PDA

View Full Version : What realistic options do we have at drafting a QB?

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Ok, so forget Tebow and possibly even Bradford.

If we were to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, what QBs would we have to choose from realistically. Assume we finish 7-9 again. List the QB and why they would be a good fit. I am going to start focusing on the qbs on Saturdays when watching college football to try to make a list and I would like some ideas of who to watch. This is really my first year really getting into college football.

BillsWin
11-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Bradford will probably drop to around 7-9 due to the surgery and rising stock of other QBs like Pike and Clausen. I think its all a moot point until the combine though. QBs are made or broken by the combine now a days.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I understand, I just figured we could make a list of guys worth looking at who are actually realistic options for this team knowing where we will draft and assuming we dont trade up into the top 1-10, which we dont do. I wanna watch a few this weekend if I can.

DrGraves
11-02-2009, 07:23 PM
i want tebow. i don't care if he doesn't fit the nfl qb mold. he is a winner. we need a winner.

T-Long
11-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I too want Tebow. For some reason, I feel like he will be a star in the NFL. He would change our offense completely, but I think he is going to work out and be a leader for a team in the NFL.

As for QB options, I would say realistically if the Bills finish in the middle of the pack, I could see McCoy & Pike being realistic options. If that's the case, then I'm taking Pike.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I already saw Tebow and Bradford is not playing...so I will have to watch more of McCoy and Pike...I have heard of both.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm thinking we've got a legitimate shot at Bradford, although Clausen would be ideal, McCoy should also be around as well.

Raptor
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Assuming we are some where around 10 give or take a few picks

Clausen-No shot he's clearly the best QB in this draft and will go top 3 and push for #1

Bradford-Decent shot with the injury concerns

Locker-Good shot if he declares will be surprised if he does

Pike-Good shot now but I could see him rising

McCoy-Great shot, he'l still be on the board at the end of the first possibly early second

TeBow-He's not an NFL QB and this franchise couldnt make a bigger mistake by drafting him as our future QB.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
So what is everyones opinion of Bradford (post injury), Locker, Pike, and McCoy?

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 09:03 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/855299.html

FRANCHISE STARS

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (Jr.)
2. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss (Jr.)
3. Tim Tebow, Florida
4. Colt McCoy, Texas

LIKELY STARTERS

5. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (Jr.)
6. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan
7. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
8. Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

Raptor
11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/855299.html

FRANCHISE STARS

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (Jr.)
2. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss (Jr.)
3. Tim Tebow, Florida
4. Colt McCoy, Texas

LIKELY STARTERS

5. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (Jr.)
6. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan
7. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
8. Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

lololol I dont think I have ever seen a worst ranking of QB's. Tebow as a QB has like a 7th round grade and there has been no bigger let down than Snead this year

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 09:12 PM
i just found that so thought I would paste it...as I said, I just really started paying close attention to college football this season. I have watched in the past but not very closely. Trying to familiarize myself with some of the QBs I should watch. I know Tebow and Bradford...the rest I don't think I have seen.

Raptor
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
i just found that so thought I would paste it...as I said, I just really started paying close attention to college football this season. I have watched in the past but not very closely. Trying to familiarize myself with some of the QBs I should watch. I know Tebow and Bradford...the rest I don't think I have seen.

Dont get me wrong I wasnt laughing at you I was laughing at the article

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Dont get me wrong I wasnt laughing at you I was laughing at the article

I know...I feel like an idiot but I really dont know much about college qbs besides Tebow...I never really watched college football regularly till this season and its entertaining. I think we need a leader at the QB position and someone with FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE, not book smarts, and someone who can make all the throws in Buffalo weather.

BillsWin
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
:lolpoint: Tebow as a franchise star.

