PDA

View Full Version : Think a 2nd Rounder will land Kolb?

The King
11-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Will the Eagles deal Kolb for a 2nd rounder or were they looking for a 1st rounder?

DraftBoy
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Don't see why they would.

bigbub2352
11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Try maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder he hasnt prved anything in the league

Demon
11-03-2009, 11:48 AM
According to Peter King, Eagles won't trade Kolb. They really like him and he's in their plans. King even said he wouldn't be shocked if Kolb is their starter next season from the get-go. Not sure what that means for Donovan McNabb.

The King
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Try maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder he hasnt prved anything in the leagueHe threw 400 yards against the Saints defense. He's proved to be better than anyone on our roster and he's proven he can step in and play.

The King
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
According to Peter King, Eagles won't trade Kolb. They really like him and he's in their plans. King even said he wouldn't be shocked if Kolb is their starter next season from the get-go. Not sure what that means for Donovan McNabb.I thought I heard this. I'd make a play for McNabb too, I really just think we need to bolster our lines before drafting a project at Qb.

DraftBoy
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
He threw 400 yards against the Saints defense. He's proved to be better than anyone on our roster and he's proven he can step in and play.

Smartest kid on the short bus basically then. Not that I disagree with you.

I dont see the Eagles moving Kolb.

Luisito23
11-03-2009, 11:54 AM
He threw 400 yards against the Saints defense. He's proved to be better than anyone on our roster and he's proven he can step in and play.

Which is exactly why the Eagles will never trade him.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Will the Eagles deal Kolb for a 2nd rounder or were they looking for a 1st rounder?
Kolb isn't going anywhere. There's a reason why the Eagles drafted his 36th overall.

The King
11-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Kolb isn't going anywhere. There's a reason why the Eagles drafted his 36th overall.That was three years ago though, you'd think they would've made the move by now.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
That was three years ago though, you'd think they would've made the move by now.
He'll wait his turn like Aaron Rodgers did.

Luisito23
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
That was three years ago though, you'd think they would've made the move by now.

You do know who their starting QB is right?

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
What Free agent QBs will be available?

Even if we draft one high I think a veteran addition is needed.

LooneyBin
11-03-2009, 12:02 PM
That's too bad. Kolb is probably the only potential starter on somebody's bench.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't break the bank for him, a second rounder would still be a gamble when you think about all the holes we have. Look at the offensive line in Philly, it's RIDICULOUS, the receivers and tight ends group they have over there is equally impressive. I'd almost rather just spend our 1st or 2nd on a potential franchise QB, might as well.

1.) Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
2.) Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
3.) Ed Dickson, TE, Oregon

FA: Marcus McNeil, SD
FA: Derrick Johnson, KC or AJ Hawk, GB (He is in their doghouse in GB)

Convert Nelson into a WR.

Evans, Hardy, Nelson, Johnson, Jenkins

Good game, that would fix our team.

LooneyBin
11-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Even if we draft one high I think a veteran addition is needed.

FA's? There's nothing good.

Jaybird
11-03-2009, 12:06 PM
According to Peter King, Eagles won't trade Kolb. They really like him and he's in their plans. King even said he wouldn't be shocked if Kolb is their starter next season from the get-go. Not sure what that means for Donovan McNabb.

As long as Andy Reid is the head coach Donovan will not be traded.

The King
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
You do know who their starting QB is right?I do. McNabb has been out of favor in Philly for quite a bit, you think they would've handed over the reigns.

Mudflap1
11-03-2009, 12:08 PM

The Eagles are keeping both. Kolb is the future, McNabb is the present. McNabb just got a nice extension himself a couple of months ago. Plus, both are West Coast offense quarterbacks, so we would need to bring in someone like Marty Morninwheg to run the offense. Not going to happen. Move on.

Mudflap1
11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I do. McNabb has been out of favor in Philly for quite a bit, you think they would've handed over the reigns.

