PDA

View Full Version : WTF happened last night?

OpIv37
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I saw the first period, but then I started having trouble with the stream so I decided to go watch Notre Dame on an actual TV instead.

It was 1-0 when I gave up on the stream.

A half hour later, it was 4-0.

WTF happened?

DMBcrew36
11-01-2009, 08:52 PM
1st period - Sabres carry much of the play, look pretty good. During Park's 1st intermission interview, the Isles broadcasters asked him about how crazy it was for them to have the 1-0 lead despite being outplayed - he agreed.

2nd period - Isles completely takeover and dominate. Worst period I've seen in a long time. Miller was completely hung out to dry and Lindy pulled him when the Isles made it 3-0 in an effort to spark the team. It didn't obviously make much of a difference.

3rd period - Not as bad as the 2nd period, but still pretty damn bad. The Sabres never really 'poured it on' for the final 10 minutes like they usually do after not showing up for the rest of the game.

- Biron was definitely the main difference, though. His play was absolutely stellar. Since he left two years ago, he has all but once been absolutely phenomenal against the Sabres. He always seems to bring his best game against the Sabres.

- The Sabres powerplay is crap. Ever since Scott Arniel left in 2007 it has been disappointing. We are one of the most dominant teams 5-on-5 in most games, but our powerplay is far from impressive.

JD
11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Rumor has it that several Sabres are battling the flu.. I'll give them a mulligan for last night. Bring up Gerbe if a forward is sick.

SkateZilla
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
they said about half the team had the flu or symptoms, you cant very well scratch half a team...

still... as soon as ESPN mentioned the flu I knew we'd go on a nasty Sub .500 streak.

Ngxtreme13
11-02-2009, 12:29 AM
of course marty biron gets his 200th win against the sabres...really weird if you think about it.....

SABURZFAN
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
i blame Tyler Myers. :couch:

SkateZilla
11-03-2009, 10:39 PM
of course marty biron gets his 200th win against the sabres...really weird if you think about it.....

and a shutout at that...

Black Pucks, Black Eyes, Black Taco... Taco... Taco.......