PDA

View Full Version : Schefter says we will address the QB situation in the draft

T-Long
11-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Schefter also noted that the Bills will likely select one of the myriad QBs available in the draft this April.

Per ESPN Insider

Take that for what it's worth, but it's not necessarily saying we will take one in Round 1. This offseason is going to be the most interesting in some time.

ddaryl
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
the odds are good we will pick the wrong QB

LooneyBin
11-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Whether it's a starter or a backup. They will draft a qb to upgrade the roster.

NorthCarBills
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM

....yes the wrong qb in a late round! LOL

yordad
11-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Dude, he must be psychic, no one could predict that.

The King
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
dont we need a GM before we can boldly predict draft moves?

Oldbillsfan
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
How does Schefter know this? He doesn't even know what coach they will have. Good guessing anyway. Must be a slow news day.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Wow, what a ****ing bold statement by Schefter. Who would've thunk that?

Demon
11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
dont we need a GM before we can boldly predict draft moves?

Yeah, how can he be predicting anything without knowing who the GM or the coach will be?

bigbub2352
11-03-2009, 02:37 PM
ESPN has a crystal ball now?

jamze132
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I predict that that the player drafted right after Buffalo picks, will be better than the guy we pick.

The King
11-03-2009, 04:12 PM
I predict that that the player drafted right after Buffalo picks, will be better than the guy we pick.I'd hire you over Schefter

Typ0
11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
since we have zero quarterbacks it's very brave to say we will grab one somewhere in the draft.

TedMock
11-03-2009, 04:52 PM
He is stating the obvious with this news. In his defense though, he is very good at his job. Far more accurate and consistant than Mort et al evere were. I was sad to see him join espn as I feel they have gone down hill over the last several years.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Its probably just that Shefter has talked with one of the Bills brass and they said they need better play from the QB position.

Nothing earth shattering there.

BillsWin
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
With the ninth pick in the 2010 NFL draft, The Buffalo Bills select, Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
With the ninth pick in the 2010 NFL draft, The Buffalo Bills select, Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma.

I see a path to that happening.

jamze132
11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Seriously guys, come on. We're not drafting no QB when there are a plethora of DBs available. Surely we can reach for at least one of them them with a top 10 pick...

Ingtar33
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM

assuming Bradford can work out and look good before the April draft there is no way on earth he'll be there at pick 9 (and right now we'd be drafting like 11-17)

again this assumes he's able to work out before the NFL draft. If he isn't able to he might be there by then... depends what other QBs come out.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
assuming Bradford can work out and look good before the April draft there is no way on earth he'll be there at pick 9 (and right now we'd be drafting like 11-17)

again this assumes he's able to work out before the NFL draft. If he isn't able to he might be there by then... depends what other QBs come out.

If he works out and shows any sign that he isn't 100% back, I think its very possible he slips to 9. The guy has had multiple injurys and teams will look at that for sure.

Ingtar33
11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
If he works out and shows any sign that he isn't 100% back, I think its very possible he slips to 9. The guy has had multiple injurys and teams will look at that for sure.

yep. i agree.

Akhippo
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
One question though. How can we suck this bad and still only pick 11th or lower. Come on, we should at least be rewarded somehow. We cant even make it into the top ten draft selection talk. We are again THAT next team.

justasportsfan
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Shefter should predict who will be teaching that qb? dick?

Raptor
11-03-2009, 09:08 PM
AS Really going out on a limb there....

clumping platelets
11-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Tim Hiller in Rd 2

Griff
11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
no get a vet, we don't need another 3 season project that is turned on by the fans in 2 seasons.

trapezeus
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM
watch the bills pick a kicker "janokowski-style". i amnot surprised by anything these days and prepare for the very worst. yet they keep beating me.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
We need to pull a New York Jets and move up to get "our guy" *ahem* Bradford *ahem*. You know, like they did with Sanchez. Except our guy won't suck.

X-Era
11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
We need to pull a New York Jets and move up to get "our guy" *ahem* Bradford *ahem*. You know, like they did with Sanchez. Except our guy won't suck.
Thats what Im quietly hoping for, only now its not so quiet.

By the way. Im not necessarily saying it has to be Bradford, just one of the best possible picks, Im sick of this ****.

Demon
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM

Bradford will slip some in the draft. It seems like Locker and Clausen will be the first two QBs taken. And who knows how far Bradford will slide. But, Bills should be picking around the 8-10 mark.... how far should they go? Pay a bazillion picks to move up a few slots in a loaded draft? I'm not so sure about that.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Bradford will slip some in the draft. It seems like Locker and Clausen will be the first two QBs taken. And who knows how far Bradford will slide. But, Bills should be picking around the 8-10 mark.... how far should they go? Pay a bazillion picks to move up a few slots in a loaded draft? I'm not so sure about that.

We could even be picking between 5-8... Berry, McCoy, Suh, Okung, Clausen and Locker may be very real possibilities.

I hope we bomb the rest of the year, sorry if that makes me a bad fan. I really like the prospects coming out in 2010.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 07:46 PM
8-10 could get us Bradford. I don't like Locker at all I see him and think total bust. Sorry Locker lovers. And Clausen looks pretty good and should do well in the combine. I bet St. Louis picks him.

Demon
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
We could even be picking between 5-8... Berry, McCoy, Suh, Okung, Clausen and Locker may be very real possibilities.

I hope we bomb the rest of the year, sorry if that makes me a bad fan. I really like the prospects coming out in 2010.

