PDA

View Full Version : player's mentality sucks too!

trapezeus
11-02-2009, 04:07 PM
The mental make up of this team is what has me the most confused. To be honest, how can they all take this? How can they not be at the point of revolting. especially the whitners of the group who have been there since the beginning and watched their values fall around the NFL. Not that whitner is the guy, but a number of players have failed when they might not have on other teams.

Their value got run into the ground to no fault of their own.How can they stand there are watch the most productive years of their careers get wasted on a guy who goes forit on 4th and 23 but can't put his starting offense out there for 4th and short?

Isn't this ripping them up inside? How can so many guys come from elite schools with traditions of winning to only bite their lip now on this team? They've been set up to fail and its their name that gets dragged down when it comes to getting the next contract.

I can't believe the team hasn't jumped ship. And frankly the fact that they don't shows how little they want to win and why if you gutted this team and gave every player a pink slip it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

unpaid_bills
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
The team has no personality, emotion or fire - starts with the owner, FO, Coaching Staff.

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Gotta be the FO and/or coaching staff. Bills of the 90's overcame pussifying, if any, by the owner. So... If Ralph really has that type of influence, it is possible for the FO and/or coaching staff to overcome it.

PS... Dick keeps Nair in his top right desk (or vanity as he likes to call it) drawer!

Griff
11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I think there are a lot of guys we should keep even if we do a massive turn over. Fred, Evans, Josh, Wood, Stroud, Kyle, Poz, Florence, McGee, Scott and Byrd. We need lots of help on the outside, both on the OL and the front 7.

Mudflap1
11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
It's not a bad life. Even the lowest paid of the players on this roster (Corto, Stupar, etc.) are making 10x or more per year than what most of the fans of the Bills make. That's not even counting guys like Kelsay, Owens, Evans, Lynch, McCargo, etc. that are multi-millionaires. These guys don't care. Sure, they'd like to win, but in the meantime they cash fat paychecks and the good players can move on to another team in a couple years. The bad players that are overpaid are riding the gravy train while they can.

I'm sure a lot of us would take the embarrassment and abuse for $1 million a year (or whatever).

It's easy for the players to also pass the buck and say "the offense sucks" if you play defense, or "the defense sucks" if you play offense, or "the coach sucks" or "the general manager sucks" or "we play in a small market and can't compete" or "there are too many injuries". There are so many reasons why this team stinks that each individual player doesn't have to man up. They can cash their nice paychecks and wait until they can leave, or, if they are a crappy player, ride out the checks until they get cut.

Seriously, they aren't lifelong fans of this team. Other than pride and feeling like a doormat to their peers on other teams, I'm sure they are not beating themselves up over this stuff 1/100th of what we the fans are doing on a weekly and now decade-long basis.

BillsPride12
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I would gladly take the days of the "Bickering Bills" over this group any day. Its ironic how Thurman and Kelly and Bruce all used to get into each others face and call each other out and then ended up becoming best friends to this day. Its called accountability, something this current team has none of.

Pinkerton Security
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I mean I guess it would be nice to see someone complain about how bad we're playing other than TO, but how often does that actually happen, on any team?

trapezeus
11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
It's not a bad life. Even the lowest paid of the players on this roster (Corto, Stupar, etc.) are making 10x or more per year than what most of the fans of the Bills make. That's not even counting guys like Kelsay, Owens, Evans, Lynch, McCargo, etc. that are multi-millionaires. These guys don't care. Sure, they'd like to win, but in the meantime they cash fat paychecks and the good players can move on to another team in a couple years. The bad players that are overpaid are riding the gravy train while they can.

I'm sure a lot of us would take the embarrassment and abuse for $1 million a year (or whatever).

It's easy for the players to also pass the buck and say "the offense sucks" if you play defense, or "the defense sucks" if you play offense, or "the coach sucks" or "the general manager sucks" or "we play in a small market and can't compete" or "there are too many injuries". There are so many reasons why this team stinks that each individual player doesn't have to man up. They can cash their nice paychecks and wait until they can leave, or, if they are a crappy player, ride out the checks until they get cut.

Seriously, they aren't lifelong fans of this team. Other than pride and feeling like a doormat to their peers on other teams, I'm sure they are not beating themselves up over this stuff 1/100th of what we the fans are doing on a weekly and now decade-long basis.

I'm not asking for them to be fans of the team. i am asking for them to want to maximize their value. They know they have a short shelf life. You'd think they'd protest pathetic coaching because they are being put out in harm's way for no reason whatsoever.

And people who stay here get ripped for not being good enough when it may be a function of them being put in terrible spots.

IF i made a few million and only could do that for a couple years, i would be very vocal if people are cutting my future paychecks.

And i'm sure we'd sit back and relax, but these guys have been formatted to be competitors. at every level growing up they were the best and could change the outcomes from their talent. then they go to prestigious colleges where winning is expected, then they come here thinking they can change things and then they just accept mediocrity. that makes no sense to me. years of being a winner shouldn't be erased like this.

malo
11-02-2009, 08:27 PM
All the players love Jauron. He's a pussy.

DynaPaul
11-03-2009, 07:25 AM
There's no incentive to perform or fear for failure. These guys show up and collect a check and Jauron pats them on the back telling them it's alright because they tried their best and then goes to the press conference and takes the blame. Who wouldn't love a coach like that while living on Easy St?

unpaid_bills
11-03-2009, 02:32 PM
All the players love Jauron. He's a pussy.

well that says alot why they love him at least. I would love a boss also who doesnt yell, over react, put you on the spot, hold you accountable for anything you do, etc.

It is a culture of losing and acceptance of just being competitive (avg) at best.

jamze132
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
These guys are getting overpaid, why the **** would they care about winning?

If they were on any other team, they wouldn't have as much money in the bank as they currently do...

trapezeus
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
jamze132, that's true for like 90% of this roster...they are overpaid and not starter material. but for the other 10% like a stroud, evans, TO, Lynch, Jackson, Poz, they have a good amount of football in them (TO being the exception), they could be on a winner and could get endorsement deals. but the truth is their stats will suck and when it comes to hit free agency, they'll be worth much less.

i think they should demand more from their coaching staff. they are ultimately being the ones that pay for this ineptness.

jamze132
11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Ko Simpson said it best this past offseason...