PDA

View Full Version : Owens gave a great press conference today

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I think you have to look at his true attitude and look past what the media says about him. The guy is on there just telling the truth. He pretty much says the offense needs to start playing with some pride and says the defense can't carry them to wins all the time.

He praises the defense up and down and says look, our D is stifling offenses who put up alot of points. The score is not always indicative to how the D played. We arent getting it done on offense.

I like that attitude. He's been holding himself accountable, but the offensive struggles are not all on him.

I really can't wait until we finally get a franchise QB in Buffalo. What have we been missing for the past decade? Sure there have been other components that we have had an absence of but QB is a glaring need.

I got to say the injuries to the o-line have been devastating this season, and now that the trade deadline has passed it may get worse with Meredith being injured.

But, Im straying from my main point.

Just go to buffalobills.com and watch the Owens press conference. I felt he gave some pretty good answers.

Maybe he SHOULD start calling out the team though because they need some fire under them.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Getting a franchise QB, easier said than done. They don't grow on trees. You need to be able to evaluate talent and give that talent a chance to succeed without getting killed also.

But I hope we do, find that leader this offense needs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-01-2009, 10:10 PM
every meaningless win this season takes us one step further away from drafting a franchise QB

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Getting a franchise QB, easier said than done. They don't grow on trees. You need to be able to evaluate talent and give that talent a chance to succeed without getting killed also.

But I hope we do, find that leader this offense needs.

I'm telling you, Bradford will be "The Guy" for some team out there. If Bradford isn't a good nfl QB, you guys can ban me from these boards. Bradford will be a franchise QB for some lucky team out there and I hope it is with the Bills.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
every meaningless win this season takes us one step further away from drafting a franchise QB

Just lose baby!

justasportsfan
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm telling you, Bradford will be "The Guy" for some team out there. If Bradford isn't a good nfl QB, you guys can ban me from these boards. Bradford will be a franchise QB for some lucky team out there and I hope it is with the Bills.
Dick will castrate him and turn him into a sissy who plays not to lose.

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Dick will castrate him and turn him into a sissy who plays not to lose.

My ideal and realistic offseason sees Dick gone, Billick or Gruden as the coach, Bradford with the ninth pick and Anthony Davis, LT from Rutgers with our second pick.

Got to protect a young QB. And that means from the coach as well. We arent going to afford Cowher, so lets get someone we can afford who can still bring us wins.

justasportsfan
11-01-2009, 10:19 PM
My ideal and realistic offseason sees Dick gone, Billick or Gruden as the coach, Bradford with the ninth pick and Anthony Davis, LT from Rutgers with our second pick.

Got to protect a young QB. And that means from the coach as well. We arent going to afford Cowher, so lets get someone we can afford who can still bring us wins.
please refer to my avatar

BillsWin
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
please refer to my avatar

Ain't that the truth. I wish Polian was still here...

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Terrell Owens is fooling yet another fan base.

Meathead
11-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Just lose baby!
my lawyers will be contacting you

HHURRICANE
11-02-2009, 07:30 AM
If you guys are thinking that the fix will come with a QB change than you will be hugely dissappointed.

The o-line is horrible and it starts there. Than we need a real OC which I doubt the Bills actually hire.

Furthermore, I think Edwards will be starting next year. I highly doubt any rookie will beat him out in camp or pre-season. If you think we are bringing a vet in....well same thing. Who's out there that is taking his spot?

mybills
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
I love how the announcer said TO dropped the ball when the CB stuck his hand in there to break it up. Hey idiot..that was an awesome defensive play! It didn't matter if it were TO or Lee Evans, that ball was not going to be caught!

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I love how the announcer said TO dropped the ball when the CB stuck his hand in there to break it up. Hey idiot..that was an awesome defensive play! It didn't matter if it were TO or Lee Evans, that ball was not going to be caught!

In TO's best years, he would've caught that ball. He's being paid to catch that ball.

mybills
11-02-2009, 08:47 AM
It wasn't catchable. (period)

Pinkerton Security
11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
In TO's best years, he would've caught that ball. He's being paid to catch that ball.

BS, the defender had his arm between TO's and would have punched it out if it ever even had a chance to make it to TO's hands

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 08:53 AM
BS, the defender had his arm between TO's and would have punched it out if it ever even had a chance to make it to TO's hands
I would've thrown it to Lee. He would've fought for the ball instead of waiting for the ball to fall into his hands.

