PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Kane

Nighthawk
11-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I was listening to Sirius Radio while driving home tonight and they were interviewing a commentator from Chicago about the likelyhood of the Hawks signing all of their Free Agents...of course we're talking about Toews & Kane. The interesting thing he said was that he believe it might be tough for them to resign Kane because he knows that Kane would like to play in Buffalo. This guy went on to say that he could see the Sabres making a push to get Kane. I would absolutely LOVE this move and it would be amazing to have one of the best players in the NHL on this team and he's a Buffalo boy!

Get this thing done!

Demon
11-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Sabres are going to have boat loads of salary cap next summer so i see it as a possibility. Chicago can not afford everyone. We have some decent prospects on the way too, both on defense and at forward so losing several first round picks will not put us behind at all. I'm talking about Zach Kassian, Luke Adam and Tyler Ennis. I think all 3 have potential to be studs.

OpIv37
11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
All the Sabres have to do is beat the Blackhawks' offer by 20 cents and they're good to go.

bigbub2352
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
huge if anything would put a big big smile on the fan base

Crisis
11-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't be surprised, supposedly Darcy tried EXTREMELY hard to move up to #1 when he was drafted.

And Chicago is in the same boat we were a couple years ago- when you have to pay all the young talent on your team. They can't keep everyone, and they already have a lot of money committed to Huet, Campbell, and Hossa.

RockStar36
11-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Chicago is going to be in cap hell next year. At the very least they have Toews, Kane, and Duncan Keith all hitting restricted free agency.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2009, 11:26 AM
My buddy is a HUUUUGE Hawks fan and follows them religiously. His opinion is that the Hawks will do anything possible to keep both Kane and Toews but if they had to pick just one it is Toews. Kane would be the god of the city if he came back!!!!

DMBcrew36
11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I would pick Kane over Toews

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I would pick Kane over Toews
I would too but only because the Buffalo Connection. I think toews is the more valuable all around player/leader though.

DMBcrew36
11-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I would too but only because the Buffalo Connection. I think toews is the more valuable all around player/leader though.

Toews and Kane are about equal points-per-game players, both in regular season and playoffs, but Toews is a slightly more defensively-minded player, judging by his slightly better +/- last year. I guess Toews might have the edge - he's also a bit bigger than Kane.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Toews and Kane are about equal points-per-game players, both in regular season and playoffs, but Toews is a slightly more defensively-minded player, judging by his slightly better +/- last year. I guess Toews might have the edge - he's also a bit bigger than Kane.
Yep and from what I have read he is the captain and leader of the team even at such a young age. Both are great of course!!!

SabreEleven
11-07-2009, 08:54 AM
All the Sabres have to do is beat the Blackhawks' offer by 20 cents and they're good to go.

Ouch....

Actually I was thinking about this. I'd bet Kane would give the Sabres a little bit of a hometown discount...

ddaryl
11-07-2009, 02:25 PM
If the Blackhawks know they are going to lose him then is there a chance the Sabres can find away to get him here before the trade deadline for our Cup run this year.

Adding a talent like Kane could definitley be a heluva coup... but what will Chicago want in return.

or do we just wait for the FA period ???

chernobylwraiths
11-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm actually not sure if I would want Kane here. That's an awful lot of pressure to put on the hometown kid.

Then there is the fact that we don't have an aggressive front office when it comes to signing free agents.

OpIv37
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Ouch....

Actually I was thinking about this. I'd bet Kane would give the Sabres a little bit of a hometown discount...

that would rule.

DMBcrew36
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm actually not sure if I would want Kane here. That's an awful lot of pressure to put on the hometown kid.

Then there is the fact that we don't have an aggressive front office when it comes to signing free agents.

The kid is already the face of the league for U.S. born players. He can handle it. He's been been dealing with the media and pressure in a major city, much larger than Buffalo, as the face of the team. He would also have two other Buffalo boys on the team with him here. It wouldn't be that big of deal - certainly easier than playing for a Canadian team.

chernobylwraiths
11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
The kid is already the face of the league for U.S. born players. He can handle it. He's been been dealing with the media and pressure in a major city, much larger than Buffalo, as the face of the team. He would also have two other Buffalo boys on the team with him here. It wouldn't be that big of deal - certainly easier than playing for a Canadian team.

I just really don't want him.

And I think the face of US born players is more Miller than Kane. Especially after the arrest.

Michael82
11-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Oh man, that would be awesome! Maybe we can trade for him at the deadline too, for our playoff run.... :drool:

Captain Obvious
11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Kane would be the god of the city if he came back!!!!

Yes... And only further and perpetuate his attitude that he can treat the common folk like dirt

THATHURMANATOR
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes... And only further and perpetuate his attitude that he can treat the common folk like dirt
Can't argue that. Cabbies will be getting ***** slapped left and right.

RockStar36
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
They aren't getting him at the deadline. For one, Chicago is going for the Cup this year and isn't going to just get rid of Kane to help out the Sabres.

Two, Kane is hitting RFA next season so Chicago isn't going to dump him this season for peanuts. They will wait till someone makes an offer in the summer and then decide to match it. If they don't match it or can't, they will get a boatload of draft picks for compensation.

SabreEleven
11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Draft picks are useless unless you are in the top 5. The Sabres should go for it.

Meathead
11-14-2009, 05:32 PM
my online thirteen year old girl personality is very excited

JD
11-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Gerbe and a 2nd for Kane!

DMBcrew36
11-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Gerbe and a 2nd for Kane!

That wouldn't be enough for Chicago I bet. I wouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to get him right now, either. If he's going 'to be had', it's in free agency, either making an offer to him when he's restricted or unrestricted.

Crisis
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
That's nowhere close to enough lol.

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Gerbe, 3 firsts, Ennis and Weber MAYBE........(probably not enough)

RockStar36
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Gerbe, 3 firsts, Ennis and Weber MAYBE........(probably not enough)

OR they just wait until he hits free agency.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2009, 11:49 AM
OR they just wait until he hits free agency.
Right but they were talking about trading for him prior too. It is a pretty much 100% guarantee they won't trade him.

RockStar36
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't think it was ever in doubt, but I'm hearing that talks between the Chicago Blackhawks and star forwards Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are going very well and that both sides are close to a deal. Both players are slated for restricted free agency July 1, and other GMs were salivating at the chance at plunking down offer sheets for them, but that's not going to happen. I would expect an announcement sometime in the next two weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4655239&name=lebrun_pierre

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4655239&name=lebrun_pierre
BOOOOOOO

just what my buddy said would happen though.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Report: Blackhawks to sign Kane, Toews, Keith

According to a report in the Chicago Tribune, the Blackhawks are set to sign Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith to contract extensions.

The Tribune reports the signings of the forwards, both restricted free agents after the season, are expected in the next day or two.

In addition, the Hawks are said to be near an agreement with defenseman Duncan Keith, and the team could announce all three signings as early as Tuesday.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=506414