PDA

View Full Version : Jabrari Greer

BB4LIFE
11-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Yet another former Bill excelling in another situation.. they mentioned on the telecast that he has been targeted on 48 pass attempts and only allowed like 15 catches..

T-Long
11-02-2009, 09:14 PM
It was smart for the Bills to let him go considering the money the Saints dished out for him. Why would we pay him that when we drafted McKelvin in the 1st round? We saved the money to extend McGee. Great job by our F.O. on that one in my opinion.

Luisito23
11-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I knew a stupid thread like this was coming. Yeah, we get it Greer is good in NO, now move on.

homeslice5484
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
the saints gave him 5 million a year I think, or even less

T-Long
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
the saints gave him 5 million a year I think, or even less
4 years 23 million. Not worth it with McGee and McKelvin

Stewie
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
It was smart for the Bills to let him go considering the money the Saints dished out for him. Why would we pay him that when we drafted McKelvin in the 1st round? We saved the money to extend McGee. Great job by our F.O. on that one in my opinion.

how about signing the good player we had, closing up the need, and drafting a lineman?

cpearl
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
DB is the least of our problems. Florence has been great for us.

Mr. Pink
How about just extending the better CB between Greer and McGee?

Oh wait, we don't care about that, we extended McGee instead because he can play special teams too.

OpIv37
You can't be serious. That's a bargain for a starting cb.

T-Long
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm saying the reason they didn't resign him was because we drafted McKelvin. The contract has no relevance, because we weren't going to spend that amount of money on McGee, McKelvin, and Greer. McKelvin was a great pick at that slot and I don't remember too many people complaining when it happened.

T-Long
11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Boy, Greer looked great there...didn't he?

patmoran2006
No team keeps every good FA

Bills did the right thing there, and they got Florence for less than Greer if you want to be technical.

Florence has been great. INT's can often be a misleading stat

and for the record, I like Greer a lot

BADTHINGSMAN
Pretty funny I just clicked on this thread and Greer gives up a TD, didnt even get his hands up.

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Pretty funny I just clicked on this thread and Greer gives up a TD, didnt even get his hands up.And that was the first TD he had given up all season, keep trying kid; he's better than any CB on the Bills roster.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
He just got toasted so bad on that bomb TD pass lol. I know he has played well but that was real bad. Roddy deaked him out so badly on pass.

T-Long
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
And that was the first TD he had given up all season, keep trying kid; he's better than any CB on the Bills roster.
You have got to be kidding me. There is no way he is better than McGee. McKelvin is still a work in progress. We haven't quite seen his full potential as a CB yet due to injuries, but he is a helluva returner as well. (minus the NE game)

Mr. Pink
11-02-2009, 09:46 PM
You have got to be kidding me. There is no way he is better than McGee. McKelvin is still a work in progress. We haven't quite seen his full potential as a CB yet due to injuries, but he is a helluva returner as well. (minus the NE game)

There's the same mentality the coaches have.

Guys are more important because they have returning abilities.

What has that gotten us the past decade?

I swear this franchises number 1 priority is special teams ability.

casdhf
11-02-2009, 09:48 PM
McGee doesn't play special teams anymore. I dunno why we're even talking about it.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
And that was the first TD he had given up all season, keep trying kid; he's better than any CB on the Bills roster.

First dont ever call me kid, second where did I say anything about him not being good? Third learn to read before opening your mouth and quoting someone.

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
First dont ever call me kid, second where did I say anything about him not being good? Third learn to read before opening your mouth and quoting someone. Learn to read? You criticized him by saying that "he didn't even get his hands up", to which I responded with the fact that he has yet to give up a TD all year until that point. Perhaps you should learn how to read kid. :up:

BADTHINGSMAN
11-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Learn to read? You criticized him by saying that "he didn't even get his hands up", to which I responded with the fact that he has yet to give up a TD all year until that point. Perhaps you should learn how to read kid. :up:

He didnt get his hands up. No where did I say he sucked. Guess you didnt read after all little one.

MassEffect218435
11-02-2009, 10:34 PM
He didnt get his hands up. No where did I say he sucked. Guess you didnt read after all little one.Exactly where did I say that you said that he "sucked?" Again, reading isn't your strong point is it kid?

BADTHINGSMAN
11-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Exactly where did I say that you said that he "sucked?" Again, reading isn't your strong point is it kid?

Are you really going to keep going on this. You said I critisized him because I said he didnt get his hands up. Dude he didnt and thats all that was said. Your like a f'n toddler whining just stfu. Im beyond this now.

justasportsfan
11-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Greer looks great because his O keeps him off he field long enough to not get burned. He made plays here but he got burned a lot too. He was inconsistent here.He wasn't an every down cb.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Greer looks great because his O keeps him off he field long enough to not get burned. He made plays here but he got burned a lot too. He was inconsistent here.He wasn't an every down cb.

