DE 98 Orakpo, Brian ACT TCKL 22 SCK 3.5 FF 0 INT -- WAS

DE 52 English, Larry ACT TCKL 11 SCK 2.0 FF 1 INT -- SD

DE 93 Johnson, Michael ACT TCKL 12 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- CIN

DE 91 Brown, Everette ACT TCKL 8 SCK 1.0 FF 2 INT -- CAR

DE 94 Jackson, Tyson ACT TCKL 5 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- KC

DE 56 Ayers, Robert ACT TCKL 9 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- DEN

DE 98 Barwin, Connor ACT TCKL 8 SCK 1.0 FF 0 INT -- HOU

DE 77 Shaughnessy, Matt ACT TCKL 10 SCK 1.0 FF 0 INT -- OAK

Pretty interesting to see how all the rookies are doing thus far, we are at the halfway mark for the season, so I figured now would be an appropriate time for midterm grades.
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: Let's compare the 11th pick to fellow rookies

Tyson Jackson has looked terrible and has started too. They will sooo regret passing on Aaron Curry

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
      Tyson Jackson has looked terrible and has started too. They will sooo regret passing on Aaron Curry
      As we will regret passing on Orakpo, I had him in my avatar for a while here.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

6 tackles? Wow, that's better than I thought!

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
          DE 58 Maybin, Aaron ACT TCKL 6 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- BUF

DE 98 Orakpo, Brian ACT TCKL 22 SCK 3.5 FF 0 INT -- WAS

DE 52 English, Larry ACT TCKL 11 SCK 2.0 FF 1 INT -- SD

DE 93 Johnson, Michael ACT TCKL 12 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- CIN

DE 91 Brown, Everette ACT TCKL 8 SCK 1.0 FF 2 INT -- CAR

DE 94 Jackson, Tyson ACT TCKL 5 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- KC

DE 56 Ayers, Robert ACT TCKL 9 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT -- DEN

DE 98 Barwin, Connor ACT TCKL 8 SCK 1.0 FF 0 INT -- HOU

DE 77 Shaughnessy, Matt ACT TCKL 10 SCK 1.0 FF 0 INT -- OAK

Pretty interesting to see how all the rookies are doing thus far, we are at the halfway mark for the season, so I figured now would be an appropriate time for midterm grades.
          Defensive linemen rookies take longer to develop then others. Orakpo has a benefit of the doubt because he fits in at OLB for them and he can play every down. And has Hansworth double teamed helps each play helps. Besides him, nobody else has made an impact. Maybin doesn't play much and thus doesn't make plays. The system isn't right for him and Jauron refuses to use him at Linebacker.

Orakpo or anyone else having a slightly better rookie season doesn't determine a career. I want to see Maybin with new coaches.... i just don't trust bozo's.
          Last edited by Demon; 11-07-2009, 07:44 PM.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Check it out, here are a couple of my posts on these guys:

Connor Barwin-DE-Cincinnati Height:6'4 Weight:255 40:4.64 Pros: -Speed -Size -Motor -Athletic Cons: -Raw -Technique -Run Support -Hybrid Overall: Barwin is an interesting prospect because he is a former Bearcats basketball player along with also being a former TE on the football team. His athleticism

Re: Scouting Report: DE Connor Barwin

He is probably my 3rd rated DE in the draft, if he falls to us in the 2nd I really hope we take him. I've seen him make plays in run support because he shoots into the backfield so fast, it forces the RB to make an extra cut.. Very similar player to Brown.

Re: McShay's latest mock has us taking Maybin

I'm not against taking Maybin but with the 11th pick? I don't think so.
            Matt Shaughnessy-DE-Wisconsin Height: 6'5 Weight: 253 40: 4.74 Pros: -Size -Hold Ground -Disciplined -Arm Length Cons: -Dominance -Athletic -Injury History -Strength Overall: Shaughnessy has that classic DE size that you really like. He has more than enough room on his frame to add 15-20 pounds and he

Re: Scouting Report: DE Matt Shaughnessy

I wouldn't mind adding him in the 3rd round. God forbid we have a DE that can stop the run, lmao. Would take him over Kelsay any day of the week.

Not to brag, but I picked some pretty good choices. =P

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Peckerwood - not sure what you're "bragging" about? Many people, including in the media and fanbase thought (and still think) Maybin will be a terror to opposing QBs for years to come. Once they landed him, not sure why they would go for another DE.

I don't care how much we hate the front offices and coaches but Bryd > Barwin and Levitre > Shaughnessy. We can argue the 11th pick all night long, but Wood, Bryd and Levitre were great picks.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

That wasn't my entire mock draft, I had several, however, we were in need of a defensive end and my picks thus were clearly better than a front office whom is being paid big money for a job that an arm chair fan could do better at. Byrd was a spectacular pick, but every dog has his day, really. If you put you or I in the front office for 5 years, we'd both likely land a steal like that too. Btw, remember that we had to trade Peters away for Wood, I NEVER supported trading Peters, so that's the difference between me and them.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                  That wasn't my entire mock draft, I had several, however, we were in need of a defensive end and my picks thus were clearly better than a front office whom is being paid big money for a job that an arm chair fan could do better at. Byrd was a spectacular pick, but every dog has his day, really. If you put you or I in the front office for 5 years, we'd both likely land a steal like that too. Btw, remember that we had to trade Peters away for Wood, I NEVER supported trading Peters, so that's the difference between me and them.
                  Yeah, but you're basing it off on half a season. Half-season or even one full year doesn't make for a career. Didn't Peyton Manning get near the INT record is rookie year? If Maybin does work out for the Bills as they hoped and still hope, there would be no need for the other guys.

As for Peters, i was with you. I was against trading him... until i saw Wood play. The hard working farm boy kind of player is what we've desperately needed on our line and now can build off him.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Don't see it, he hasn't even flashed potential on the field, yet. The whole notion of waiting 32 games before judging a player is a myth, even players who took a long time to develop at least showed flashes along the way. Maybin has been no dimensional at this stage, he isn't good in the pass rush and he is an abomination against the run. He can't shed blockers and his only pass rush is a speed rush off the edge, in which case teams keep capitalizing on his speed rush and over pursuit by running off the tackles leaving tremendous lanes you could practically drive a truck through for the running back. Maybin has been a complete joke thus far, he is on the path to being a bust.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Orakpo is playing LB not DE.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

I'm not worried one bit. I guarantee Maybin will be a good player in this league. He is young and inexperienced and the intelligent posters on this board already knew that he wouldn't contribute much as a rookie. We picked him because there is potential that he is the better long term solution to our pass rushing ineptitude. Luckily Schobel and Kelsay have stepped it up this season.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

not saying you're not intelligent pecker, just saying that we need to give him time.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Maybin also missed the entire camp. He's way behind. He's looked better the last few weeks, I think. Both games he would have had a sack had Schobel not beat him to it.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

I'll wait a while longer to make any sort of judgment.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X