PDA

View Full Version : What about Zac Robinson?

homeslice5484
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP4gWiz22A&feature=fvsr

Some have him projected in the 2nd round, some say as late as 5th. If none of the top qbs fall to us, would he be a good pick and let him develop or even start under a NEW coach and system?

Just wondering cause I don't know much about college qbs besides Tebow and Clausen.

BillsWin
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I covered the Big 12 for the first year Zac took over the reigns full time as the starter. I still go to some OK State games when I get the chance.

Zac is a good prospect. Nice athleticism, he can make plays with his arm or feet. Not the most accurate QB out there, he has a tough time throwing under pressure, but will make a throw every once in a while that will make your jaw drop.

Arm strength is average to above average. Intelligent. Very intelligent. A stand up kid, well spoken and a family man.

His leadership on the field is well noted, and yet criticized, ie. the Texas game last week. They really needed him to man up and put the team on his shoulders but he couldn't get it done. Not for lack of trying, but he forced some throws ending in costly turnovers.

All in all, he will probably go round 3 or 4. He will probably start somewhere at some time and will probably be a solid quarterback.

He has good mechanics and his athleticism makes him a dual threat in a wild cat/ spread type attack.

He is not a Bradford, Snead, Pike or any other top 20-25 prospect, but he has the potential to be a franchise guy if put in favorable circumstances and allowed the time to learn the system and become comfortable.

In my opinion, if we like Edwards so much and want to give him another year we should pick a left tackle round one, then go line backer or defensive tackle round two and I would love nothing better than picking Robinson round three.

He has nothing but upside and could wait in the wings for an injury prone and inconsistent Edwards to fail. By that time he should be ready to step in and could be a franchise guy.

So in other words he is a second tier QB prospect with a lot of potential to be a future starter.

That is my opinion.

BillsWin
11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Another thing. he is great at throwing on the run and on roll outs and has great touch on deep routes and routes to the corner of the endzone. He practiced those alot while he was waiting behind Bobby Reid. He can also throw across his body if he needs to. Give him a good offensive line and he can flourish somewhere. He might need a year in a system though.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Zac has not impressed me at all this year and I was a big fan coming into it.

He can be indecisive, can be inaccurate, and doesn't have a great arm. Hes been pretty average even with arguably the best LT in college and again arguably the best WR (when he wasn't suspended).

Personally, I want the best we can get. If we drafted Zac, I would root for him and he might just turn out to be a good player. But he isn't my first pick at this point.

homeslice5484
11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I am just trying to figure out what QBs i should watch since I have been watching a lot more college football this season.

X-Era
11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Heres my list:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174129

Demon
11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
OSU play in a very wide open, attacking style, unlike anything that the Big 12 traditionally has. He also had one of the top WRs in the nation in Dez Bryant which helps. So i'll be a bit weary on him.

However, if we are aiming to draft a QB and all the top QBs are long gone, like McCoy, Bradford, Locker, Pike and who ever else impresses in the combine, i don't think it's wise to try to "steal" a franchise QB in the later rounds. We've failed replacing a QB for so many years and had chances to land that franchise QB but we always went another direction.

homeslice5484
11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Heres my list:

Thanks a lot, I am not familiar with a lot of college teams so that will help me

BillsWin
11-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Zac has not impressed me at all this year and I was a big fan coming into it.

He can be indecisive, can be inaccurate, and doesn't have a great arm. Hes been pretty average even with arguably the best LT in college and again arguably the best WR (when he wasn't suspended).

Personally, I want the best we can get. If we drafted Zac, I would root for him and he might just turn out to be a good player. But he isn't my first pick at this point.

I can tell you this right now he is playing with a hurt shoulder. Not alot of people mention that. He has been fighting through it all season and people thought he was 100% but I know that could be the reason for his regressing. And yet prior to the OSU-Texas game there was heisman talk for the kid.

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Heres my list:

Are you going to update your ranking on QB.
I know you are one of the guys like myself that know our College Football but you still think BRADFORD is #1?

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I like Robinson but I think he will fall into later rounds now.
A bit inconsistent in my opinion...
Has good upside though..

X-Era
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Are you going to update your ranking on QB.
I know you are one of the guys like myself that know our College Football but you still think BRADFORD is #1?
I still do.

Locker is dropping IMO due to his ups and downs this year. Clausen is rising, but hasnt supplanted Bradford to me yet.

Its just an opinion and its still early. If Bradford isnt recovered from surgery, I dont think he can be the top QB taken... It probably would be Clausen at that point.

tampabay25690
11-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I still do.

Locker is dropping IMO due to his ups and downs this year. Clausen is rising, but hasnt supplanted Bradford to me yet.

Its just an opinion and its still early. If Bradford isnt recovered from surgery, I dont think he can be the top QB taken... It probably would be Clausen at that point.

Just curious.
I think you do a good job with college football as well...
Its nice to hear from a few of us that do know our college ball and prospects..

I agree some what about Locker but plays on a bad team...
If Locker played on FL, LSU, USC he would be the heisman winner thsi year IMO..

paladin warrior
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
WOW Yeah Very good QB. Wait until T.Edward get alots hit his head too much. IF head get dizzy too much & he might have to leave the pro football and his carrer is Done.

X-Era
11-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Just curious.
I think you do a good job with college football as well...
Its nice to hear from a few of us that do know our college ball and prospects..

I agree some what about Locker but plays on a bad team...
If Locker played on FL, LSU, USC he would be the heisman winner thsi year IMO..
So, I dont look at the team as much as the player. Locker looked great early on even in the loss to ND, and certainly in the win over USC. But, he looked average or worse vs. Oregon where he threw two dumb throws that became picks. He can be very inconsistent and make bad decisions at times. I liked his ability to rally the team and lead them to victory early in the year, but he lost some of that and replaced it with some bad decision making. Ability wiuse, hes got everything you want, but that doesnt mean he will be a franchise QB. The mental aspects seem to be failing him as of late.

I wouldn't call his drop a nose dive, more like hes trailing off. His stock has dropped a bit, maybe as far as mid round 1 or late round 1. But, I think hes still a 1st rounder.

As far as what he would do on a better team? Id say sure, but the flip side is also possible where any of the guys on better teams may look as bad or worse for Washington. That's why I come back to his individual play, and thats what Ive looked at. To me, Lockers stock hasnt dropped because of the team hes on, its dropped because of his individual play... and thats on him.