Pinkerton Security
11-02-2009, 08:55 AM
I would've thrown it to Lee. He would've fought for the ball instead of waiting for the ball to fall into his hands.

you would've most likely been sacked and had your neck broken bc you're not a professional athlete, so dont say you would have done any better.

yordad
11-02-2009, 08:58 AM
If you guys are thinking that the fix will come with a QB change than you will be hugely dissappointed.

The o-line is horrible and it starts there. Than we need a real OC which I doubt the Bills actually hire.

Furthermore, I think Edwards will be starting next year. I highly doubt any rookie will beat him out in camp or pre-season. If you think we are bringing a vet in....well same thing. Who's out there that is taking his spot?You must not noticed Rodgers looking like a league MVP candidate behind an o-line that is just as bad. Not to mention, he makes plays with his feet.

yordad
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I would've thrown it to Lee. He would've fought for the ball instead of waiting for the ball to fall into his hands.Exactly. TO should have turned and caught that ball higher in the air.

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
you would've most likely been sacked and had your neck broken bc you're not a professional athlete, so dont say you would have done any better.

Lol. OKay let me rephrase, I would've called for the play to be thrown to Lee. He fights for the ball and just doesn't wait for it.

PS- I was a pro in 2 other different sports :tongue:

yordad
11-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Lol. OKay let me rephrase, I would've called for the play to be thrown to Lee. He fights for the ball and just doesn't wait for it.

PS- I was a pro in 2 other different sports :tongue:You played 2 different sports for a living?

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 09:17 AM
You played 2 different sports for a living?
chess and billiards

:bravo:

Captain gameboy
11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll start listening to TO talk about pride when I see him do something less pitiful than his response to the pick that Fitz threw when the two of them screwed up on the out vs out and up pattern.

The guy isn't putting out 50%, and I don't care to listen to him.

There isn't a guy on the offensive side of the ball, with the possible exception of Josh Reed, who deserves a mike at a press conference.

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Maybe teams will overlook his diminished skills and sign the new TO. The nice guy.

yordad
11-02-2009, 10:18 AM
chess and billiards

:bravo:I didn't know you could make a living at chess. :idunno:

I however did make a living at a sport in my day.

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 10:24 AM
I didn't know you could make a living at chess. :idunno:

I however did make a living at a sport in my day.
I was jk. Chess and billiards are not sports. They're games.

mybills
11-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Exactly. TO should have turned and caught that ball higher in the air.

Maybe, but the fact remains..
he did not drop it.

Owen DeBoard
11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I think you have to look at his true attitude and look past what the media says about him. The guy is on there just telling the truth. He pretty much says the offense needs to start playing with some pride and says the defense can't carry them to wins all the time.

He praises the defense up and down and says look, our D is stifling offenses who put up alot of points. The score is not always indicative to how the D played. We arent getting it done on offense.

I like that attitude. He's been holding himself accountable, but the offensive struggles are not all on him.

I really can't wait until we finally get a franchise QB in Buffalo. What have we been missing for the past decade? Sure there have been other components that we have had an absence of but QB is a glaring need.

I got to say the injuries to the o-line have been devastating this season, and now that the trade deadline has passed it may get worse with Meredith being injured.

But, Im straying from my main point.

Just go to buffalobills.com and watch the Owens press conference. I felt he gave some pretty good answers.

Maybe he SHOULD start calling out the team though because they need some fire under them.
T O aint calling nobody out because he loves them days off of practice like he had Friday off. He even said it himself he likes Jauron for a coach because he lets them have practice off. That is where our real problem lys is that these guys dont want to practice and develop chemistry together. Jauron is a ****ing fool by not making these guys practice when they are 100 percent healthy. This offense aint gonna be on the same page unless you have the same guys practicing every day together. You cant have that attitude well im gonna let this player have today off because he needs to rest his legs that bull**** what have they done in the game that requires them to rest their legs. Thats why this team has a loser mentality because they aint being pushed to make their selves better. They play like a bunch of pussies and that is why they constantly have guys getting hurt every game.

Beastie Bills
11-02-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm not sure which Lee you're talking about, but it can't be Lee Evans.

Beastie Bills
11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
chess and billiards

:bravo:

Ok, so what sports did you play?

SABURZFAN
11-02-2009, 12:17 PM

they can always give up a 1st, 2nd, and 5th rounders to get somebody from a school who plays a bunch of nobodys, compare him to Brett Favre, and blow smoke up our asses by telling us he has potential. :hang: