• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Is Football Viable in Jacksonville??

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The RVs -- some of them had been lined up for days -- rolled into Lot E of Jacksonville Municipal Stadium at dawn last Wednesday.
    More than 80 hours later, The World's Largest Outdoor ****tail Party, a teeming melting pot of red and orange and blue, finally kicked off. The University of Georgia sprinted onto the field with black helmets, but the University of Florida ran the Bulldogs out of the building, 41-17.
    The uber-intense annual rivalry was witnessed by 84,604 fanatics and a national audience on CBS. Afterward, the temporary bleachers in the south end zone were removed, and covers were placed over some sections in the upper deck.
    On Sunday, when the Kansas City Chiefs visit the Jacksonville Jaguars, the crowd is likely to be less than half the size of that swirling Florida-Georgia constituency. It will be the league-leading fourth blackout for the Jaguars, who might well complete the season without a home game on local television; the eight blackouts team officials foresee would be one fewer than the entire NFL total in 2008.

The real prospect of a season-long local TV blackout is among many signs that the NFL-Jacksonville marriage might be failing, Greg Garber writes.

I really feel like we are much less of an option to move than them, what with these terrible numbers of theirs.

• yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Is Football Viable in Jacksonville??

No. Move them.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      • Apr 2008

good job jacksonville!!! keep it up! the LA Jags sounds great!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The RVs -- some of them had been lined up for days -- rolled into Lot E of Jacksonville Municipal Stadium at dawn last Wednesday.
        More than 80 hours later, The World's Largest Outdoor ****tail Party, a teeming melting pot of red and orange and blue, finally kicked off. The University of Georgia sprinted onto the field with black helmets, but the University of Florida ran the Bulldogs out of the building, 41-17.
        The uber-intense annual rivalry was witnessed by 84,604 fanatics and a national audience on CBS. Afterward, the temporary bleachers in the south end zone were removed, and covers were placed over some sections in the upper deck.
        On Sunday, when the Kansas City Chiefs visit the Jacksonville Jaguars, the crowd is likely to be less than half the size of that swirling Florida-Georgia constituency. It will be the league-leading fourth blackout for the Jaguars, who might well complete the season without a home game on local television; the eight blackouts team officials foresee would be one fewer than the entire NFL total in 2008.

The real prospect of a season-long local TV blackout is among many signs that the NFL-Jacksonville marriage might be failing, Greg Garber writes.

I really feel like we are much less of an option to move than them, what with these terrible numbers of theirs.

Hahahahaha, classic...

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

I still do not understand why **** is forbidden on this site. I can't even say ****pit, ****tail, or **** n' balls...

But I can say dicklicker.
          Last edited by jamze132; 11-05-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

If you have to cover up seats, you might as well pack you're bags.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Raptor
              • Jan 2009

Like I said no worries about L.A. the Jags are destined for there...Toronto on the other hand....

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

unfortunately, someone knew what they were doing on Jax's lease- check this out:

It's an old article but the facts are still true. It would be extremely difficult for Jax to break that lease.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  unfortunately, someone knew what they were doing on Jax's lease- check this out:

It's an old article but the facts are still true. It would be extremely difficult for Jax to break that lease.

Given enough time, money, and lawyers, I'm sure loopholes can be found to make that thing null and void.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                    Given enough time, money, and lawyers, I'm sure loopholes can be found to make that thing null and void.
                    very true, but is someone going to go through all that trouble when they could just grab Buffalo without any of those hurdles?

Clearly, the Bills have more support than the Jags at the moment, and if a franchise is going to be moved, Jax would be a more logical choice. But if a new ownership group wants to get a team to LA without paying up the ass to break a lease and cutting a bunch of red tape, suddenly Buffalo becomes the more viable option.

Of course, the reality is that in 5 years, Jacksonville will be playing in LA and Buffalo will be playing in Toronto, so it really doesn't matter.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Jacksonville is so desperate, they may even draft Tim Tebow top 10 no matter who's on the draft board. lol
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                        • Oct 2002

very true, but is someone going to go through all that trouble when they could just grab Buffalo without any of those hurdles?

Clearly, the Bills have more support than the Jags at the moment, and if a franchise is going to be moved, Jax would be a more logical choice. But if a new ownership group wants to get a team to LA without paying up the ass to break a lease and cutting a bunch of red tape, suddenly Buffalo becomes the more viable option.

Of course, the reality is that in 5 years, Jacksonville will be playing in LA and Buffalo will be playing in Toronto, so it really doesn't matter.
                        I agree that the legalities and red tape might make Buffalo a more viable team to move to LA, but I don't see the NFL being in Los Angeles for at least around a decade from now.

The state of California is close to being in absolute chaos right now with their financial woes. With Dallas' new gigantic monstrosity possibly being a benchmark of all new stadiums in the NFL, I don't see Gov. Arnold setting aside any state funds for such a project. I also don't see any private investor(s) spending close to a billion dollars without an NFL team there already there to build basically a "spec" stadium.

I honestly don't think we're going to see any NFL relocation in the immediate future just because of the state of the economy.
                        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

What about the Oakland? They should be the first to jet set over to LA. They are a horrible franchise, and can not sell out games.

A few years back when the Bills played in Oakland for what was their home opener, I was able to walk up to the ticket booth 2 hours before the game and buy 4 tickets on the 50 yard line 3 rows from the field. (My life was threatened several times as well with my Bills jersey on)

Doesn't look like the attendance record is any better this year either.

Stadium capacity is 63,026

Week 1 San Diego (an in-state team and home opener) - 61,940 in attendance
                          Week 3 vs Denver - 45,602
                          Week 6 vs Philly - 49,642
                          Week 7 vs NY Jets - 39,354

The fans do not even deserve a team with those numbers.
                          Last edited by zone; 11-06-2009, 05:55 AM.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                            I agree that the legalities and red tape might make Buffalo a more viable team to move to LA, but I don't see the NFL being in Los Angeles for at least around a decade from now.

The state of California is close to being in absolute chaos right now with their financial woes. With Dallas' new gigantic monstrosity possibly being a benchmark of all new stadiums in the NFL, I don't see Gov. Arnold setting aside any state funds for such a project. I also don't see any private investor(s) spending close to a billion dollars without an NFL team there already there to build basically a "spec" stadium.

I honestly don't think we're going to see any NFL relocation in the immediate future just because of the state of the economy.
                            The Governator has already greased the wheels...

The official website of California Governor Gavin Newsom. Read how the Governor, his administration, and the First Partner are working toward a California for All.

LA will have a team well before 2019.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

The Bills will always have more support then the JAGS...
                              There are probably more Bills fans that live in the satate of FLORIDA then there JAGS fans that live in Florida. One thing you always have to remember is there are BILLS fansd everywhere because people leave Western NY everyday and move south..........They will always have the support nation wide.....

FL is such a fair weather state for sports just because how transit it is......
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X