He is not a franchise QB.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
So I guess I should watch more of Clausen, McCoy, and Pike I guess. Maybe I can find some clips of Bradford. I really want a guy who is a leader and has football smarts....Trent seems too smart for his own good sometimes and would rather sit alone than talk to his teammates.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPkDsOlGzU

more cowbell
11-02-2009, 11:49 PM
1. Clausen - compares to Carson Palmer (Tremendous deep ball accuracy), team leader, experienced as a starter in a pro style offense

2. Bradford - compares to Matt Stafford (Great arm strength, fairly mobile), concerns about his injury of course, could have been picked over stafford last season had he entered the draft.

3. McCoy - Compares to Jeff Garcia (although not as mobile) he can make plays out of the pocket, he doesnt have great arm strength which might make him drop in the late 1st round, but he knows his system and he is a very smart kid and player and knows how to win.

4. Pike - Not really sure who to compare him to. QB's who lit it up in the Big East rarely succeed in the NFL (See Brian Brohm, Packers). He has a lot of talent, seems to be a good leader, and has a pretty strong arm. He also might have the best reciever in the country to throw to.

5. Tebow - He isn't the prototypical NFL QB. The only throws he seems to make are fly patterns to extremely fast or big recievers. He doesn't really stand in the pocket, has HORRENDOUS footwork, terrible arm strength in terms of the deep out pattern which is what NFL scouts REALLY look at. But you cannot deny the fact that the guy is as good of a leader as there ever has been, and he is a winner plain and simple.

6. Locker - See JaMarcus Russell. Good speed, HUGE arm and good mobility. He is a boom or bust type of player.

7. Zac Robinson - This is a kid who I would love to see the Bills take (not in the 1st round). He has a good arm, really understands the system and gets the ball to his playmakers. Has GREAT stats in college, and is pretty mobile. Havent seen much of him but when I have, i've been extremely impressed.

8. Jarrett Brown - Another boom or bust type player. A freakish athlete especially for a QB. Pat White's understudy for 4 years at WVU. Unheard of speed for a guy his size as a QB, rocket for an arm, but has trouble passing out of the pocket especially with his accuracy. A play is NEVER dead when he is the QB

DMBcrew36
11-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Anyone who wants to pin their hopes on Bradford is insane, in my eyes. I will explode if the Bills draft him. The guy isn't even durable enough for college football, so what's he going to do in the NFL? He's going to live on the IR. A QB made of glass will not survive to take this team anywhere, especially with our significant O-line concerns.

BillsWin
11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPkDsOlGzU

pure poetry. Did you see that one pump fake early in the clip? gorgeous.

Bmax
11-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Pike is not a first round pick 2nd or 3rd in my opinon....I would not touch this kid... Weak arm very injury prone not tough....has not played enough in college ...Buyer beware...

I saw him play one game and that was enough for me he does not have the arm strength to play at a high level in the NFL....

Bmax

Bmax
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
1. Clausen - compares to Carson Palmer (Tremendous deep ball accuracy), team leader, experienced as a starter in a pro style offense

2. Bradford - compares to Matt Stafford (Great arm strength, fairly mobile), concerns about his injury of course, could have been picked over stafford last season had he entered the draft.

3. McCoy - Compares to Jeff Garcia (although not as mobile) he can make plays out of the pocket, he doesnt have great arm strength which might make him drop in the late 1st round, but he knows his system and he is a very smart kid and player and knows how to win.

4. Pike - Not really sure who to compare him to. QB's who lit it up in the Big East rarely succeed in the NFL (See Brian Brohm, Packers). He has a lot of talent, seems to be a good leader, and has a pretty strong arm. He also might have the best reciever in the country to throw to.

5. Tebow - He isn't the prototypical NFL QB. The only throws he seems to make are fly patterns to extremely fast or big recievers. He doesn't really stand in the pocket, has HORRENDOUS footwork, terrible arm strength in terms of the deep out pattern which is what NFL scouts REALLY look at. But you cannot deny the fact that the guy is as good of a leader as there ever has been, and he is a winner plain and simple.

