X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

To all you cover 2, or 4-3 haters

Look who leads the NFL in fewest PPG allowed with 13, the Indianapolis Colts. The bottom line is is not the scheme it's the talent. This year Freeney and Mathis are healthy and dominating. Maybin could be an impact player for us if we bulk him up, I'm not basing anything on him yet but there is still hope. He damn well better not be the b word.

You just can't whiff on those high picks, something we keep doing over and over, it's so depressing. I know Jauron sucks but you guys are on fantasy island if you think we could win 11 or 12 games with this roster if Bill Alonzo Stagg Knute Bear Walsh was the coach. Not that the coach isn't huge in football I'm just saying we need a competant grocery buying system first and foremost. The truth is most of the guys on this board could do better picking players with a draft guide and a 6 pack of Bud than our FO has for the past decade. Sorry for the rant.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: To all you cover 2, or 4-3 haters

Our defense has played well. If our O kept them off the field for less than 40 minutes a game they wouldn't crumble in the fourth quarter. I think we could put all the players on our D on Indy and they'd be doing pretty well too. Peyton wouldn't put them in horrible situations and keep them on the field all day. Don't get me wrong, our D could certainly improve, but they're not our problem.

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

Peyton has had games (specifically the Miami game) where he was on the field for maybe 20 minutes. It's how you use those 20 minutes, obviously.

Our D is easily good enough to get us to the playoffs. We've solidified the middle with Williams and Stroud and apparently our new D-line coach has gotten us a pass rush - so we're in the same position as the Colts to allow athletic linebackers and secondary to thrive. LOVE the D right now.

I'm just trying to remember the last time we sustained a long drive that ended with a touchdown. Last year?

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I still hate it.... I prefer 4 LB's over 4 DL...

Comment

Working...
        X