PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Byrd on the Pro Bowl Ballot?

Stewie
11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
As of right now, he still isn't. What gives?!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?

Here's your opportunity to do something productive. Petition the league to get our new star on the ballot asafp.

bigbub2352
11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Cause he plays for the Buffalo Bills

and isnt in line for a big contract yet thats the only time the Players Union makes sure they got someone on the ballott to excalate the contracts hence the Peters situation

DraftBoy
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Its a conspiracy.

jamze132
11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm sure it will be fixed soon, and if not, he can be written in. But I doubt there are enough fans to make a dent.

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2009, 10:55 AM
They probably read the thread here after the Bills drafted him.

The Jokeman
11-04-2009, 11:03 AM
In years past they had a write in option, I haven't looked at this year's ballot to see if there is one but you might want to try looking again and see if there's said option and fill out Byrd's name.

Jan Reimers
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
They probably were developed (and printed--not everything is done via the internet) before Byrd became a huge impact player.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2009, 11:12 AM
He's not on the ballot because by the time the ballot's were made out he wasn't a starter, was a rookie and an unknown.

He won't be on the ballot til next year.

DraftBoy
11-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Im sorry but sound logical answers are no longer allowed here.

Stewie
11-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I knew the answers guys I'm trying to get people excited about something positive over the bye week. Scott and Whitner are the bills saftey options. That should be changed immediately, while we're on a bye and can't possibly lose.

Griff
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I knew the answers guys I'm trying to get people excited about something positive over the bye week. Scott and Whitner are the bills saftey options. That should be changed immediately, while we're on a bye and can't possibly lose.

Scott and Whitner aren't huge problems they're just not playmaker stars. We need to worry more about the front 7, the OTs and the QB.

Stewie
11-04-2009, 01:35 PM
yeah, because you worrying will change anything.

however, you writing the NFL will get Byrd on the ballot

Dr. Pepper
11-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Cause he plays for the Buffalo Bills

that has nothing to do with it. Scott and Whitner are both on the ballot as safeties.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't care when they wrote it, he needs to be on there, anything less than that is an atrocity because he deserves to be in the pro bowl hands down.

T-Long
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Don't the players get to choose players too? I'm sure he will be one of those picked

TigerJ
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
They probably were developed (and printed--not everything is done via the internet) before Byrd became a huge impact player.Generally speaking, the NFL is not terribly quick to pick up on a rapidly emerging star. Back when Adrian Peterson was a rookie, he had the advantage of having been one of the top stars in college ball and being drafted high in round one. Then, he started games right out of the gate and immediately established a per game rushing yardage pace that guaranteed him a spot in the all time single season rankings. Byrd was less well known in college and barely got on the field in the first couple games of the season, and didn't really start having an impact until the last 4 games. Unless he suffers a season ending injury early in 2010, Byrd will almost certainly be on the ballot next season.