PDA

View Full Version : Roth: State of the franchise has Talley tweeting mad

Demon
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091104/BILLSDECADE/91104023/-1/billsdecade/Leo-Roth--State-of-the-franchise-has-Talley-tweeting-mad

A good article from Leo Roth about how upset Darryl Talley is about the current state of the Bills.

Commissioner
11-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Players like him are why the 90's were so special... which i was a little older to appreciate it that much more.

Thanks Ralph for firing Bill Polian.

don137
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
The problem is no one on the Bills are mad or seem to care they are losing. Talley has that winnng attitude. These players are like their coach, "we tried hard u fell up short." No passion on this team. A bunch of guys collecting a paycheck and that's it.

The King
11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
The problem is no one on the Bills are mad or seem to care they are losing. Talley has that winnng attitude. These players are like their coach, "we tried hard u fell up short." No passion on this team. A bunch of guys collecting a paycheck and that's it.That's a majority of NFL players these days. There are only a handful that take every loss personally.

jpdex12
11-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Completely agree with the new age players being less competitive or so it may seem.

Should be all jump ship and become Steeler's fans? They don't seem to have that problem.

Jeff1220
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
There were more guys back then that had the drive that someone like Ray Lewis has now. They wanted their unit to be like family who laid it on the line 100% for each other to win. The teams had a collective attitude. Most guys now worry more about how their current hangnail will affect the possibility of the next big contract.
I see it in high school sports all the time, and it is starting to carry over into today's professional sports too - many athletes today are soft. Many people are soft. We live in an age where so many kids are coddled to an absurd extent that the toughness that creates competitors is an endangered species. The modern athlete is a physical specimen, but is also mentally fragile.

Demon
11-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Players like him are why the 90's were so special... which i was a little older to appreciate it that much more.

Thanks Ralph for firing Bill Polian.

Agreed. I knew Frank Reich was the Colts QB coach, but didn't realize until i read in the article that Pete Metzelaars is also a coach in Indy. It's pretty interesting to me that we're always struggling to fix our front office and never have the right coaches, yet, we have some former players who are more then capable, coaching else where. Just proves how our front office is such garbage. Why isn't atleast one of them coaching here?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Agreed. I knew Frank Reich was the Colts QB coach, but didn't realize until i read in the article that Pete Metzelaars is also a coach in Indy. It's pretty interesting to me that we're always struggling to fix our front office and never have the right coaches, yet, we have some former players who are more then capable, coaching else where. Just proves how our front office is such garbage. Why isn't atleast one of them coaching here?

I wish I could answer that. I'm hoping Ralph will start thinking he can't take his money with him and go nuts spending at the end of the season. One last hurrah. One can only hope.

realdealryan
11-06-2009, 11:03 PM

It burns me too! I went off on this subject when one of my best friends called after selling Pete a TV (manager of Indy's biggest electronics store). I wish we had just one of these guys....

patmoran2006
11-07-2009, 12:26 AM
I talk to Darryl Talley regularly, and let me assure you there are many things he says that are not suitable for print.

That is one fed-up former Bill, though you wont hear him publicly say worse than you've read.