PDA

View Full Version : Walterfootball has us picking...

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 10:39 PM
McCoy, DT, Oklahoma at ten.

Then Jevon Snead in the second. (Man has he dropped.)

And then Rennie Curran, OLB, Georgia in the third.

Matt McGuire has us picking McCoy in the first as well, except at five.

And then Anthony Davis, LT, Rutgers. Must say, I love the second round pick. But i we pick at five and Suh isn't on the board, but Bradford is (which is the scenario in this draft, he has Bradford going 7th) you take Bradford every time, and then get him protection via Anthony Davis.

Sorry, I love McCoy and I know we need help on run defense, but we need a QB above all other needs right now.

Bradford, then Davis makes for two great picks and then we go defense, defense, defense.

i can't take another year of anemic offense. :shoothead:

Oaf
11-04-2009, 10:57 PM
I'll wait till the end of the year before I start putting QB's in my mocks. Right now it looks like we need a bonafide tackle prospect (or two) and a developmental WR on offense. Overall, I see our clearest need STILL at LB, possibly at both outside spots. Stroud is no longer who he was and we'll need a quality prospect to fill in to keep with Kyle Williams as starters.

Let's say Edwards rebounds in the 2nd half of the season. I would go LB, LT, DT, LB, WR, QB, FB. If not, obviously, we'll need to fill a few of these spots with FA signings.

Oldbillsfan
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Don't forget CB....lol

clumping platelets
11-04-2009, 11:13 PM
There's more to the offseason than the draft

Scumbag College
11-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Jake Long and Ryan Clady made me believe that an OT can come into the league and become an immediate elite player and help make their team a winner.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco made me believe that a rookie QB can come into the league and make their team an immediate Super Bowl contender.

Unless something drastic is done in free agency or through a trade in the offseason or if the Bills don't pick an OT or QB with their first pick, then I am convinced that the front office is completely inept or they just don't give a **** about winning.

As far as defense, an upgrade is needed at linebacker. Unless the next Lawrence Taylor or Mike Singletary is there when the Bills pick, then this position will have to be left until later in the draft or the Bills will have to make due with what they have or with free agents.

BillsWin
11-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Jake Long and Ryan Clady made me believe that an OT can come into the league and become an immediate elite player and help make their team a winner.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco made me believe that a rookie QB can come into the league and make their team an immediate Super Bowl contender.

Unless something drastic is done in free agency or through a trade in the offseason or if the Bills don't pick an OT or QB with their first pick, then I am convinced that the front office is completely inept or they just don't give a **** about winning.

As far as defense, an upgrade is needed at linebacker. Unless the next Lawrence Taylor or Mike Singletary is there when the Bills pick, then this position will have to be left until later in the draft or the Bills will have to make due with what they have or with free agents.

and this ladies and gentlemen is what we call an intelligent post. :bf1:

realdealryan
11-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Walter is high if he thinks we'll pick a DT in the first round.

Bryan Bulaga baby!

BertSquirtgum
11-05-2009, 12:02 AM
he has us picking ryan mallet in the second

BillsWin
11-05-2009, 12:08 AM
he has us picking ryan mallet in the second

Yeah, he probably changed it. He changes his draft daily.

Oaf
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
and this ladies and gentlemen is what we call an intelligent post. :bf1:
How can you SAY that? :eek:

First, he apparently hasn't been convinced YET that the front office of this organization is completely inept!

Second, he apparently is fine with the fact that street FA and UDFAs can take turns filling in for Kawika Mitchell and us not have a drop off in LB play!

If we want playoffs, we need a top 12 front 7. Right now, only Aaron Schobel and Kyle Williams are of that caliber (sorry Stroud, Poz).

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-05-2009, 04:54 AM
I say we go with a position of need...... cornerback or safety

X-Era
11-05-2009, 06:06 AM
There's more to the offseason than the draft

Maybe not in this off season... cough-CBA-cough

I don't see Ralph spending real coin for significant upgrades at anything anyways. Our method is to add through the draft.

Some are even speculating that teams will dump vets once the cap floor drops out. I really hope Buffalo doesn't go that route, but I could see it.

X-Era
11-05-2009, 06:12 AM

Dont get me wrong, I really want a playmaking LB. But, QB and probably LT come first.