Yeah, this draft is one of the best in recent years they say. I don't think trading makes much sense unless we add picks. Although, i wouldn't trade down either because we need the talent. I still like that LB from Alabama McClain or if we do go with QB Colt McCoy. Both will be available in our spot even if we don't lose out.

Demon
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
8-10 could get us Bradford. I don't like Locker at all I see him and think total bust. Sorry Locker lovers. And Clausen looks pretty good and should do well in the combine. I bet St. Louis picks him.

Not sure why so many people are in such love with Clausen all of a sudden? The same guy who was almost benched in favor for Crisp. He plays a cup cake schedule, has Golden Tate, whos one of the fastest WR in college and had Floyd (whos compared to Terrell Owens!), one of the top TE recruits in years and one of the best OLs in college. And a awesome RB in Armando Allen. Their offense is loaded. Anyone wonder why it's taken him so many years to finally play good?

I'm not directing this at you billswin, just the national media who is so high on Clausen. My buddy (Browns fan) earlier today told me Adam Schafter said he Clausen is on their radar and will be their next QB. I just don't get it.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Not sure why so many people are in such love with Clausen all of a sudden? The same guy who was almost benched in favor for Crisp. He plays a cup cake schedule, has Golden Tate, whos one of the fastest WR in college and had Floyd (whos compared to Terrell Owens!), one of the top TE recruits in years and one of the best OLs in college. And a awesome RB in Armando Allen. Their offense is loaded. Anyone wonder why it's taken him so many years to finally play good?

I'm not directing this at you billswin, just the national media who is so high on Clausen. My buddy (Browns fan) earlier today told me Adam Schafter said he Clausen is on their radar and will be their next QB. I just don't get it.

Oh I dont like Clausen either, I just think his stock is going up and he will probably work out well at the combine. He will be a Stafford type pick where there is little in the way of competition for the top QB spot, the kid works out well and Bradford's injury allows him to slip so Clausen looks better than what he really is.

Just an opinion. I dont like him either, but from what I have heard his stock continues to rise.

Demon
11-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh I dont like Clausen either, I just think his stock is going up and he will probably work out well at the combine. He will be a Stafford type pick where there is little in the way of competition for the top QB spot, the kid works out well and Bradford's injury allows him to slip so Clausen looks better than what he really is.

Just an opinion. I dont like him either, but from what I have heard his stock continues to rise.

Yeah, exactly, ive heard he's almost a lock for a top 5-6 pick and i just don't understand it one bit.

I mean, before the season started, a saw some early season mock drafts say Clausen could be a 3rd round pick. Going from 3rd round to top 5 in several weeks playing with boats of talent and a cup cake schedule. lol Oh well.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, exactly, ive heard he's almost a lock for a top 5-6 pick and i just don't understand it one bit.

I mean, before the season started, a saw some early season mock drafts say Clausen could be a 3rd round pick. Going from 3rd round to top 5 in several weeks playing with boats of talent and a cup cake schedule. lol Oh well.

No worries, St. Louis will pick him so we don't have the option. :whistling

Demon
11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
No worries, St. Louis will pick him so we don't have the option. :whistling

lol them or Cleveland.

The other thing about Clausen is, whens the last good QB to come out of California? lol i'm sure theres been a few in recent years but i can only think of the busts. With Sanchez still a question mark.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
lol them or Cleveland.

The other thing about Clausen is, whens the last good QB to come out of California? lol i'm sure theres been a few in recent years but i can only think of the busts. With Sanchez still a question mark.

But coach Walsh says Trent Edwards is the second coming of Joe Montana and Edwards is from California! :lolpoint: Trent

Demon
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
But coach Walsh says Trent Edwards is the second coming of Joe Montana and Edwards is from California! :lolpoint: Trent

You would have thought we'd learn from Rob Johnson and JP Losman.... lol

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
You would have thought we'd learn from Rob Johnson and JP Losman.... lol

The Bills never get the memo until it is too late.

Demon
11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
^^ btw i love your sig. Is that you in that pic? lol

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 09:11 PM
^^ btw i love your sig. Is that you in that pic? lol

Haha, not this time. But I may in fact dawn the bag head when I go to Kansas City in December to watch the hapless Bills take on the equally incompetent Chiefs.

Oaf
11-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Should emerge from hell, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, or Hamdan by the end of the season, Schefter will probably note that the Bills will likely pass on the myriad QBs available in the draft this April.

Night Train
11-05-2009, 05:16 AM

or even if we do, we'll ruin him mentally.

We need to sign a Vet first.

don137
11-05-2009, 08:00 AM
The problem is so many bad teams need QBs like Cleveland, St Louis, Oakland, Washington, etc. I see a lot of similarities to the year we drafted Losman. That year Eli, Rivers and Big Ben were all coming out and the Bills picked #13. By the time the pick got to Buffalo all the good ones were gone and Losman was not worth the #13 pick so they took Evans and traded back into round one for Losman. I could see something similar happening in next year's draft.
It's really too bad that Brees did not develop a year sooner. The Chargers probably would never of drafted Manning and one of the QBs would of fallen to the Bills so they would not of been stuck with Losman.

EDS
11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
no get a vet, we don't need another 3 season project that is turned on by the fans in 2 seasons.

That works in theory, but it assumes someone worthwhile is available. I am just not sure who that guy could be unless McNabb shakes free.

justasportsfan
11-05-2009, 01:01 PM
If Dick is still the coach, chances are we'll bring in some qb who's smart in the classroom but can't play football .

Mike13
11-05-2009, 07:32 PM
lol them or Cleveland.

Carson Palmer?

Demon
11-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Carson Palmer?

Yeah, def Palmer. Good call, he slipped my mind.