6. Locker - See JaMarcus Russell. Good speed, HUGE arm and good mobility. He is a boom or bust type of player.

7. Zac Robinson - This is a kid who I would love to see the Bills take (not in the 1st round). He has a good arm, really understands the system and gets the ball to his playmakers. Has GREAT stats in college, and is pretty mobile. Havent seen much of him but when I have, i've been extremely impressed.

8. Jarrett Brown - Another boom or bust type player. A freakish athlete especially for a QB. Pat White's understudy for 4 years at WVU. Unheard of speed for a guy his size as a QB, rocket for an arm, but has trouble passing out of the pocket especially with his accuracy. A play is NEVER dead when he is the QB

Pike does not have a strong arm.. what games have you been watching....

This kid is weak...Injury prone...

xXSpIkes5IXx
11-03-2009, 12:32 AM
It doesn't matter what QB we draft...

They are going to get murdered if we don't fix our line

more cowbell
11-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Pike does not have a strong arm.. what games have you been watching....

This kid is weak...Injury prone...

i haven't seen that much of him. He looks like he has a decent arm...not great...but definetaly better than Tebows. From what ive seen he reminds me exactly of brian brohm when he was at louisville....which doesnt mean good things at all. And yes, he is very injury prone. Trent Edwards injury prone....

zone
11-03-2009, 06:37 AM
No thanks on McCoy.

Raptor
11-03-2009, 07:28 AM
The Bradford Stafford comparison is WAY off Bradford doesnt have anywhere near the arm strength Stafford has and Stafford doesnt have the accuracy Bradford has. Bradford is like a D.Brees

Typ0
11-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Forget it. We need to get a more mature QB to pilot our team next year. All this draft a QB talk is kind of rediculous IMO. Are you prepared for another three years of figuring out someone is a bust? That's what very well could happen.

DraftBoy
11-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow....

TheBrownBear
11-03-2009, 08:49 AM
No on Clausen - product of system (See Brady Quinn - who was far superior to Clausen, btw); not real athletic; and ok, I admit I've become irrationally fearful about CA QBs - so that's another knock on him

No on Tebow - not an NFL QB (See Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier)

No on Snead - he's got the tools but he just seems like a loser to me; reminds me too much of the QBs that have come through Buffalo of late

Lukewarm on McCoy - He's got some tools, but I feel like he should be putting up better numbers given the strength of his team. I feel like he gets more credit than he deserves just because he's on a top-3 team. And I've never really been impressed watching him.

Bradford - yes, but injury issues knock him down from top-5/10 draft pick-worthy in my eyes. If he can stay healthy, I think he'll be at least an above average NFL starter.

Pike - maybe; He puts up huge numbers and the ball seems to get where it needs to be on most of the throws, but I wonder if his arm strength is good enough to get it done at an elite level in the NFL; could be another Pennington; good game manager who could thrive in the right situation

Locker - yes; I love this guy; big-time arm; insane athleticism; big-time performer on a bad college team; if he decides on the NFL over MLB, he will make some team very happy; not a finished product - so if we draft this guy we better have a quality staff in place to help this guy improve the areas he needs to work on.

Haven't seen the small school guys like LeFevour or Devlin.

The Juice Is Loose
11-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm thinking we've got a legitimate shot at Bradford, although Clausen would be ideal, McCoy should also be around as well.

yeah let's draft a qb with a bad throwing arm

is that you modrak??

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 09:16 AM
yeah let's draft a qb with a bad throwing arm

is that you modrak??

Last I checked, a QB in the WCO needs to be accurate and mobile above all things, plus, McCoy's arm strength is slightly above average, it's not like he throws like a little girl. He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd consider him in the early 2nd late 1st, even though I'm thinking he could get drafted even higher.

Jaybird
11-03-2009, 09:24 AM

Did you make this up??? have you ever seen any of these guys play???