My only concern with LT is that we have a young guy were developing. We did this before with Peters and built a franchise LT. It usually takes years to make them good. Unless we assume that the reason Long, and Clady have done well so early is because they are just so much more talented than say Bell.

Are we positive Bell is that bad? I think he has shown some flashes. I think he has also settled down on his stupid penalties.

I want an OT, I'm not sure it has to be a LT or that it has to come from the 1st 2 rounds. Jason Fox is a guy I like and maybe he slips to round 3.

As far as LB, I like a few guys later. Muckelroy, Sturdivant, and Carter.

yordad
11-05-2009, 07:59 AM
There's more to the offseason than the draftBut who needs summer or Valentines day?

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
When is the last time that picking a defensive tackle in the top 10 has worked out for a team? I can only think of Ngata as being the exception to the rule.

DraftBoy
11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Clearly Walter has this one right.

Jan Reimers
11-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Just say no to Jevon Snead.

BillsWin
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Draft Boy loves Snead. :couch:

Jan Reimers
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Maybe he just had a very bad year. Everytime I watched him play, he was pathetic.

BillsWin
11-05-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree Jan. but Im a Bradford or bust guy. I think we should do everything in our power to get "our guy" and I truly believe that guy is Bradford. Call me biased because I know the kid personally, call me insane, but I think Buffalo would absolutely fall in love with his attitude and style of play. Plus he'd get us winning again. Just my opinion.

Mahdi
11-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll wait till the end of the year before I start putting QB's in my mocks. Right now it looks like we need a bonafide tackle prospect (or two) and a developmental WR on offense. Overall, I see our clearest need STILL at LB, possibly at both outside spots. Stroud is no longer who he was and we'll need a quality prospect to fill in to keep with Kyle Williams as starters.

Let's say Edwards rebounds in the 2nd half of the season. I would go LB, LT, DT, LB, WR, QB, FB. If not, obviously, we'll need to fill a few of these spots with FA signings.
Clearest need at LB? I want to get into the playoffs within the next 3 years.

TigerJ
11-05-2009, 12:29 PM
McCoy, DT, Oklahoma at ten.

Then Jevon Snead in the second. (Man has he dropped.)

And then Rennie Curran, OLB, Georgia in the third.

Matt McGuire has us picking McCoy in the first as well, except at five.

And then Anthony Davis, LT, Rutgers. Must say, I love the second round pick. But i we pick at five and Suh isn't on the board, but Bradford is (which is the scenario in this draft, he has Bradford going 7th) you take Bradford every time, and then get him protection via Anthony Davis.

Sorry, I love McCoy and I know we need help on run defense, but we need a QB above all other needs right now.

Bradford, then Davis makes for two great picks and then we go defense, defense, defense.

i can't take another year of anemic offense. :shoothead:

There is no question where the Bills are weakest, and I agree wholeheartedly that Buffalo has to make a concerted effort to address that as early as possible.

YoungEz
11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Snead might be grabbed in the 5th unless he turns it around with his work outs and combine

DraftBoy
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM

Not loves but he has all the tools you need. Arm, Size, Accuracy, and Touch.

This year has been ATROCIOUS, but you can't just ignore last year either where he was very good. Id like to see him out of Nutt's offense though at the Senior Bowl in a more conventional setting. I think he could excel at that more so than in Nutt's offense.

BillsWin
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Not loves but he has all the tools you need. Arm, Size, Accuracy, and Touch.

This year has been ATROCIOUS, but you can't just ignore last year either where he was very good. Id like to see him out of Nutt's offense though at the Senior Bowl in a more conventional setting. I think he could excel at that more so than in Nutt's offense.

Do you think Snead would be available in the second?

DraftBoy
11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Do you think Snead would be available in the second?
I think he'll be available in the 3rd.

BillsWin
11-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I think he'll be available in the 3rd.

My oh my how fast one's draft stock can fall.

Demon
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM

For every Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, how many first year starters is there who totally fall flat on their face? Mark Sanchez isn't doing all that well. Matt Stafford just got boo'ed last week in Detroit. And Flacco was spoon fed in Baltimore first year. They didn't have him many too many hard throws. Made him play a very simple game and allow the defense and running game to win games.

