PDA

View Full Version : What upsets me the most

northernbillfan
11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
As a Bills fan it is very upsetting to see other teams that mired in futility, like the Bills have for the past decade or more, excelling today. Just look at Cincy or NO or even Houston for examples.

The league is filled with teams who have turned things around and worked well with the tools they have to develop them into great players. They've rebuilt by adding the right elements to make them successful yet the Bills are still in development mode.

What is the front office doing wrong? Why are the Greers, Clements etc excelling as soon as they leave the organization? Mularkey and Williams are doing much better now that they are away from Buffalo. So is Wade Philips for that matter.

Why does this organization not get it? I know that's a loaded question, but it's very frustrating as a fan to watch the team fail year in and year out while other teams grow and get better and offer their fans a good solid product.

Luisito23
11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Ralph Wilson.

Luisito23
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Same thing can be said about the Raiders who's owner mirrors Wilson. Coincidence?

MassEffect218435
11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
What has been the one constant over the duration of the Bills' miserable existence? Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

bigbub2352
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
RW and his unwillingness to give the front office and coaching the tools to win
he is too cheap and the people running his talent evaluation are inept
his coachs run schemes that are too vanilla and dont fit the players they have
it all starts at the top

xXSpIkes5IXx
As a Bills fan it is very upsetting to see other teams that mired in futility, like the Bills have for the past decade or more, excelling today. Just look at Cincy or NO or even Houston for examples.

The league is filled with teams who have turned things around and worked well with the tools they have to develop them into great players. They've rebuilt by adding the right elements to make them successful yet the Bills are still in development mode.

What is the front office doing wrong? Why are the Greers, Clements etc excelling as soon as they leave the organization? Mularkey and Williams are doing much better now that they are away from Buffalo. So is Wade Philips for that matter.

Why does this organization not get it? I know that's a loaded question, but it's very frustrating as a fan to watch the team fail year in and year out while other teams grow and get better and offer their fans a good solid product.

I really don't know what your talking about... Clements just got benched and his 80 million dollar contract looks like a joke, his best days were here. We knew Greer was a good player, but we invested in Mckelvin and Mcgee.

Wade Phillips led us to the playoffs 2/3 years he was here, and the other year was destroyed by a rash of injuries. In Dallas he has an underachieving club that he seemingly lost control of last year.

Mularkey and Gregg Williams were star coordinators before we hired them, and are star coordinators after they left here. If the Bills coaching strategy has over the past 10 years has taught me anything, its that star coordinators do not always make competent head coaches. Its a very different job...

jamze132
It falls on Ralph Wilson, the great business man. He hires on the cheap. You get what you pay for.

northernbillfan
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
But the city could lose the Bills as soon as Ralph kicks it and that would make me feel even worse.

yordad
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Cleveland sucks too. As soon as they moved to Baltimore, Bam, their good. Maybe it is Lake Erie. :idunno:

sdbillsfan2
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
But the city could lose the Bills as soon as Ralph kicks it and that would make me feel even worse.

I so sick of hearing this... It's not going to happen. There are teams out there there are far more attractive financially speaking then the Bills. The Bills fans in Toronto would even prefer the Bills stay in Western New York. Why, because even considering the travel down the QE1 , it's still cheaper to catch the game in OP. Secondly , The atmosphere in Toronto sucks, as far as watching any games.
How do I know this , I have friends in Ont , who laugh at the fear of buffalo losing their Bills.
L..A. doesn't want the Bills. they'd prefer bringing the Raiders back. LA has a huge Raider following .
Ralph is using the fear against you all who are quaking in their boots of the Bills moving on.
The NFL would discourage it and the State , local and federal gov't have already invested in keeping the team in place.

Stop and think about it.. The sky is NOT falling and the Bills are not moving.

dplus47
11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
i was wondering how everybody here would react to last night's game. once, it was referred to as "a chess match between mularkey and williams."

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Bad owner, definitely shouldn't be in the hall.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Ralph Wilson.

