PDA

View Full Version : Catalana: Bills Should Chase Jaws

Demon
11-07-2009, 04:36 PM
We know the Bills need a quarterback. We know they need a change at head coach. We know they are desperate for help on both sides of the line. But first and foremost they need to get the guy to make those decisions. They need a football man in charge. That should be priority one for this organization. I have an idea. The Bills need to be like Chief Brody in the famous movie from the 70’s, they need to go after Jaws.

The Jaws I am talking about is Ron Jaworski. Yes, the former Eagles quarterback and current Monday Night Football (http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openmike/story/Bills-Should-Chase-Jaws/rw6qhIu8GUCAlmzzR0Vf5A.cspx#) analyst. If I were Russ Brandon I would be on the phone with him and tell him I want him to come home. Jaws is a Lackawana guy. He has talked about being a kid and going to the Rockpile. He has a connection to Buffalo. He is also very well connected in the NFL (http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openmike/story/Bills-Should-Chase-Jaws/rw6qhIu8GUCAlmzzR0Vf5A.cspx#), has a great deal of respect, watches more film than Roger Ebert and has a personality and enthusiasm that the fans would love.

Link- http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openmike/story/Bills-Should-Chase-Jaws/rw6qhIu8GUCAlmzzR0Vf5A.cspx

Can't say I'm a fan of this. I don't mind Jaws on MNF but i don't think it's wise to bring in a guy with no experience into the fire and into a mess like we have here with the Bills. I applaud Catalana for thinking outside the box on this topic, but i just don't like it. Thoughts?

SquishDaFish
11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe as an advisor to the front office. Thats about it or QB coach

DraftBoy
11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
QB coach id bring him in for a look but like Beastmode said maybe his best fit would be as an adviser.

DrGraves
11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
jaws has a great gig with espn... why would he want to leave all that glory behind to come to this ****ter of a franchise

Lexwhat
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
We might as well bring in Matt Millen.

Commissioner
11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Good analyst doesn't equate to coach....

and in reference to Matt Millen... does anyone else have a hard time taking this guy seriously as an analyst?

Demon
11-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Good analyst doesn't equate to coach....

and in reference to Matt Millen... does anyone else have a hard time taking this guy seriously as an analyst?

Yeah, totally. I was at a bar few weeks ago watching MNF and we were actually talking about that too. How can we take Millen seriously when he was a massive failure. Granted, i think he was good on FOX before he left for the Lions, but he made a bunch on bonehead moves with them.

more cowbell
11-07-2009, 05:53 PM
wouldn't mind it...he couldnt possibly be any worse than russ brandon...

Typ0
11-07-2009, 05:55 PM
so brandon is supposed to get on the phone to replace himself?

BillsWin
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
GM baby. Can you imagine? lol

McBFLO
11-07-2009, 06:39 PM
No thanks. For as much as the guy studies film and all that, he was super high on Losman.

TigerJ
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Ultimately, it's far more important to Bills fans to finally be able to root for a winner again than to bring a hometown guy back home. Jaws might be a popular choice, but the popularity would last until his first three game losing streak. I have no idea what kind of coach he'd make, his misjudgments of QB talent not withstanding. Regardless of name or background, Brandon or whoever needs to hire the guy who's going to win the most consistently, and do it quickly.

mush69
11-08-2009, 06:58 AM
so brandon is supposed to get on the phone to replace himself?

Can You say "promotion time"

Jaws is a great TV guy, thats it. During his playing time he gave it his all, thats it.

Let him enjoy TV land and we can really look into a vaiable replacement.

:cheers:

yordad
11-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Can he still play QB?

SquishDaFish
11-08-2009, 08:19 AM
No thanks. For as much as the guy studies film and all that, he was super high on Losman.

Nothin wrong with being high on Losman. This franchise is in the ****ters so dont rate any player really. Kid had potential we as a ****ty franchise screw up kids with potential