PDA

View Full Version : Why fire Jauron now?

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
There is not one coach with the team today that I want coaching this team next season. If we hand the reigns to anyone else, and we win a few games...Ralph could come to us with the "continuity" argument at the end of the season.

I think its best to leave the guy in there till the very end, then interview the best offensive minded coordinator available since Ralph wont pay for a Shanahan type guy.

I gotta believe that good things come to those who wait, and while it is difficult to watch, and trust me I am very annoyed, I don't want to risk having any of these current coaches running this team next season.

bigbub2352
11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
To start the rebuild process that should have started in january of 2008, we are getting a late jump on what should have went down when you go 0-6 in the division you play in and 3 consecutive failure seasons

Fire him now let anyone of those loser coachs take over for the rest of the season hopefully we lose the rest of our games so we can hire a new s taff and have the luxury of picking in the top 5

Hey guys whover takes over dont take anyplayers from Texas in the top 5 please go with someone else thanks

psubills62
11-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Because Dick Jauron has this LOSING mentality that pervades the locker room and spreads throughout the players.

Getting rid of it now is the best possible thing, before it makes young stars like Byrd/Wood/Levitre into mediocre talent like every other veteran.

Syderick
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Get rid of him now sends a message that the Bills don't put up with failures. It also ends any speculation of him having the job next year.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
but would it be worth the risk of being stuck with one of these coaches if the win a few games the rest of the way? We could lose games with Jauron and have a better shot of looking elsewhere for another coach

yordad
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Look at our staff. No one is close to being a viable replacement option long term. I am not afraid of them hiring a head coach from within this time. Firing Jauron now would give the Bills a jump on hiring his replacement.

trapezeus
11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
i find it really hard to believe any of the coordniators have the stuff to make winners out of the bills for the remainder of the season.

I would rather see jauron fired, and then have a weekly fan selection where a fan can coach the team for a week. They can charge for entries into the selection contest.

And then at the games we can actually root for our fellow bills fan to actually do something right.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I want Jauron gone as bad as the next fan, but I think he will be here in 2010. Ralph will not eat the 6 mil left on his contract. They (FO) will use the excuse of injuries and not blame Jauron for the season. Just my opinion and hope I am wrong.

trapezeus
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
i think the bills will eat $6MM. they did it with TO and that sold seats. Eating $6MM on Jauron to sell seats will be very easy. i think they know there is not advantage to letting him go.

Plus, i feel like to minimize costs, they would rather watch Jauron squeak to 7-9 and keep them out of the uber expensive 1-5 slots of the draft. IF they can avoid the super expensive pick, they'll let jauron go and give him $6MM as a "good job old chap" and then get back with a rookie HC that will be excited to work with Modrak and staff.

jamze132
11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I think that if Ralph ate $6M by firing Dick and then spent $6M on Cowher and gave him total control, he would make an additional $12M in profit in the first year alone. The fanebase would be rejuvinated. Think of it like the Bills having vaginal rejuvination surgery.

All the fairweather fans who have not attended WILL attend if Cowher is running the show. Season tickets sales will be at an all-time high.

All you have to do is fire Dicknose and hire Bill ****in' Cowher!

SABURZFAN
11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
All the fairweather fans who have not attended WILL attend if Cowher is running the show. Season tickets sales will be at an all-time high.

i wouldn't call them "fairweather fans." if anything, they're the smart fans. it's obvious that the organization doesn't want to put out a competitive product. they've used smokescreens to hornswoggle the Bills fans out of their hard earned money. eight of the last nine games have ended up in losses. i read somewhere that the Bills have scored ONE TD in the last four home games. that is pathetic. if the Bills were losing more excitingly than they have been, that's one thing. but to see opponents have nearly as many rushing yards than the Bills total yards is a disgrace. i'm just tired of people patronizing The Old Fart when he's flat out ripping off people of their money.

sdbillsfan2
11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Why fire Jauron now?

Ans.
How about a sign of good will to show the fans Ralph really cares about this team and not just the money? How about the fact it would be a little bit of proof that he is HoF worthy? How about a little payback for 50 years of fan loyalty ?

Or how about the old saying ,,,,,, The customer is always right ?

"The first thing you should do when your find yourself in a hole is stop digging!"

Nighthawk
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
There is not one coach with the team today that I want coaching this team next season. If we hand the reigns to anyone else, and we win a few games...Ralph could come to us with the "continuity" argument at the end of the season.

I think its best to leave the guy in there till the very end, then interview the best offensive minded coordinator available since Ralph wont pay for a Shanahan type guy.

I gotta believe that good things come to those who wait, and while it is difficult to watch, and trust me I am very annoyed, I don't want to risk having any of these current coaches running this team next season.

I agree...getting rid of the guy now could put us in position to have one of the other mediocre coaches on this staff as HC next year. It's tough to wait, but he should be fired at the end of the season, not during it...unless there was a good option on the current staff...and there isn't.

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2009, 04:53 PM
In answer to the titled question, please allow me to summarize the answers thus far...

1) To start the rebuild process that should have started in january of 2008.
2) Because Dick Jauron has this LOSING mentality that pervades the locker room and spreads throughout the players. Getting rid of it now is the best possible thing, before it makes young stars like Byrd/Wood/Levitre into mediocre talent like every other veteran.
3) Getting rid of him now sends a message that the Bills don't put up with failures.
4) It ends any speculation of him having the job next year.
5) We should not be afraid of Ralph hiring an interim coach from within because no one currently on the Bills staff is close to being a viable replacement option long term.
6) To show a sign of good will to the fans that Ralph really cares about this team and not just the money?

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Get rid of him now sends a message that the Bills don't put up with failures. It also ends any speculation of him having the job next year.How would that send a message when the Bills have been putting up with failures for decades? The credibility is gone, the only way to get it back is to get a new owner that isn't a lifelong loser.

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
How would that send a message when the Bills have been putting up with failures for decades? The credibility is gone, the only way to get it back is to get a new owner that isn't a lifelong loser.Yup... Now all we gotta do is to persuade the owner to fire himself...

NEXT?

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Yup... Now all we gotta do is to persuade the owner to fire himself...

NEXT?Point is that the "improvement" that everyone is talking about isn't going to come until Wilson sells or stops breathing. The guy has sucked at life since the merger and there is absolutely no reason to think that that's going to improve anytime soon.

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I can't live life like that... Either you're a fan with hope, or you're not gonna last as a fan. I've lasted as a fan for almost 50 years... You won't last until study hall.

Griff
11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
firing Jauron and hiring a good coach is the only way to breath life back into this team, and the faster the better.

sdbillsfan2
11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I can't live life like that... Either you're a fan with hope, or you're not gonna last as a fan. I've lasted as a fan for almost 50 years... You won't last until study hall.

When The Bills start playing football again , let me know . I too have been a long time fan , but what these guys are doing isn't football!

Fan-
noun <table class="luna-Ent"> <tbody><tr> <td>an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.</td></tr></tbody></table>

malo
11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Get rid of him now sends a message that the Bills don't put up with failures. It also ends any speculation of him having the job next year.
Agreed. The players love Jauron. They need to be sent a message that winning is more important than the feelings of your meek coach.