1-accurate
2-arm is not in the same league stafford
3-he is much more mobile then garcia
4-He does not have good arm strength
5-not an nfl QB
6-jemarcus russell might be slower then drew bledsoe
7-maybe, but not sold
8-locker is just as good as an athlete, not as fast however

SABURZFAN
11-03-2009, 09:44 AM
i don't know where he stands according to the draft experts but Daryll Clark from Penn St has had a decent season. he looked awful against Iowa and so-so against Michigan. it'll be interesting to see how fares against Ohio St. i don't know too much about him but he appears to have a decent arm. he may be worth a shot in the latter part of the draft.

Jaybird
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Clark is not an nfl Qb, i think he'll end up a rb like robertson who was the QB before him, and is a rb on the 49ers

SABURZFAN
11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Clark is not an nfl Qb

which makes it a realistic option. we don't seem to have one on the Bills roster right now.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
:lolpoint: Tebow as a franchise star.

He is not a franchise QB.
That's yet to be determined.

Some probably said the same thing about Montana, Brady, Romo, McNabb, etc...

We'll never know unless he's given the chance. I'll tell you one thing though, I'd rather the Bills draft Tebow over Bradford.

Demon
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
lololol I dont think I have ever seen a worst ranking of QB's. Tebow as a QB has like a 7th round grade and there has been no bigger let down than Snead this year
Yeah, but i could see Bradford being a star. Everyone said Adrian Peterson would be a bust coming out because of all the injuries he had in high school and college and said he can run with the best o-line in college... well, he's doing pretty good in the pros too. Staying healthy will be a big task and a team willing to take the risk, might get a massive reward. I think our time has passed on risk though, they need to hit the jack pot with their next QB.

I still like McCoy. Very smart, mobile QB, amazing accuracy. He can throw it deep in the nice days at the Ralph and he can change his games to a Chad Pennington type style in cold games. I really think McCoy could be a stud for years and years.

The other thing i love about McCoy is, he pumps up his team kinda like Drew Brees. I don't know if thats a Texas thing or not, but if you ever see McCoy before games, he goes crazy. @ Missouri, he ran to all of his players in warm ups, yelling at them to get ready and that "this is going to be our house". He shows emotion unlike Trent Edwards.

billsburgh
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Pat Devlin from Delaware. the next Joe Flacco

jamze132
11-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Just to squash the Tebow to Buffalo hope...

I'm a Gator fan, I love Tebow, but he is by no means anywhere ready to take the helm of an NFL team. The guy is a beast when running with the ball, but let's be honest, his career in the NFL would be extremely shortlived if he plays the same way he plays now.

And another thing about him, who's to say that after you invest millions and millions in him, he doesn't have a dream one night to ditch the NFL and go to a 3rd world country on a "mission from God"?

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Just to squash the Tebow to Buffalo hope...

I'm a Gator fan, I love Tebow, but he is by no means anywhere ready to take the helm of an NFL team. The guy is a beast when running with the ball, but let's be honest, his career in the NFL would be extremely shortlived if he plays the same way he plays now.

And another thing about him, who's to say that after you invest millions and millions in him, he doesn't have a dream one night to ditch the NFL and go to a 3rd world country on a "mission from God"?

True dat, Tebow needs to go to a team that can afford to let him learn for a couple years.

Typ0
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
True dat, Tebow needs to go to a team that can afford to let him learn for a couple years.

That would make sense here then...because we need a guy that can play and a guy that can learn.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
In response to the original question, my opinion is:

In round 1- I think we could have a shot at 2 of the following: Bradford, Clausen, or Locker. I think all 3 will go round 1.

In round 2- I think we could have a shot at 3 of the following: Hiller, LeFevour, Pike, McCoy. I think one of them sneaks into late round 1.

Ingtar33
11-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Tim Hiller, depending on how he works out will probably go in round 1-3... if he gives a good workout look for him in the middle of round 1... maybe as high as pick 9. The kid looks almost as good as Ben Roethlisberger did, not as mobile but far better pocket awareness and probably a higher football IQ from what i've seen (admittedly it's a limited sample). He looks like he might be one of the best of this QB class.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Tim Hiller, depending on how he works out will probably go in round 1-3... if he gives a good workout look for him in the middle of round 1... maybe as high as pick 9. The kid looks almost as good as Ben Roethlisberger did, not as mobile but far better pocket awareness and probably a higher football IQ from what i've seen (admittedly it's a limited sample). He looks like he might be one of the best of this QB class.