He's not out of favor. The Eagles are in first place and are a Super Bowl contender. Philly fans expect the best from their teams. As long as they are a contender, nothing is going to change.

billsburgh
11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Michael Vick will be available.

Luisito23
11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Michael Vick will be available.

Watch that be our next TO type of move. :ill:

bigbub2352
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
not gonna argue with that, just saying i doubt he is worth trading a 1st for

Beastie Bills
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Not many impressive free agent QB's next year.

Kyle Orton
Jason Campbell
Pennington
Travaris Jackson
Kellen Clemens
David Carr
Culpepper
Grossman
Joey Harrington

Orton is obviously the best of the bunch, but I would be surprised if he hits free agency. Although, I didn't really expect Denver to let Cutler go either, so you never know.

I'd bring in David Carr. He's looked good for the Giants whenever I've seen him play. If we bring in Carr, and draft a QB, we could be in decent shape.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree that Carr would be a decent option, some first round busts at QB have gone on to become decent game managers.. Think Kerry Collins.

Beastie Bills
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I do. McNabb has been out of favor in Philly for quite a bit, you think they would've handed over the reigns.

He's been out of favor with their idiot fans, not with the team. They just gave him a contract extension before the season.

Demon
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Yeah, but Rob Johnson looked good too in limited time before we pulled the trigger, look how that turned out? Trading a 1st round pick would not be smart for a guy who's still considered a "project".

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, but Rob Johnson looked good too in limited time before we pulled the trigger, look how that turned out? Trading a 1st round pick would not be smart for a guy who's still considered a "project".

When you compare Kolb's physical tools to McCoy, they're VERY similar. Actually, from that standpoint I think McCoy may have more upside.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM
In reality, how does Kolb stack against the quarterbacks in the 2010 draft, that should be the question to ask yourself.

Ickybaluky
11-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Plus, both are West Coast offense quarterbacks, so we would need to bring in someone like Marty Morninwheg to run the offense. Not going to happen. Move on.

He should play in an offense that plays to his athleticism, like the WCO. In college, at Houston, he played in a spread option offense (like Florida).

I think his best fit in the NFL is playing in a spread offense that likes to use shotgun quite a bit and move guys around. I don't think he is as good a fit in a more traditional pro offense with 7-step drops. He has kind of a thin build, so he isn't as good a fit as a pure pocket guy who stands in there and takes hits. One of his best qualities is his ability to move around and throw.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
When you compare Kolb's physical tools to McCoy, they're VERY similar. Actually, from that standpoint I think McCoy may have more upside.

Good point.

The King
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but Rob Johnson looked good too in limited time before we pulled the trigger, look how that turned out? Trading a 1st round pick would not be smart for a guy who's still considered a "project".The ratio in backups traded for starters busting compared to draft picks busting is much less of a risk IMO

LooneyBin
11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Kyle Orton will be back with Denver. He's made for Mcdaniel's offense.

Bmax
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Garrard is falling out of favor in Jax...Plus he has a huge contract and is due 8 mill in a bonus paymnet before the season just wondering if he is let go if we should be interested for a couple of years....?

Bmax....

Lexwhat
11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Don't be offended, but this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen. McNabb was having some issues early last season, but after Reid benched him briefly, McNabb came back playing great.

Look at the weapons the Eagles added these last 2 off-seasons. McNabb is tearing it up, especially with the big plays from DeSean Jackson.

I respect Peter King (he's very well connected within NFL circles), but him saying that Kolb will be the starter next season is absolutely foolish.

The only problem with McNabb is that he is injury prone. That's just one of several reasons why the Eagles would be stupid to trade Kolb.

Anyways, McNabb has at least 3-4 good seasons left in him, IMO. Don't get it twisted.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Try maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder he hasnt prved anything in the league

Gotta agree.

Ingtar33
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Kolb isn't going anywhere... if one of the QBs in Philly are going anywhere this off season it's McNabb.

realdealryan
11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Kolb isn't going anywhere... if one of the QBs in Philly are going anywhere this off season it's Michael Vick.

