PDA

View Full Version : With the 10th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

T-Long
11-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Name your player. As of today, we pick 10th.

I'll go first.

NT Terrence Cody Alabama

And yes, we are switching to a 3-4 defense.

BillsWin
11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma.

I believe he drops and there is no way you can pass on him at ten.

Luisito23
11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
A future bust...Book it.

Raptor
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
At 10 LT A.Davis from Rutgers is who I would want(Assuming Clausen is gone which he will be)

Mr. Pink
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
QB Jevan Snead Ole Miss

Pinkerton Security
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
QB Jevan Snead Ole Miss

id much rather have Bradford, McCoy, Locker than Snead, but I guess at this point i feel like beggars cant be choosers lol

BuffaloBlitz83
11-02-2009, 09:56 PM
QB Jevan Snead Ole Miss

Isn't his stock at an all time low. At this pace I doubt he goes in first round. Possibly not even in 2nd.

DraftBoy
11-02-2009, 09:58 PM
DT Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma

Raptor
11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
DT Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma

No way he makes it to 10

Mr. Pink
My reasoning for Snead....

1. We always seem to take the wrong guy
2. His stock will rise after looking great in the combine
3. We'll take him because we're enamored with talent even if it doesn't translate to success.

Raptor
QB Jevan Snead Ole Miss

Maybe the 10th pick in the third

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
1oth pick?
Man we even suck at sucking.

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Name a DB. For everyone calling for a QB you realize that that would require Wilson to pay a pretty hefty amount of cash right?

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 10:23 PM

I'll go first.

NT Terrence Cody Alabama

And yes, we are switching to a 3-4 defense.If you're going to switch to the 3-4 you're going to have to spend some serious cash in FA to get the right personnel in there because there are only about four players on the team right now that would fit the scheme without any issues.

DraftBoy
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
No way he makes it to 10

I wouldn't be so fast to say that.

Bryant, Berry, Mays, and Okung are basically all guaranteed top 10 picks. Add in some juniors like Claussen, Bulaga and you're at 6. DT's never go all that high and Id take either McCoy or Suh at 10. I expect one of them to drop to that point at least as of now.

Raptor
11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't be so fast to say that.

Bryant, Berry, Mays, and Okung are basically all guaranteed top 10 picks. Add in some juniors like Claussen, Bulaga and you're at 6. DT's never go all that high and Id take either McCoy or Suh at 10. I expect one of them to drop to that point at least as of now.

I look at it like this there are pretty much the top 5 in this draft based on just pure talent

Suh, Okung, Clausen, Berry and McCoy

Mays will drop before the draft once teams put the tape on and realize he has zero ball skills and is a better fit at WLB

Bryant likely still top 10 but now has a red flag and the missed time will hurt

Bulaga I see as a mid to late first so I really dont think he is in the top 10 convo.

McCoy will some where along the line during the pre draft process will be labeled one of the safer picks in the draft add that to his playing resume and I dont think he gets out of the top 5 let alone down to #10. As for Suh I really dont see how he gets past 3 and I think he has a legit shot at #1

clumping platelets
11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
DT Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma

:cheers:

Need to stop the run.....McCargo's gone after the season and Stroud isn't gettin' any younger

Night Train
11-03-2009, 05:13 AM
If we pick one of those big name QB's at 10, I'll know the Bills will still suck for another 5 years. None of them look like franchise QB's.

Lineman, Offense or Defense. About time we started to build and win like other teams do.

Pick Pitt QB Bill Stull in Round 2 or 3.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

clumping platelets
11-03-2009, 05:50 AM
QB Tim Hiller in rd 2 :nod:

yordad
11-03-2009, 06:06 AM
I've had my sights set on Bradford, but it is still a ways away.

Mski
11-03-2009, 06:45 AM
forgive me for not knowing his name... but knowing our past draft trends... we'll take the CB from Tenn... that they're trying to generate hiesman hype around

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Isn't his stock at an all time low. At this pace I doubt he goes in first round. Possibly not even in 2nd.

correct

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma is my pick.
Would LUV to see him next to STROUD...

Aero II
11-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Feed the lines.
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St

Griz78
11-03-2009, 07:48 AM
I like the 3-4 move because we need to get Maybin in at OLB. Who would be our DEs?

jpdex12
11-03-2009, 07:54 AM

I'll go first.

NT Terrence Cody Alabama

And yes, we are switching to a 3-4 defense.

You know we'll end up scrapping out a few more lousy wins and drop down to 13th - 16th due to the number of mediocre teams this year?

Other than Bradford I don't care much for many other QB's in this coming draft. They worry me. I've heard people clamoring for Locker and others but there are no real studs in the coming draft like in years past. Besides Bradford is a crap shoot with his injury. ESPN Rumors said that Washington has the inside track on him anyway as they will draft higher than us and the Redskins team doctor is James Andrews so they will have inside details on the status of Bradford.