At this point, I couldn't give him that high of a grade due to the reasons I stated. But its early still.

gonzo1105
11-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I defintely have Jimmy Clausen at the top of my list...Yes i'm weary of Cali QB's too but he plays at ND which is in the North and seems to have great success. He would be # 1 and in my opinion is nothing like Brady Quinn

1. Clausen
2. Bradford
3. Hiller
4. Locker
5. McCoy in that order is my top 5 ...to be honest with you I think Clausen is the only one who turns out to be a pro bowl type QB

YoungEz
11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Um how has no one mentioned Mallet the best QB choice...

6'7 250 rocket arm outperformed Henne when Henne was a Senior at Michigan and Mallet was a true Freshman...

You guys are always obsessed with arm strength, that is all you talk about surprised you aren't drooling over Mallet

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 08:49 PM

6'7 250 rocket arm outperformed Henne when Henne was a Senior at Michigan and Mallet was a true Freshman...

You guys are always obsessed with arm strength, that is all you talk about surprised you aren't drooling over Mallet

Will be in line for HEISMAN next year..

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
WOW Im reading all this at its very interesting to hear.....

1. Locker--- I think this guy has all the tools to be a great QB.
2. Clausen--- he has made him some $$ in the last few weeks, will be a top 10 player drafted now.
3. Bradford---Has fallen a bit and may fall more after his Scout workouts you may see SAM fall into the 2nd round....
4. TEBOW---You can say what you want about this guy but he wins, learns, and players follow a guy like this....He may define a new offense in the NFL if a team allows his style, how many teams ri=un the wild cat with a QB????? He will sell **** LOADS of merchandise.....if Gruden is the new coach in WASH look at TEBOW being drafted there or JAX...
5. McCOY--abilty decent arm and a winner...

Raptor
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM

Slim at best chance he comes out

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Slim at best chance he comes out

I agree no way he comes out..
If he stays a year or 2 more possibly top 5 pick in the draft...
We will see how he develops next year as well....
Great potential though and the best ARM in the SEC no doubt...

YoungEz
11-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I agree no way he comes out..
If he stays a year or 2 more possibly top 5 pick in the draft...
We will see how he develops next year as well....
Great potential though and the best ARM in the SEC no doubt...

I doubt he comes out either but you never know one can hope...

I would just draft all o-line this year maybe TE too. Keep DJ around another year go 0-16 since we are only getting worse and than draft Mallet the next year.

The bills are always rebuilding might as well take 2 more years

DMBcrew36
11-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Why don't we just throw out every single QB name in college. How about Christian Ponder? Blah blah blah blah

k-oneputt
11-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Why don't we just throw out every single QB name in college. How about Christian Ponder? Blah blah blah blah

Ok, lets do that.
Since I also like Mallet alot here are my top qbs currently in college I would like for the Bills;

1. Barkley
2. Locker
3. Mallet
4. Clausen.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Ok, lets do that.
Since I also like Mallet alot here are my top qbs currently in college I would like for the Bills;

1. Barkley
2. Locker
3. Mallet
4. Clausen.

NO way, dude.. Barkley and Mallet are not ready, yet.

1.) Clausen
2.) McCoy
3.) Bradford
4.) Locker
5.) Pike

That's just how I'd rank them, I know many people here are not too high on McCoy, which is fine, but I like the guy as the 2nd best QB in the 2010 draft.

k-oneputt
11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I didn't say they would be starting from day one. Sit them and coach them up the first year and go with Edwards again, then play them. The bills can do that since they are not winning next year either. This team is at least two years away.

Griff
11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
why draft when most of the fans will hate him when he doesn't play like Matt Ryan on day 1? Get a vet.

k-oneputt
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
That's how you get the good qb's, you have to draft them. Franchise qb's aren't on the free agent lists. We have our vet qb, Edwards. Draft your franchise qb and go with Edwards another year.