Very true, I think Greer is a good corner but not great.

billser
11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I was a huge Greer fan but DB is the LEAST of our worries.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Yet another former Bill excelling in another situation.. they mentioned on the telecast that he has been targeted on 48 pass attempts and only allowed like 15 catches..

he was a good cornerback here. it's not like he is performing any better than he was here. in the bills eyes, he wasn't worth the money the saints were going to pay him. i think they should have kept him but that's me.

LtFinFan66
11-03-2009, 01:25 AM
He scored a TD too

Dujek
11-03-2009, 05:04 AM
he's better than any CB on the Bills roster.

Uh, no.

If he'd stayed in Buffalo he'd have been the nickel back behind McKelvin and McGee.

Even with McKelvin out our pass D has been pretty good this year, so there was no real need to keep him.

starrymessenger
11-03-2009, 06:36 AM

Not worth it to us, but the Saints sure did the right thing. Their secondary was holding the whole team back. Greer and Sharper have changed all that.

zone
11-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Not worth it to us, but the Saints sure did the right thing. Their secondary was holding the whole team back. Greer and Sharper have changed all that.
Gregg Williams has changed all that.

WE are #11 in the league in pass defense. Giving up Greer was hardly a problem, especially the depth we added with Florence who has been very good.

starrymessenger
11-03-2009, 06:55 AM

WE are #11 in the league in pass defense. Giving up Greer was hardly a problem, especially the depth we added with Florence who has been very good.

Like I said. Not worth it to us.

starrymessenger
11-03-2009, 07:00 AM
He just got toasted so bad on that bomb TD pass lol. I know he has played well but that was real bad. Roddy deaked him out so badly on pass.

RW totally mugged him on that play (pushed him in the back away from the play/ball). Roddy was between JG and the ref who therefore did not see the contact. Gruden could barely contain himself.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2009, 07:29 AM
seriously, with all the problems this team has, we r whining about the secondary?? seriously?

BB4LIFE
11-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I don't really remember.. But how did Greer play the year before we drafted McKelvin? That was the year Clements left.

Was it absolutely necessary to draft a CB that high the next year in McKelvin?

chernobylwraiths
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
I seriously can't think of many players who left us to become stars on another team. I can think of only Winfield (who got paid a ton too much IMO) and Pat Williams (who many thought was a mistake to not try to resign).

EDS
11-03-2009, 08:08 AM

We are number 11 against the pass because we are the worst team at defending the run. They go hand-in-hand.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
We are number 11 against the pass because we are the worst team at defending the run. They go hand-in-hand.

While that is true, it doesn't explain the interceptions and the struggles Brady and Brees had.

justasportsfan
11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I agree, they do go hand in hand but so does the O keeping the D on the field a lot. 11th in the league is not bad if you take that into consideration plus the injuries.

Our D would've been ranked better all around if the O actually controlled the ball better.

Throne Logic
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I seriously can't think of many players who left us to become stars on another team. I can think of only Winfield (who got paid a ton too much IMO) and Pat Williams (who many thought was a mistake to not try to resign).

It's not so much that they become stars. Their names do frequently pop up on national TV making an impact. i.e. Greer.

Oh, and in case you missed it last night, Coy Wire forced that fumble in the last two minutes and he recovered the on-sides kick. His name also popped up a few times last week, too, including on a goal-line stand.

Leonard's name is popping up with the Jets alot, too.

Sam Aiken with the Pats.

There is also a long chain of ex-Bill coaches who are praised up and down across the league. Dan Henning, Mularky, Gregg Williams, etc.

For some reason, although the pieces may have some quality, they just cannot seem to fit properly together in Buffalo.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
How about just extending the better CB between Greer and McGee?

Oh wait, we don't care about that, we extended McGee instead because he can play special teams too.

Greer is a bit better than McGee, imo. Plus, when you consider that McGee is going to be 30 here soon. We should've let McGee go, to make room for Greer.

justasportsfan
11-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Greer is a bit better than McGee, imo. Plus, when you consider that McGee is going to be 30 here soon. We should've let McGee go, to make room for Greer.
I disagree. McGee is made to follow the top wr anywhere on the field. Greer would be toast if he played that role

Philagape
11-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Greer > McGee

Buddo
11-03-2009, 12:31 PM
The assumption that the Bills could have kept Greer, could well be fatally flawed. Iirc, he was made an offer very close to what he signed for with the Saints. I've also made mention of the fact that other people on the 'official' mb, apparently spoke to Greer regarding his intentions, and he basically said that he felt he wanted a change of scenery. That being the case, he was unlikely to re-sign with the Bills, and that has proven to be the case.
Sometimes you just have to let people go, and the reasons aren't always just down to money.