VeggieMan14
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
seriously it looks like AVP is asking madden on the sidelines... They might work in madden 10 but not real life

DynaPaul
11-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't know. I think if Alex asked Madden or even a 10 year old kid that plays it we could move our offense down the field.

Oaf
11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
I feel like our route combinations are so easy to predict or identify, a high school team could zone it.