• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Who Needs to Go

DE: Denney, Ellis. Denney is a joke, and Ellis hasn't proven anything.
    DT: Williams as a starter, McCargo. Williams is a flash in the pan, had faith in him, but injury and a good run stuffer would be nice.
    OLB: Corto, Ellison as a starter. Ellison is London Fletcher incarnate. Corto is still on the team... why?
    CB: At this point, I'd like to say Corner, though he has shown promise. Too early. Youboty if he keeps getting injured.
    S: Wendling. Star ST players are a dime a dozen. Regular ST players can be on the practice squad.

With that out of the way, how do we improve this defense?

Schob and Kelsay are getting up in age, Stroud needs a beast next to him. Buggs showed promise, Kawika is edgy, Poz healthy is good but injury prone, while the secondary looks pretty good in pass protection but terrible in the run game.

What do we do in day ! of the draft or FA?
    Bye Bye Brady...
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Who Needs to Go

You're better of with a who should stay thread....
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Guys I would definitely keep no matter what: Byrd, Poz, Stroud, McKelvin, Mcgee, Maybin (so far he sucks, but it's too soon to give up on him)

Guys I can live with: Schobel, Kelsay, Kyle Williams, Whitner, Draft, Corner

Guys I'd get rid of: Everyone else.

I realize we can't get rid of that many players at once, but so few of the new guys have shown promise and so few of the other guys have shown adequacy. Ellison and Mitchell both suck. Scott is average at best. Wilson is a career back up. Denney is ok as a back up, Ellis sucks, Spencer Johnson sucks, McCargo is the definition of "bust."

The guys in my first group should consider their jobs safe. Everyone else should consider their jobs on the line if an adequate replacement can be found. And some guys should be flat-out cut no matter what. How can this team justify cutting Langston Walker with only a practice squad guy to back him up, yet keep Keith Ellison with Buggs, Harris and Bowen behind him?

And as far as Day 1 of the Draft or FA, go offense. As bad as this D is, it's been good enough to keep us in most of the games until the 4th quarter. The O is in far worse shape. On O, I'd keep Lynch and Jackson on merit, and Wood, Levitre, Nelson, Hardy, Nelson and Steve Johnson on potential- that's it.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

How is anyone down on Kyle Williams? I just dont see anything to be unhappy about.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Mitchell, Ellison should both be sent packing. Defensive line could use some changes but overall it's not too bad.

Our secondary is really the only exceptional thing about this team, and that just might be because everyone can run on us.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
            How is anyone down on Kyle Williams? I just dont see anything to be unhappy about.
            I also like Kyle Williams. I def think he can be a useful player on almost any team. And, i actually like Spencer Johnson in the current role he's at right now. I wouldn't mind bringing him back for depth.

The one player i've been very happy with has been Florance. I think he's been playing awesome ever since he returned from injury and has been a very big bright spot on defense, that's over looked because Bryd is making all the INTs. Florance is shutting guys down though.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Is it a mere coincidence that the D has been light years better since Whitner and Mitchell got hurt?

Comment

• Dujek
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2008

The D hasn't been better since Whitner got hurt. He was (finally) making plays and really helping the run game before he went out. Just look at the difference between the Bills in the first half and the second half against the Saints.

However Byrd coming in has certainly helped the pass D, and I honestly think that if Whitner can get healthy and Byrd keeps up his performances that we're set at safety for the next few years.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Is it a mere coincidence that the D has been light years better since Whitner and Mitchell got hurt?
                  The Whitner/Scott injuries gave Byrd the chance to get on the field. When Whitner returns, he will team with Byrd to give us a very strong safety tandem. Mitchell is terrible, however, and the absense of his poor tackling techniques makes us better.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Realistically, the defense needs three new starters: 1 run stuffing DT, and 2 LBs. Kyle Williams is fine for depth and maybe some of the young linebackers can be retained for depth, but the D needs starting caliber options in front of them. I think at least one of the linebackers needs to be a decent free agent.

The secondary is fine as long as guys are retained. I would be pissed if they use a high draft pick on a DB again this year given more pressing needs on the defense and offense.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Guys I would definitely keep no matter what: Byrd, Poz, Stroud, McKelvin, Mcgee, Maybin (so far he sucks, but it's too soon to give up on him)

Guys I can live with: Schobel, Kelsay, Kyle Williams, Whitner, Draft, Corner

Guys I'd get rid of: Everyone else.
                      Replace ****ner with Ellison, and your list would be perfect. I don't love Ellison as a starter, but seeing as how our LB's get hurt every year, we need a quality backup who can come off the bench and not kill us. Ellison is that guy.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Before i make my list i want it stated that some of these guys low productivity is due to the fact that our stupid front office and staff have put in schemes that dont fit the players we currently have on the roster that being said
                        we should ax tomorrow:

Chris Kelsay- dont care what the media says he sucks is below avg and contributes very litte each yr

Ryan Denney- media hyped backup who is a complete bum

Kawika Mitchell- PLaying the the wrong scheme in the wrong position and probably would be better suited in a 4-3 at MLB or 3-4 at MLB

Poz- vastly overrated and media hyped, plays out of control is engulfed by blockers and is playing the wrong scheme needs to move to OLB or MLB in a 3-4 or replaced if a new regime comes in

Whitner- Media hyed bust arm tackler liability in coverage over the top, terrible in the box, makes no impact o nthe feild and is injury prone

McKelvin- another bust i hated the pick then and i hate it now, was ripped on the feild during his rookie campaign but the media did a good job of hyping him up cause he was standout on KO, but only really made plays against KC last yr and has been picked on ever since

Ellison-comeplete bum or backup he is too small to play LBer in the NFL gets destroyed and run over at the point of attack needs to be replaced

John McCargo- complete bust, horrible against the run and provides no pass rush also INjury Prone

Chris Ellis- another bust, horrible and small at point of attack against run and has that famous banana route to the QB that we love to watch Kelsay Denney and Schobel do over and over again nice work Chuck Lester! News Flash it doesnt work they need secondary pass rush moves cause they are all to small to try and bull rush after they are engulfed

Ashton Youboty- Injury prone bust, cant get on the feild when healthy now

Marcus Buggs- laughable he was even on the roster what a joke

Chris Draft- Maybe 5 yrs ago thanks he is terrible now

Someone get Corey Mace off the PS already how many times does a guy need to be cut form a 7-9 team to show he sucks?

We need lots of help and a new scheme to ever beconsidered a true top 10 D, we need better LBers and a stout playmaking DT and better pass rush from our DEs i think with the current players on our roster we are better suited to transition to a 3-4scheme once a real coaching staff takes over

Something has to change unless u like giving up 1000 rushing yds in 5 games
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                        X