PDA

View Full Version : Please let us hire Mike Shanahan...

ublinkwescore
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
He is like the only coach with a winning record against Bill Belicheat.

DrGraves
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
amen

Demon
11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I think he's out of our price range. I still think he goes to Washington. i just don't think he wanted to join them mid-season.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I want Chucky to be the next Bills coach.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-04-2009, 08:12 PM
no chucky
no shanahan

yes cower

dream on

Luisito23
11-04-2009, 08:13 PM
MARTY BALL!!!!!!!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
MARTY BALL!!!!!!!

I would be happy with Marty

Ingtar33
11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I would be happy with Marty

I would be too. at least we'd be guaranteed to make the playoffs. It's been so long I wouldn't care if we went 5 straight years and got dumped in round one every year.

Nighthawk
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I would be too. at least we'd be guaranteed to make the playoffs. It's been so long I wouldn't care if we went 5 straight years and got dumped in round one every year.

Would there be a better story then Marty coming to Buffalo and both the Bills and him getting over the hump and winning their first Championships together??? Perfect fit...

realdealryan
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
2010 is Holmgren time. And I am ready.

Nighthawk
11-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm ready for a winner...whoever it is!!!!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-04-2009, 09:22 PM

What are playoffs?

Demon
11-04-2009, 09:23 PM
What are playoffs?

LMAO!

Nighthawk
11-04-2009, 09:53 PM
This one is just for Ublinkwescore...I've tried blinking as fast as I can and as much as I can, but we still haven't scored! Is there a trick to this? Maybe you should change your name to, ublinkwestillwontscore! :)

elltrain22
11-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Wish list for me is as follows:

1. Cowher
2. Shanny
3. Gruden
4. Holmgren

With that said, I have absolutely no faith in Ralph that he'll ink any of these guys b/c he's a cheap POS and won't get my hopes up b/c everytime he lets me down. I very, very, very much hope I'm wrong. Go Bills.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2009, 10:12 PM
He is like the only coach with a winning record against Bill Belicheat.
Can he bring John Elway or Jay Cutler with him?

Demon
11-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Can he bring John Elway or Jay Cutler with him?

No, but he's always build up great lines and picked RBs mid-late round who he turned into greats. Imagine what he could do with Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch?

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2009, 10:29 PM
i like me a holmgren. i would be pleased if the bills brought in marty though.

Demon
11-04-2009, 10:34 PM
i like me a holmgren. i would be pleased if the bills brought in marty though.

Same here. I'd like Holmgren over anyone. He's my #1 guy.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Holmgren rumors picking up any steam?

realdealryan
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Holmgren rumors picking up any steam?

I assumed that his "east coast" comment would basically seal the deal for Bills message boards since we are the next smallest city after GB. And Seattle has a pretty rabid fanbase also...

So, yeah, I've hitched my wagon to Holmgren time. Even after watching his team get dismantled by us a couple home openers back.

Treason
11-04-2009, 11:38 PM
If we land any ONE of these guys it's a huge score for the bills. They're all great coaches. They would change the culture of this disastrous embarrassment of a sports organization.

Night Train
11-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Ralph will promote Carol Shanahan, a 25 year employee of the ticket office and bump up her salary 8 %.

Dujek
11-05-2009, 05:18 AM
I'd love Holmgren, Marty Schottenheimer or Billick.

I'd be ecstatic if we got Gruden, Shanny or Cowher, but I really can't see that happening as they'd cost too much for Ralph.

Jan Reimers
11-05-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm ready for a winner...whoever it is!!!!
I'm ready for someone with a pulse.

ddaryl
11-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Cowher by far is my 1st choice...

but any of the top proven coaches would be a great start to a new era IMO

SABURZFAN
11-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Shanahan to the Bills is not happening. The Old Fart wants a "Yes" man.

BillsWin
11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/buffalobillsfan1989/edited.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/buffalobillsfan1989/12.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/buffalobillsfan1989/hh.jpg

I made the last one prior to this season. That is why it says '09.

soapman
11-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Wish list for me is as follows:

1. Cowher
2. Shanny
3. Gruden
4. Holmgren

With that said, I have absolutely no faith in Ralph that he'll ink any of these guys b/c he's a cheap POS and won't get my hopes up b/c everytime he lets me down. I very, very, very much hope I'm wrong. Go Bills.

Only problem is RWs list looks like this:

1. Jauronimo
2. Bobby April
3. AVP
4. Someone else willing to coach for minimum wage

Bill Cody
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
My take, not that it really matters:

The NFL is a young man's game for coaches. It's a totally consuming job. Shanahan did a fabulous job in Denver, then he got burned out and the Broncos got burned out with him. Don't get me wrong he's 1000 x the coach Jauron is. Same thing happened to Holmgren his last couple years in Seattle. Marty Shott is old and tired. You need to find a Sean Payton or a Josh Daniels to turn around the losing here, someone that's bright and has worked in a winning environment. I don't want an old retread myself. But I also don't want the coach being the GM either and some of the "big names" might demand that.

The only exception I would make is for Cowher. He did get burned out but he's not too old yet and he's had time to recharge the batteries. He also would bring a style of ball that fits Buffalo. We don't need a west coast guy for the snow and wind of Buffalo. Develop the defense and the lines, play smash mouth, have a draft philosophy that fits that. Cowher wants input into personnel as he should but he doesn't need to be the GM. He'd be worth the money IMO. But if Ralph won't pony up, as is likely, then you need to find a young stud.

ublinkwescore
11-29-2009, 11:58 AM

The NFL is a young man's game for coaches. It's a totally consuming job. Shanahan did a fabulous job in Denver, then he got burned out and the Broncos got burned out with him. Don't get me wrong he's 1000 x the coach Jauron is. Same thing happened to Holmgren his last couple years in Seattle. Marty Shott is old and tired. You need to find a Sean Payton or a Josh Daniels to turn around the losing here, someone that's bright and has worked in a winning environment. I don't want an old retread myself. But I also don't want the coach being the GM either and some of the "big names" might demand that.

The only exception I would make is for Cowher. He did get burned out but he's not too old yet and he's had time to recharge the batteries. He also would bring a style of ball that fits Buffalo. We don't need a west coast guy for the snow and wind of Buffalo. Develop the defense and the lines, play smash mouth, have a draft philosophy that fits that. Cowher wants input into personnel as he should but he doesn't need to be the GM. He'd be worth the money IMO. But if Ralph won't pony up, as is likely, then you need to find a young stud.

sometimes when we get burned out, all we need is a break, and we can come back even better.

ublinkwescore
11-29-2009, 11:58 AM

sometimes when we get burned out, all we need is a break, and we can come back even better.