PDA

View Full Version : According to Swedish website, Enroth has been called up

Coach Sal
11-04-2009, 08:15 AM
There was a report circulating that Jhonas Enroth was called up to the big club last night/this morning. I searched for news to see if it was true. and I found a Swedish website that says the following,

Under natten fick Jhonas Enroth för andra gången i karriären beskedet att han ska inställa sig från AHL-tjänstgöring till att ta sig till Buffalo och förbereda sig för NHL-hockey.

Ifjol var han nära att få spela när både Patrick Lalime och Ryan Miller såg ut att vara indisponibla, men det slutade med att Enroth fick vakta båsdörren.
Den här gången är det Buffalos backup Patrick Lalime som fått problem med ljumskarna och som ger Enroth chansen och troligen finns han med i matchtruppen redan till nattens match mot New York Islanders.

21-åringen har matchats hårt i AHL med Portland Pirates under inledningen av säsongen, där han varit ohotad etta och spelat i tio av de tolv matcher laget spelat.

Statistiskt har däremot hösten varit en mardröm för Enroth. Laget är ett av ligans sämre och har släppt in flest mål i ligan.

Enroth har en räddningsprocent på 87,2 och har släppt in 3,90 mål per match.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/news_show_jhonas-enroth-far-nhl-chans.html?id=8873219

I went to the Google translator, and here is what it says:

During the night, got Jhonas Enroth for the second time in his career told that he should appear from the AHL duty to get to Buffalo and prepare for NHL hockey.

Last year, he was close to play in both Patrick Lalime and Ryan Miller looked to be unavailable, but it ended up Enroth was guarding båsdörren.

This time, it is Buffalo's backup Patrick Lalime in trouble with the groin and giving Enroth chance and he is probably in the match squad already in the night game against the New York Islanders.

21-year-old has been matched hard in the AHL Portland Pirates at the beginning of the season, where he has remained unchallenged number one and has played in ten of the twelve games the team played.

Statistically, however, the fall has been a nightmare for Enroth. The team is one of the league's poorer and have let in more goals in the league.

Enroth has a save percentage of 87.2 and has released the 3.90 goals per game.

I have no idea of the validity of this, but it looks to be legit. Or at least this site says it is.

Just reporting what's there. Sorry of this turns out to not be true.

hydro
11-04-2009, 08:26 AM
This would certainly show that they have about the same opinion of Lalime that we do.

BlackMetalNinja
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
It's true... Just saw the Sabres post on facebook. Wonder if this has anything to do with the flu bug, or just a total lack of confidence in Lalime?

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2009, 08:41 AM
This time, it is Buffalo's backup Patrick Lalime in trouble with the groin and

According to the article, Lalime hurt his groin.

BlackMetalNinja
11-04-2009, 08:47 AM
According to the article, Lalime hurt his groin.Yeah, I just went back and read that... thanks.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Hopefully he shows something but he has been bad in the minors.

rbochan
11-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Hopefully he shows something but he has been bad in the minors.
Which may be true, but from what I saw in the pre-season, he gets the system better than Lalime does.

RockStar36
11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Whether Lalime is hurt or sick, this really doesn't matter a ton as long as Miller is playing. If Lalime is hurt for the long haul though, they absolutely need to make a trade and bring another backup in.