Miami_Vice
11-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Miami Dolphin fan here. I gotta say I would be pretty hesitant to draft Bradford if I was Buffalo.

He has already had a couple of serious shoulder injuries and he is still in college. That would throw up some red flags for me.

Just imagine if Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher rocked him. That wouldnt end well lol.

Bradford seems really fragile in my opinion.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Snead's accuracy scares the hell out of me, seriously 51%?????? Is there any QB in the pros with similar collegiate stats? Henne?

BillsWin
11-07-2009, 11:27 PM
You think Oklahoma is missing Bradford right now? The debacle in Lincoln has these crazy Okies up in arms tonight.

k-oneputt
11-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Miami Dolphin fan here. I gotta say I would be pretty hesitant to draft Bradford if I was Buffalo.

He has already had a couple of serious shoulder injuries and he is still in college. That would throw up some red flags for me.

Just imagine if Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher rocked him. That wouldnt end well lol.

Bradford seems really fragile in my opinion.

I don't think you understand. This franchise, with their superior wisdom in the front office, likes taking injury plaqued college players. They actually think they are something special and can turn these injury problems around. We have a qb currently who had an injury history in college. We took a rb in the 1st round who blew out his knee and couldn't even siut up for a year. We traded up for a 1st rd. d-lineman who had injury problems in college, guess what, he still has them. So blowing another 1st rd. pick on an injury plaqued player is nothing around here. I actually expect it with these morons.

kernowboy
11-08-2009, 02:36 AM
On the same site, Matt McGuire has us doing this

Round 1
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Bruce Campbell, T, Maryland http://www.walterfootball.com/college/Maryland_logo.gif
The Bills need a blindside protector. There is no quarterback worthy of this pick and they need to find a way to protect their quarterback. Dick Jauron is as good as fired, and I think the new head coach will want to invest in one of the most imporant positions in football. Campbell is an athletic freak and plays with great technique, so don't be shocked if he is ultimately a top-six pick.

R2

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Daryl Washington, OLB, TCU http://www.walterfootball.com/college/TCU_logo.gif
Washington is good value here and gives the Bills another playmaker on defense.

He reckons Clausen (Browns), Locker (Rams) and Bradford (Redskins) will go ahead of us and Mallett (Seahawks) in R1, and Pike going behind us in R2. He doesn't think Tebow can be a QB in the league

That means in R3, Snead, Jamaal White (West Virginia) Christian Ponder (Florida St) and Pat Devlin (Delaware) would be available. Colt McCoy is now considered a low Day2 pick.

Personally I'd prefer a QB in R2 - Pike or Devlin and then a LB like Sean Lee who could also play in a 3-4 in the 3rd

DraftBoy
11-08-2009, 09:40 AM
On the same site, Matt McGuire has us doing this

Round 1
http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Bruce Campbell, T, Maryland http://www.walterfootball.com/college/Maryland_logo.gif
The Bills need a blindside protector. There is no quarterback worthy of this pick and they need to find a way to protect their quarterback. Dick Jauron is as good as fired, and I think the new head coach will want to invest in one of the most imporant positions in football. Campbell is an athletic freak and plays with great technique, so don't be shocked if he is ultimately a top-six pick.

R2

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Daryl Washington, OLB, TCU http://www.walterfootball.com/college/TCU_logo.gif
Washington is good value here and gives the Bills another playmaker on defense.

He reckons Clausen (Browns), Locker (Rams) and Bradford (Redskins) will go ahead of us and Mallett (Seahawks) in R1, and Pike going behind us in R2. He doesn't think Tebow can be a QB in the league

That means in R3, Snead, Jamaal White (West Virginia) Christian Ponder (Florida St) and Pat Devlin (Delaware) would be available. Colt McCoy is now considered a low Day2 pick.

Personally I'd prefer a QB in R2 - Pike or Devlin and then a LB like Sean Lee who could also play in a 3-4 in the 3rd

You're assuming Jarrett Brown, Christian Ponder, and Pat Devlin declare. All are junior eligible prospects.

kernowboy
11-08-2009, 11:06 AM
So are Clausen, Locker and Mallett