PDA

View Full Version : I really hope Hardy does well and fast.

BillsWin
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I think he will start seeing playtime against Tennessee and although he is still a rookie when it comes to experience, I really hope the guy comes along nicely for us. He is our future WR opposite Evans and it would be nice to have some good wide receiver options for our young rookie QB next season. :nod:

realdealryan
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I just don't see this guy getting even 10 receptions this year. We don't throw the ball well enough.

Scumbag College
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
TO and Evans can only eek out a few catches a game, so I don't expect Hardy to jump into the lineup and produce. A lousy OL and bad QBs with horrible coaching won't make Hardy coming off of PUP light up the league.

The real test for Hardy will be 2010 after a full offseason healthy and a whole training camp under his belt. It's another lost year for a young, high draft pick for the Buffalo Bills.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I just don't see this guy getting even 10 receptions this year. We don't throw the ball well enough.

I don't see him getting 10 receptions for a different reason.

Doesn't use his size, has poor hands and runs poor routes.

Unless he's corrected that since we last saw him play, which is tough when he was hurt.

Oaf
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Hardy will end up being indifferent between getting no game reps or catches for that matter and still being on IR.

realdealryan
11-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't see him getting 10 receptions for a different reason.

Doesn't use his size, has poor hands and runs poor routes.

Unless he's corrected that since we last saw him play, which is tough when he was hurt.

I agree. I should have elaborated. We don't throw the ball well enough to make him look good, kind of like the way that Sam Aiken looked like a stud one week this year.

DMBcrew36
11-02-2009, 11:56 PM
When would Hardy even play? There's no way he'll replace Evans and Owens, and Reed is by far our best slot receiver. After that, Steve Johnson is still much better than Hardy. And we rarely go 4-wide anyway because we need the extra blocker to help our rag-tag O-line. The only time Hardy should even be considered to see the field is when we're in the red zone, trying for a fade to the back of the end-zone. Even then, the guy is a raw unknown.

Demon
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Sadly, i agree. We barley get the ball to Evans and Owens. I am not sure Hardy will get much either. The problem is, he's a big WR. Edwards will need to throw it in his general direction and allow Hardy to use his speed, size and jumping ability to go up and make the play. Problem with that is, Edwards will always see Hardy as "covered" and look somewhere else.

bigbub2352
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Our sad offense needs more than just another WR unfortunalty
Now when Hardy is activated that makes 9 WRs on the roster and PS dont u think we have some depth issues at other positions that need to be addressed ?
Oline?
Dline?
LBer?
TE?
FB?

jamze132
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
At this point, I would not count on Hardy to be a productive member of the Bills. If he turns out to be, then great. But don't put your eggs in one basket.

realdealryan
11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I just rewatched the 07 Purdue @ IU game - effortless for him to get the ball, in a terrible offense no less. If this never translates to the NFL, then I'll have to expand the list add another kick to the crotch for WR coaching and scouts.