PDA

View Full Version : Feel Good Story: Grant Irons

Romes
09-02-2002, 06:28 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=125123

Great read. Really makes you want to root for the guy (besides the fact that he is a Bill). I'll sure be rooting for him to succeed (sp?).

I realize its early to tell but ever since we signed him as a rookie FA, I had a feeling that we picked up a very solid player in Irons. Not that its any indication but the article states that he hung out a lot with Mike Williams, Coy Wire, and Josh Reed. Who just so happen to be 3 rookies that have earned a starting spots on the team. Hopefully he can become the fourth.

:gobills:

casdhf
09-02-2002, 06:49 PM
I was psyched the day we signed him. I really liked this guy at ND

Novacane
09-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Nice story. The thing that stuck out to me when I went to the 2 pre-season games was that he was about a head taller than anyone else out there. Maybe he can knock down a few passes.

RedEyE
09-02-2002, 07:59 PM
This kid is tough. SEPERATED HIS SHOULDER 3X IN ONE GAME.

casdhf
09-02-2002, 08:01 PM
And he wears a Visor all the time :up:

TigerJ
09-02-2002, 10:12 PM
I think he didn't get drafted because he wasn't thought to be real athletic. He was nicked up a lot. Maybe the frequent injuries hampered his ability to show much. If he can stay healthy, maybe we got a gem.

venis2k1
09-02-2002, 10:15 PM
would be nice, didnt we pick up pat williams as a unsigned free agent?

TigerJ
09-02-2002, 10:20 PM
Say, I just thought of something. Warren Buffet is Grant Irons' buddy. If Irons becomes a fixture on the team and gets attached to the team and the city, maybe when Uncle Ralph is gone and the family has to sell the team because of the "death tax" Warren Buffett will buy the team and keep it in Buffalo. Few people in the US have deeper than Buffett, the Wizard of Wall Street.