Clausen and Keenum are the only two that get me thinking and even though Clausen has decent stats he doesn't have that "it" factor or long track record like Rivers, Manning, Ryan, etc. did coming out of college. Keenum has put up ungodly numbers but runs out of the gun a lot.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
As of right now I would say it's Gerald McCoy. I want Okung but he will be far off the board by then. Take Jason Fox in the second and then Zac Robinson in the 3rd.

jpdex12
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
free agency sucks for QB's next year unless something big happens that we don't expect. I would play it safe and build our O or D lines up. We could have the best QB in the world but without a good line and good coaches he won't be didly!

Lone Stranger
11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
It doesn't make much difference; the Bills will screw it up anyway.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
A future bust...Book it.

but... but.... but he'll have potential.

Raptor
11-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Feed the lines.
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St

No chance

SABURZFAN
11-03-2009, 08:39 AM
McCoy- DT or Bulaga- T

Saratoga Slim
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
While I like the idea of drafting Terrence Cody or G. McCoy and thereby quickly upgrading to a top-5 defensive line, I want the first pick spent on offense. Either LT or QB, preferably QB. I can't take another season of scoring one touchdown a week.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Russell Okung....then we also sign Marcus McNeil in the offseason. :)

The Jokeman
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I like the 3-4 move because we need to get Maybin in at OLB. Who would be our DEs?
Ryan Denney could probably fit in well as a 3-4 DE, as in is solid against the run but not a great pass rusher. Though asking Maybin to be an OLB is asking a lot look at Green Bay and where former Pro Bowler DE Aaron Kampman has struggled at OLB.

gonzo1105
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
I know this probably wouldn't be a popular pick with the group of guys when we need an OT and a QB and we will have around a top 10 pick if not inside it. If we are outside the top 10 like usual at 11 or so I would absolutely love picking up Roland McClain from Alabama. He is the best defensive player on the the best defense in college football. He is a true leader and a guy who truly cares about the game of Football. You can see it week in and week out that the guy comes to play and he has amazing size as he is almost 260 pounds and will probably run a 4.6 or 4.7 this April which for me would seal the deal on this guy.

My picks in order would be
McClain
Clausen
Okung
Davis
Baluga whichever one of those 3 OT's is still available

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
My reasoning for Snead....

1. We always seem to take the wrong guy
2. His stock will rise after looking great in the combine
3. We'll take him because we're enamored with talent even if it doesn't translate to success.

To me there is only one reason to take Snead, he wont cost a 1st round pick. But at that point, Id rather go with about 4 or 5 other guys. He has been average to bad pretty much all year.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
forgive me for not knowing his name... but knowing our past draft trends... we'll take the CB from Tenn... that they're trying to generate hiesman hype around

Eric Berry the S. I love his play, but secondary may be the last thing we need to look at it, I'm not sure we have been as deep or talented in the secondary in the past decade.

Milloy, Vincent, Clements, Winfield would be better, but I cant remember if they all played at the same time or not.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Id draft a guy Like Derrick Morgan, or Everson Griffin. They all have the size (or just about) to be a solid 3-4 DE.

elltrain22
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I'd be happiest w/ a QB 1st, DT or OT 2nd rd. Either way, I really, really hope that within the first 2 rounds QB and DT/OT are taken care of first.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I know this probably wouldn't be a popular pick with the group of guys when we need an OT and a QB and we will have around a top 10 pick if not inside it. If we are outside the top 10 like usual at 11 or so I would absolutely love picking up Roland McClain from Alabama. He is the best defensive player on the the best defense in college football. He is a true leader and a guy who truly cares about the game of Football. You can see it week in and week out that the guy comes to play and he has amazing size as he is almost 260 pounds and will probably run a 4.6 or 4.7 this April which for me would seal the deal on this guy.

My picks in order would be
McClain
Clausen
Okung
Davis
Baluga whichever one of those 3 OT's is still available

I like Spikes better, but McClain is a stud. I also like both the LBs from UNC, Sturdivant and Carter in later rounds.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd be happiest w/ a QB 1st, DT or OT 2nd rd. Either way, I really, really hope that within the first 2 rounds QB and DT/OT are taken care of first.

Totally agree with this.

I just don't want to consider a mid to late round QB our new franchise QB. Id really like one very early.

What Id really like is about 4- 1st round picks. But id be happy with just 2.

Ingtar33
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
If we pick one of those big name QB's at 10, I'll know the Bills will still suck for another 5 years. None of them look like franchise QB's.

Lineman, Offense or Defense. About time we started to build and win like other teams do.

Pick Pitt QB Bill Stull in Round 2 or 3.

Of the senior QBs (setting aside Bradford who worries me as an NFL'er, will either be a big time pro or a bust... and i'm still not sure which i feel is more likely) only Tim Hiller really strikes me as a possible star.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Of the senior QBs (setting aside Bradford who worries me as an NFL'er, will either be a big time pro or a bust... and i'm still not sure which i feel is more likely) only Tim Hiller really strikes me as a possible star.
My only problem with Hiller is that he runs a spread a lot and most often goes to his primary target. Id like to see him read hot routes, and go through progressions more. Doesn't mean he cant do it, just that he may need more coaching than others, but yeah the guy has the tools.

