• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Walterfootball has us picking...

McCoy, DT, Oklahoma at ten.

Then Jevon Snead in the second. (Man has he dropped.)

And then Rennie Curran, OLB, Georgia in the third.

Matt McGuire has us picking McCoy in the first as well, except at five.

And then Anthony Davis, LT, Rutgers. Must say, I love the second round pick. But i we pick at five and Suh isn't on the board, but Bradford is (which is the scenario in this draft, he has Bradford going 7th) you take Bradford every time, and then get him protection via Anthony Davis.

Sorry, I love McCoy and I know we need help on run defense, but we need a QB above all other needs right now.

Bradford, then Davis makes for two great picks and then we go defense, defense, defense.

i can't take another year of anemic offense.
    I am The Batman.
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Walterfootball has us picking...

I'll wait till the end of the year before I start putting QB's in my mocks. Right now it looks like we need a bonafide tackle prospect (or two) and a developmental WR on offense. Overall, I see our clearest need STILL at LB, possibly at both outside spots. Stroud is no longer who he was and we'll need a quality prospect to fill in to keep with Kyle Williams as starters.

Let's say Edwards rebounds in the 2nd half of the season. I would go LB, LT, DT, LB, WR, QB, FB. If not, obviously, we'll need to fill a few of these spots with FA signings.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
      shelby's big brother smilie smilie
      • Mar 2007

Don't forget CB....lol

Comment

• clumping platelets

There's more to the offseason than the draft

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

Jake Long and Ryan Clady made me believe that an OT can come into the league and become an immediate elite player and help make their team a winner.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco made me believe that a rookie QB can come into the league and make their team an immediate Super Bowl contender.

Unless something drastic is done in free agency or through a trade in the offseason or if the Bills don't pick an OT or QB with their first pick, then I am convinced that the front office is completely inept or they just don't give a **** about winning.

As far as defense, an upgrade is needed at linebacker. Unless the next Lawrence Taylor or Mike Singletary is there when the Bills pick, then this position will have to be left until later in the draft or the Bills will have to make due with what they have or with free agents.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Scumbag College
            Jake Long and Ryan Clady made me believe that an OT can come into the league and become an immediate elite player and help make their team a winner.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco made me believe that a rookie QB can come into the league and make their team an immediate Super Bowl contender.

Unless something drastic is done in free agency or through a trade in the offseason or if the Bills don't pick an OT or QB with their first pick, then I am convinced that the front office is completely inept or they just don't give a **** about winning.

As far as defense, an upgrade is needed at linebacker. Unless the next Lawrence Taylor or Mike Singletary is there when the Bills pick, then this position will have to be left until later in the draft or the Bills will have to make due with what they have or with free agents.
            and this ladies and gentlemen is what we call an intelligent post.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

Walter is high if he thinks we'll pick a DT in the first round.

Bryan Bulaga baby!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

he has us picking ryan mallet in the second

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
                  he has us picking ryan mallet in the second
                  Yeah, he probably changed it. He changes his draft daily.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by BillsWin
                    and this ladies and gentlemen is what we call an intelligent post.
                    How can you SAY that?

First, he apparently hasn't been convinced YET that the front office of this organization is completely inept!

Second, he apparently is fine with the fact that street FA and UDFAs can take turns filling in for Kawika Mitchell and us not have a drop off in LB play!

If we want playoffs, we need a top 12 front 7. Right now, only Aaron Schobel and Kyle Williams are of that caliber (sorry Stroud, Poz).

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

I say we go with a position of need...... cornerback or safety
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        Maybe not in this off season... cough-CBA-cough

I don't see Ralph spending real coin for significant upgrades at anything anyways. Our method is to add through the draft.

Some are even speculating that teams will dump vets once the cap floor drops out. I really hope Buffalo doesn't go that route, but I could see it.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College

Dont get me wrong, I really want a playmaking LB. But, QB and probably LT come first.

My only concern with LT is that we have a young guy were developing. We did this before with Peters and built a franchise LT. It usually takes years to make them good. Unless we assume that the reason Long, and Clady have done well so early is because they are just so much more talented than say Bell.

Are we positive Bell is that bad? I think he has shown some flashes. I think he has also settled down on his stupid penalties.

I want an OT, I'm not sure it has to be a LT or that it has to come from the 1st 2 rounds. Jason Fox is a guy I like and maybe he slips to round 3.

As far as LB, I like a few guys later. Muckelroy, Sturdivant, and Carter.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                            But who needs summer or Valentines day?
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

When is the last time that picking a defensive tackle in the top 10 has worked out for a team? I can only think of Ngata as being the exception to the rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X