DING!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
11-04-2009, 08:10 AM

a lot of other cities can lose their teams as well. i wouldn't get caught up in that hype until it is realistically in the works.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I so sick of hearing this... It's not going to happen. There are teams out there there are far more attractive financially speaking then the Bills. The Bills fans in Toronto would even prefer the Bills stay in Western New York. Why, because even considering the travel down the QE1 , it's still cheaper to catch the game in OP. Secondly , The atmosphere in Toronto sucks, as far as watching any games.
How do I know this , I have friends in Ont , who laugh at the fear of buffalo losing their Bills.
L..A. doesn't want the Bills. they'd prefer bringing the Raiders back. LA has a huge Raider following .
Ralph is using the fear against you all who are quaking in their boots of the Bills moving on.
The NFL would discourage it and the State , local and federal gov't have already invested in keeping the team in place.

Stop and think about it.. The sky is NOT falling and the Bills are not moving.

i'm sick of this crap too. especially the Toronto talks. the ONLY reason the Bills play in Toronto for one game a year is because the NFL got tired of hearing about The Old Fart and his empty tin cup. they did him a favor just to shut his old decrepit ass up.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Just look at Cincy or NO or even Houston for examples.

It's called Palmer, Shaub, and Brees.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Same thing can be said about the Raiders who's owner mirrors Wilson. Coincidence?
Same thing could be said about the Bills and Raiders, when's the last time either one had a real QB?

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Same thing could be said about the Bills and Raiders, when's the last time either one had a real QB?

I think one of them did the color on the Bills game last week.

madness
11-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Yet people still don't get it.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Yet people still don't get it.
Get good QB play and the rest will come.

Even good coaching will come with good play out of the QB position.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Buffalo sports are cursed. Someone needs to slaughter a goat because Im sick of losing.

Crisis
11-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Exactly. Palmer is playing like he did pre-injury, Schaub is playing a lot better, and Drew Brees is....well Drew Brees.

Good QBs can turn a team around.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Exactly. Palmer is playing like he did pre-injury, Schaub is playing a lot better, and Drew Brees is....well Drew Brees.

Good QBs can turn a team around.Exactly. When the Bills finally get a good QB they will start winning consistently again and so will whoever the coach is. Until then it won't matter who the coach is.

trapezeus
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
i don't know if wilson is cheap or not, but he's too stupid to build a proper team. it's like owning a clucker and deciding to only change a few items when the whole car needs an overhaul. in the last 10 years he's either got bum parts (TD, Losman, Bledsoe, williams) or he's avoiding getting parts (the DL, the OL) and he gets blinged out hub caps when the car still sucks (stroud, owens)

Crisis
11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Kyle Orton, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, Warner

Trent Edwards/Fitz, Quinn/Anderson, Young/Collins, Cassel, Campbell, Stafford, Johnson/Leftwich, Bulger

Guess which group of quarterbacks is either leading their division or tied for the lead in their division, and which group is in the cellar of their division.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
The one constant in this debacle of a decade is the lack of a competent and franchise worthy QB. Even Bledsoe was iffy because he didn't have an o-line that could keep him upright.

We need a QB above all other needs. Of course the QB needs protection, but right now we dont have a QB worth trying to protect. Get "our guy", move up to get him if you have to, and sign McNeil in free agency or something. And boom goes the dynamite.

X-Era
11-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Kyle Orton, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, Warner

Trent Edwards/Fitz, Quinn/Anderson, Young/Collins, Cassel, Campbell, Stafford, Johnson/Leftwich, Bulger

Guess which group of quarterbacks is either leading their division or tied for the lead in their division, and which group is in the cellar of their division.

I think your saying we need a great QB, is that correct?

BertSquirtgum
11-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Ralph Wilson.

this old **** needs to sell jim kelly the team. otherwise they will be moved and we'll never be able to celebrate a super bowl win.

MidnightVoice
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Who was the owner when we went to all those Superbowls?

djjimkelly
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM

one difference between us and those other teams

we NEVER pick in the top 5 and the one year we did we missed big time