Ingtar33
11-03-2009, 06:00 PM
My only problem with Hiller is that he runs a spread a lot and most often goes to his primary target. Id like to see him read hot routes, and go through progressions more. Doesn't mean he cant do it, just that he may need more coaching than others, but yeah the guy has the tools.

He makes it look too easy sometimes. But if i had a complaint it's that the throws off his back foot too much. His footwork is a mess. That said he looks fantastic even doing that.

YoungEz
11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Drafting either o or d line would be smart to build it up or the bills could draft a QB at every single draft pick they have, cant possibly all be busts right?

Draft Mallet, draft o line heavy and draft Tebow 3rd round +... You have an o-line and you have 2 potential QB's

ServoBillieves
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Bryan Bulaga, OL, Maryland.

ServoBillieves
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
1) Bryan Bulaga, LT, Maryland (6-7, 310)
2) Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Mizzo (6-1, 235)
3) Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State (6-5, 302)
4) Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse (6-2, 205)
5) Dorin Dickerson, FB, Pittsburgh (6-2, 230)
6) Joel Nitchman, C, Michigan State (6-3, 300)
7) Chris Turner, QB, Maryland (6-4, 220)

Not my picks, but most likely will happen. Wouldn't mind some of those guys, but it's something I see happening... at 8 games in to the NFL season.... *sigh*... Damn Bills...

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Did you mean Bruce Campbell? You got the first pick mixed up, imo.

BillsWin
11-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I want Bradford in a Buffalo uniform something fierce. It probably won't happen, but I will go out on a limb and say if we draft Bradford and get him a left tackle he brings us to the playoffs in no more than 2 seasons.

Demon
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I like Spikes better, but McClain is a stud. I also like both the LBs from UNC, Sturdivant and Carter in later rounds.

If we decide not to go QB (which i would take McCoy) i'd be ok with it and go with defense and select Roland McClain. I agree with you, the kid is a complete stud and reminds me a lot of Ray Lewis when he came out of Miami. Hard hitter and very strong player. No history at all of injuries in the past. The SEC is a very physical conference and for him not to even wear down one bit just shows his durability.

BidsJr
11-03-2009, 11:54 PM
He makes it look too easy sometimes. But if i had a complaint it's that the throws off his back foot too much. His footwork is a mess. That said he looks fantastic even doing that.

JP Losman

Ingtar33
11-04-2009, 03:49 AM
JP Losman

Losman had "happy feat" + "poor footwork"

Some pretty good pro-qbs have poor footwork (Favre and Roethlesburger come to mind, Steve Young did too until he got to SF and Montana and Walsh straightened him out) but i can't name a good one with "happy-feet".

Happy feat means you don't set your feat and throw all over the place because you're fearing the pass rush (that isn't there... hence the phrase "happy feat" as in they're dancing in the pocket without a dance partner)

Poor footwork means they fail to step into throws correctly, or throw off balance too much, or don't open their hips right when they throw to the sideline... it can cause a whole host of accuracy and inconsistency problems, but it's not a killer. as any halfway competent coach can fix the issue... and if the QB is a rare talent (like Favre) it just never really slows him down much.

One problem (happy feat) means your QB will never be able to throw comfortably from the pocket, and probably will fail at reading the defense well in the face of a pass rush (and as a result fail as an NFL QB completely). The other problem (poor footwork) means your QB will sometimes throw a 10 yard out off his back foot and watch it go for a pick 6 (which i think we've all seen Favre do at least a dozen times in his career).

X-Era
11-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Losman had "happy feat" + "poor footwork"

Some pretty good pro-qbs have poor footwork (Favre and Roethlesburger come to mind, Steve Young did too until he got to SF and Montana and Walsh straightened him out) but i can't name a good one with "happy-feet".

Happy feat means you don't set your feat and throw all over the place because you're fearing the pass rush (that isn't there... hence the phrase "happy feat" as in they're dancing in the pocket without a dance partner)

Poor footwork means they fail to step into throws correctly, or throw off balance too much, or don't open their hips right when they throw to the sideline... it can cause a whole host of accuracy and inconsistency problems, but it's not a killer. as any halfway competent coach can fix the issue... and if the QB is a rare talent (like Favre) it just never really slows him down much.

One problem (happy feat) means your QB will never be able to throw comfortably from the pocket, and probably will fail at reading the defense well in the face of a pass rush (and as a result fail as an NFL QB completely). The other problem (poor footwork) means your QB will sometimes throw a 10 yard out off his back foot and watch it go for a pick 6 (which i think we've all seen Favre do at least a dozen times in his career).

First off, :clap: someone knows there football.

To me the guy that looks the most like Losman is LeFevour, but even he has better decision making. LeFevour is another guy that throws to his first target most often. And is too quick to try to run. He gets happy feet a lot. But I like his decision making more than Losman's for sure.