PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis is Another Example of don't call a guy a bust SO FAST

BuffaloBlitz83
11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
This guy is playing his ass off this season. He has played great with both of the QB's he's had. They are not an offensive juggernaut either. EVERYONE I know called this guy a bust. His numbers weren't there. But look and behold, leads all TE's in TDs, 6th in yards. I just think too many people right off draft picks way too fast. Give a player, more than 1 to 2 years before you call them a bust. It is a problem not only in Buffalo, I hear it from all fan bases.

265 yds, 20 rec, 3 td
509 yds, 52 rec, 4 td
358 yds, 31 rec, 2 td
375 yds, 32 rec, 7 td

BADTHINGSMAN
11-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I must eat some crow on this, while I never said he was a bust I did think he was below average.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't think people called him a bust.

People did question his commitment to the game of football, which he did seem to lack coming into this year.

He's freakishly athletic but without desire and the want to play, you won't put up the numbers.

Looks like he finally wants to play.

Crisis
11-02-2009, 11:40 PM
singletary was the best thing that could happen to him

DMBcrew36
11-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Not a bust, just pathetic so far. He's also very arrogant for someone who has sucked to date in the NFL and did little in college - he refers to himself in the 3rd person.

Philagape
11-03-2009, 12:16 AM
The rare exceptions don't justify waiting 4-5 years for a guy to develop.

BuffaloRanger
11-03-2009, 01:32 AM
It's much easier to wait on a struggling TE then on a struggling QB. A weak TE won't kill an offense.

Buffalo hasn't had a decent TE in years and look how great their offense has been! Haha.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I've def called him a bust but it just goes to show you how important coaching is.

justasportsfan
11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I've def called him a bust but it just goes to show you how important coaching is.
Don't tell tell TDummy that.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Add Cedric Benson to that list too.

Tatonka
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
i didnt realize that just because you have a 3 td game you get to shed your bust label.

the guy was a bust because he didnt care about football.. now he appears to be slightly interested because he is scared of singletary killing him.

it is a long season.. lets not go crazy on the vernon davis to the hall of fame train just yet.

Jaybird
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
i didnt realize that just because you have a 3 td game you get to shed your bust label.

the guy was a bust because he didnt care about football.. now he appears to be slightly interested because he is scared of singletary killing him.

it is a long season.. lets not go crazy on the vernon davis to the hall of fame train just yet.

It's amazing what a GOOD coach can do for a team

bigbub2352
11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Mike Singletary is the reason obviously this kid got the kick in the ass that so many comfortable Bills have needed since the Skeletor Era has started
i would have taken any of those yrs of offense production from Davis be better than Royal and Schouman elch

BuffaloBlitz83
11-03-2009, 01:38 PM

He has 7 Td's this year not just 3. He has scored 7 Td's in his last 5 games and scored at least 1 Td in 4 of last 5.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Mike Singletary is the reason obviously this kid got the kick in the ass that so many comfortable Bills have needed since the Skeletor Era has started
i would have taken any of those yrs of offense production from Davis be better than Royal and Schouman elch

Not to mention Vernon Davis, is a beast at blocking. He is by far the best blocking TE of the top pass catching tight ends. I wonder if we would have taken him at 8 had he dropped in 2006 instead of Whitner?

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I wonder if Vernon Gholston will turn it around too?