Jan Reimers
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Anyone who wants to pin their hopes on Bradford is insane, in my eyes. I will explode if the Bills draft him. The guy isn't even durable enough for college football, so what's he going to do in the NFL? He's going to live on the IR. A QB made of glass will not survive to take this team anywhere, especially with our significant O-line concerns.
I agree. And you could be describing Trent Edwards, as well.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
That would make sense here then...because we need a guy that can play and a guy that can learn.

His mechanics really scare the **** out of me, his ability and leadership is without question, though.

YoungEz
11-04-2009, 02:31 PM
NO way, dude.. Barkley and Mallet are not ready, yet.

1.) Clausen
2.) McCoy
3.) Bradford
4.) Locker
5.) Pike

That's just how I'd rank them, I know many people here are not too high on McCoy, which is fine, but I like the guy as the 2nd best QB in the 2010 draft.

To say Mallet isn't ready and than rank Clausen at one is a joke. Mallet may not be fully ready but people forget he started as a true freshman at Michigan before transfering. Could he use one more year, yes but i would rather take him than a guy that just does not have "it".

Mallet has a lot better chance of being a starting QB in this league, remember Clausen as a freshman at ND? That would be him as a bill all over again, very very ugly.

The only guy that could start for the bills day one is Tebow and have a chance. No other college QB coming out (other than maybe mallet 6'7 250) could play on the bills behind this line with this system and have any success at all. Tebow would try and will his way forward and be the only one that could consistently take hits like our QB's do.

We first have to change the coaching, system, line to really even talk about drafting anyone else and Yes Tebow I agree is definitely not a typical NFL QB my argument is he is only QB i have seen who could possibly be on this team now and have any success.

Therefore all we are doing is talking about atleast a 1 yr project QB and not a day one starter most likely

Bradford is a system QB that is hurt definitely not the pick. Oklahoma is a system that continually puts up big #'s at the QB position.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Lefevour should not even be in the discussion. He plays in a spread offense in a conference that is just god awful at defense. Tebow, will not be a franchise QB in the NFL. Its just that simple. I agree hes a winner and i love his passion, however most of skills will not translate to the NFL. Bradford is decent, but also the product of being on a team that is an offensive powerhouse. Jake Locker has impressed me the most the last two years as well as Pike.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Lefevour should not even be in the discussion. He plays in a spread offense in a conference that is just god awful at defense. Tebow, will not be a franchise QB in the NFL. Its just that simple. I agree hes a winner and i love his passion, however most of skills will not translate to the NFL. Bradford is decent, but also the product of being on a team that is an offensive powerhouse. Jake Locker has impressed me the most the last two years as well as Pike.

What worries me about Bradford is that he is surrounded with 1st and 2nd round players ALL over, yet Florida still pwns Oklahoma. I'm not the biggest college expert here, but hasn't Bradford only won Oklahoma one big bowl game? Correct me if I'm wrong.. When you got Trent Williams, Duke Robinson, Phil Loadholt, Juaqin Iglesias, Malcolm Kelly and Jermaine Gresham, you should never lose a game.. That's not even counting the caliber of players Oklahoma had on defense as well, that's what scares the crap out of me about Bradford. Look at allllll that talent surrounding him, very hard to gauge how good he actually is.

Ingtar33
11-04-2009, 08:13 PM
What worries me about Bradford is that he is surrounded with 1st and 2nd round players ALL over, yet Florida still pwns Oklahoma. I'm not the biggest college expert here, but hasn't Bradford only won Oklahoma one big bowl game? Correct me if I'm wrong.. When you got Trent Williams, Duke Robinson, Phil Loadholt, Juaqin Iglesias, Malcolm Kelly and Jermaine Gresham, you should never lose a game.. That's not even counting the caliber of players Oklahoma had on defense as well, that's what scares the crap out of me about Bradford. Look at allllll that talent surrounding him, very hard to gauge how good he actually is.

almost word for word my problem with bradford.