FIXED

Lexwhat
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Kolb isn't going anywhere... if one of the QBs in Philly are going anywhere this off season it's McNabb.

Not a chance. McNabb is not going anywhere, unless the Eagles somehow crash and burn and lose all the rest of their games this season. He will be around until AT LEAST the end of next season (beyond that is unknown).

The Eagles (finally) made some serious moves in the off-season to improve the Offense, partly because of input from McNabb.

Moreover, if you know how Joe Banner operates, the type of "raise" he gave McNabb (without otherwise extending the contract) was unprecedented.

Demon
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Not many impressive free agent QB's next year.

Kyle Orton
Jason Campbell
Pennington
Travaris Jackson
Kellen Clemens
David Carr
Culpepper
Grossman
Joey Harrington

Orton is obviously the best of the bunch, but I would be surprised if he hits free agency. Although, I didn't really expect Denver to let Cutler go either, so you never know.

I'd bring in David Carr. He's looked good for the Giants whenever I've seen him play. If we bring in Carr, and draft a QB, we could be in decent shape.

A lot will be cut so this list will be slightly bigger. Not to say there's any real prizes who will get cut, but i think Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselback and Derek Anderson will all get canned. Still, as you said, the talent on this list is garbage.

X-Era
11-04-2009, 05:41 AM
In reality, how does Kolb stack against the quarterbacks in the 2010 draft, that should be the question to ask yourself.

Id agree, but thats not a fair comparison. Thats the Holcomb argument. Thats trying to compare a known quantity to and unknown. You draft guys based on what you think they will become, not what they already are. Kolb represents an average QB in the NFL, if that. He hasn't done anything much yet. The bigger question is what can Kolb become here? If its about the same as what hes been, then Id look elsewhere. Unless we just want a vet backup and plan to jettison Fitz and Trent.

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2009, 06:26 AM
We should get McNabb and keep Edwards. They can trade on and off getting hurt.

trapezeus
11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
as much as i know that vick comes with some serious baggage, i think he's one of the few QB's that can survive our line play at this point and do something to keep defenses honest. it's a one year deal, it sells tickets just like TO did, and then the bills can draft a real qb in the 2011 draft.

i really don't want us taking a high profile QB in the draft.

realdealryan
11-05-2009, 06:54 PM
as much as i know that vick comes with some serious baggage, i think he's one of the few QB's that can survive our line play at this point and do something to keep defenses honest. it's a one year deal, it sells tickets just like TO did, and then the bills can draft a real qb in the 2011 draft.

i really don't want us taking a high profile QB in the draft.

Well he's certainly looked great this year....

2/6 for 6 yards. Kinda says something about his value.

Beastie Bills
11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
A lot will be cut so this list will be slightly bigger. Not to say there's any real prizes who will get cut, but i think Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselback and Derek Anderson will all get canned. Still, as you said, the talent on this list is garbage.

Yeah, I don't want any of those guys you mentioned. I still say bring in David Carr, and draft a QB.

EDS
11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I don't want any of those guys you mentioned. I still say bring in David Carr, and draft a QB.

As of now, I agree.

Griff
11-06-2009, 12:51 PM

and threw three interceptions.

trapezeus
11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Well he's certainly looked great this year....

2/6 for 6 yards. Kinda says something about his value.

it's still an upgrade sadly

FlyingDutchman
11-07-2009, 10:07 AM

Rob Johnson did something similar before we gave up everything for him

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Colt McCoy = more cerebral version of Kevin Kolb.

kernowboy
11-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Colt McCoy = more cerebral version of Kevin Kolb.

No arm strength, doesn't make his own reads - might look good in college but no better than a 5th rounder.

Demon
11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
No arm strength, doesn't make his own reads - might look good in college but no better than a 5th rounder.

Colt McCoy will be a first round pick.