• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Disturbing Column: "The Real Biggest Reason The Bills Don't Win"

This is WITHOUT question one of the most disturbing things I've ever written. As I uncovered some facts from research, I honestly felt my stomach turning.

Incredible this many mi****s could happen.

LINK

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Disturbing Column: "The Real Biggest Reason The Bills Don't Win"

Coaching has been our biggest problem more than anything else.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I disagree.

Coaching is bad, but some of the obvious and not so obvious mistakes we've made every April has left us a roster not even close to what it could be.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

It's hard to say if it is purely drafting or the organization more as a whole.

Yes their were obvious bad moves, but who is to say if we drafted a few of the players that turned out to be better pros they would have succeeded here in Buffalo under this organization or just get swept up in the whirlwind of suck that is being generated from the owner on down....

but I agree the entire house does need to be cleaned top to bottom... and it all begins with Ralph. The sad part is we don;t know if the Bills will continue to exist without Ralph

so yes it is very depressing

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

When you draft Duke Preston and Jason Brown is picked two spots later at the same spot.

WHen you draft Chris Kelsay and Osi Umenyiora is picked right after as the very next DE.

It means you can't draft for ****.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            When you draft Duke Preston and Jason Brown is picked two spots later at the same spot.

WHen you draft Chris Kelsay and Osi Umenyiora is picked right after as the very next DE.

It means you can't draft for ****.

what I am saying is we were to draft Osi Umenyiora or Jason Brown that they would both end up sucking here in Buffalo because we would coach them into craptopia, and surround them with craptacular FA's etc...

the problem is festering all the way down and into the product on the field in more ways then just drafting...

I think a few players we did pick that didn't or haven't done well in Buffalo might have turned out to be much better players had they been drafted by another team.

but of course our drafting has been highly suspect.. Everyone here knows this already and we've had numerous discussions about it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I disagree.

Coaching is bad, but some of the obvious and not so obvious mistakes we've made every April has left us a roster not even close to what it could be.
              why is it that BB and Josh Mcdaniels can grab a qb who wasn't drafted as high as Cuttler and make it work? You can argue that Orton is even doing better than Cuttler.

The broncos are ranked 11th in rushing with a rookie leading the way.

the broncos were ranked 29 last year defensively under Shanahan and are now ranked no.1.

I refuse to believe that we drafted nothing but scrubs thoughout the years. We just had coaches who don't know what to do with the talent we have.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-06-2009, 10:37 AM.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

When you draft Mike Williams at #4 and B. McKinnie is drafted three spots later......well you get the idea.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

When you draft Whitner at #8 and Ngata goes a couple of picks later......well you get the idea.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Seems like we seldom draft at our biggest positions of need, even when there are good players available. And when we do draft the right position, we take the wrong player.

Hindsight is alway 20/20, but the Bills seem to miss more than most teams.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment. I've been saying all along that Modrak has been the common denominator in this LONG string of failure.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

Good breakdown Pat.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• JoeSelkirk
                          • Jan 2006

Ooh, hey look, a coulda woulda shoulda thread...

I'll insert the obligatory "If my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle"

Pat, you're usually very inciteful, but you're reaching for a story here...
                          and you didn't even mention Eric Flowers... that one's awesome!
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Member of the "Bills in '11 Club"
                          Former member of the "Bills in '10 Club"
                          Former member of the "Bills in '09 Club"
                          Former member of the "Bills in '08 Club"
                          Former member of the "Bills in '07 Club"

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

That's my buddy Tony in your picture.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

"Hindsight is 20/20" is the standard retort to ideas like this, but the other teams that drafted those players the Bills missed out on had the foresight to draft them. The draft is about which teams have the best foresight. The teams with the best foresight win more. So I demand foresight. The draft results prove the Bills don't have it.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X