I think i soured on him big time last season when OK lost to Tex in the annual "red river rivalry" game. Texas had no business winning that football game. They were inferior to OK at pretty much every position on the football field. Bradford had a good game, but threw 2 ints that killed OK, and lost them the game (yes i know he had a wonderful day statistically, but those two ints killed OK)

Then he threw a stinker in the national title game...

Really that Oklahoma team had no business losing any games last year. so we're forced to ask... is he a solid college QB on a fantastic football team, or a good pro prospect on a good football team.

I like a lot of what i see from him when he throws the ball. but he's not accurate enough for the pros yet. Not in my mind he isn't.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Actually that National Championship game could have went Oklahoma's way with a score on that fourth down play. The play calling got worse as the game went on and they got away from the run which was working at first. Plus, Oklahoma's defense was not that good last season. They definitely are this year, but last year they left something to be desired. In the National Championship game he completed over 60% of his passes and tossed a few touchdowns.

I still think Bradford is a great prospect for a team like the Bills who have weapons like Lynch, Jackson and Evans. Not to mention Nelson, Reed and all our other wide receivers.

Give the kid a left tackle and watch him torch defenses.

Buffalo would fall in love with the kid from day one, and it is my opinion he could potentially bring them to the playoffs as a rookie, if given an offensive line and run game to help him develop.

Demon
11-04-2009, 08:45 PM

Iglesias.... Kelly... are considered boat loads of talent? He rarely has a big time WR to throw to and i wouldn't consider Kelly one. He was also hurt often and he was drafted 2 years ago and did not play against Florida. Iglesias was a nice college player but slipped to the 3rd round and despite many predicting he'd be a fantasy rookie stud, he's been a nobody. He had a very poor camp in Chicago.

I think it's fair to say both are products of Bradford, not the other way around.

As for their line goes, didn't everyone say the same thing about Adrian Peterson coming out? How in the world would he run without 5 all-american lineman? It's worked out pretty well for Minny thus far....

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Iglesias.... Kelly... are considered boat loads of talent? He rarely has a big time WR to throw to and i wouldn't consider Kelly one. He was also hurt often and he was drafted 2 years ago and did not play against Florida. Iglesias was a nice college player but slipped to the 3rd round and despite many predicting he'd be a fantasy rookie stud, he's been a nobody. He had a very poor camp in Chicago.

I think it's fair to say both are products of Bradford, not the other way around.

As for their line goes, didn't everyone say the same thing about Adrian Peterson coming out? How in the world would he run without 5 all-american lineman? It's worked out pretty well for Minny thus far....

hit the nail on the head. He's never really had star wide receivers. He makes plays. However Gresham is crazy good.

gonzo1105
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM

You know he's not that bad. He is actually thinking about going into the Draft as I am an FSU fan. He is the 1st legit QB to play at FSU since the beginning of this decade and he has been accurate and on the money all year long. He doesn't have the great arm strength and he is a gritty QB. He wouldn't be too far down my list in QB's who entered into this year's draft. FSU's defense has been god awful and if his team was ranked inside the top 10 would be a legit Maxwell and Heisman trophy candidate...just look at the stats.

Demon
11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
You know he's not that bad. He is actually thinking about going into the Draft as I am an FSU fan. He is the 1st legit QB to play at FSU since the beginning of this decade and he has been accurate and on the money all year long. He doesn't have the great arm strength and he is a gritty QB. He wouldn't be too far down my list in QB's who entered into this year's draft. FSU's defense has been god awful and if his team was ranked inside the top 10 would be a legit Maxwell and Heisman trophy candidate...just look at the stats.

My apologies to DMB, for not seeing his post until gonzo just quoted it. But, i love Ponder. I think he's going to be a great NFL QB. I thought i heard earlier in the year that he'd stay another year. If he was coming out for sure, i'd be torn not to select him.

Ponder reminds me of Steve Young.