PDA

View Full Version : We need a new coach, BUT

The Juice Is Loose
11-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I think we've seen some solid talent on this team.

Obviously, we need a motivator (in the classic sense of the world) like Jackie Moon.

With as well as the D has played, and granted it could be better, I don't think we need to do a full overhaul of this team to become a contender.

Obviously, there are some positions that need to be addressed, namely OT, DT, QB and WR in the off season.

I just really hope that whoever comes in doesn't decide they need to make a dozen cuts.

I think a lot of guys have earned their keep and deserve a chance with the next coach. Ellison is a great example. He may not be a pro bowl talent but frankly, you can't have every position be a pro bowler. And if in certain spots you have a guy who understands the game that can be good.

I think LB, DT, QB and OT are the primary positions in the off season to address, I just really hope we don't totally change everything. If we could run a 4-3 like Jim Johnson ran it, then switching to a 3-4 is not needed.

If our offense could put up 21ppg we'd be winning games right now instead of what we've seen. I wouldnt be shocked in a rookie could come in next season and instantly produce better than Trent.

Although I also think, even with adding a qb and a new coach, Trent deserves the right to compete for the job next Summer.

BillsWin
11-03-2009, 10:44 PM
The foundation is there, but its like someone built the house with no roof and no doors. That just doesn't work.

We need a new GM, we need a new head coach, we need a new quarterback and we need to give that quarterback protection.

DraftBoy
11-03-2009, 11:02 PM
:blowup: it up.

Id keep maybe 10 players at this point.

Demon
11-03-2009, 11:29 PM
:blowup: it up.

Id keep maybe 10 players at this point.

I almost always agree with you, but not this time. I think the new coach will actually have a lot of quality players to work with. The offensive line will be better next season even if we make no changes to it. If they add a veteran and a draft pick for depth, i think the line could be pretty good for once. Levitre and Wood have really worked out.

The defense is playing good right now and they are missing bunch of guys. Hopefully they add to the defense and the Byrd man has a strong year, the defense should be fine.

Obviously they need a QB though.

Night Train
11-04-2009, 03:21 AM
It really depends on the schemes the new coaching staff runs on both sides of the ball. That will determine roster movement.

Patti120
11-04-2009, 07:04 AM
If our offense could put up 21ppg we'd be winning games right now instead of what we've seen. I wouldnt be shocked in a rookie could come in next season and instantly produce better than Trent.

Although I also think, even with adding a qb and a new coach, Trent deserves the right to compete for the job next Summer.

Pop Warner Offense Baby!

k-oneputt
11-04-2009, 08:00 AM
GM, Head Coach, player personal director, qb, two o-tackles, o-coord., another d-tackle, hope Maybin can actually play, and two lbers.

After that we are set.

DraftBoy
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I almost always agree with you, but not this time. I think the new coach will actually have a lot of quality players to work with. The offensive line will be better next season even if we make no changes to it. If they add a veteran and a draft pick for depth, i think the line could be pretty good for once. Levitre and Wood have really worked out.

The defense is playing good right now and they are missing bunch of guys. Hopefully they add to the defense and the Byrd man has a strong year, the defense should be fine.

Obviously they need a QB though.

Id keep the OL in tact completely. Keep Jackson, Keep Byrd, and McKelvin. And everybody else is expendable. Id probably end up keeping guys like Maybin, Evans, Hardy, and a few others but I dont see many players worth keeping at all.

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Id keep the OL in tact completely. Keep Jackson, Keep Byrd, and McKelvin. And everybody else is expendable. Id probably end up keeping guys like Maybin, Evans, Hardy, and a few others but I dont see many players worth keeping at all.

I would consider a new LT and let Bell play RT.

Nelson is a keeper - I'll assume you forgot about him. Keep Harris to see if he develops. Keep McGee. Hell, most of the DBs. I like Corner as the nickel guy.

Keep Moorman too, but he is a punter.

Even Jackson can go, if the right deal is offerred. He is 30.

paladin warrior
11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
The foundation is there, but its like someone built the house with no roof and no doors. That just doesn't work.

We need a new GM, we need a new head coach, we need a new quarterback and we need to give that quarterback protection. How about a new Owner. Raplh not going make it next year :hurt: :father: