PDA

View Full Version : Ya snooze ya lose

sdbillsfan2
11-08-2009, 11:54 AM
"One of the first people Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle) owner Randy Lerner will contact to run his team, if he hasn't contacted him already, is former Seattle Seahawks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sea) head coach Mike Holmgren, according to a team source "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4634879&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

By the time Ralph finally pulls the trigger ( if he does) you can count on all the best people being gone. BTW don't Holmgren and Gruden have the same agent?

YardRat
11-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I'd take Holmgren, as long as he didn't want any GM duties.

rcd333
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
i think he wants to be a gm

bluerosekiller
11-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd take Holmgren, as long as he didn't want any GM duties.

Oh & the Bills frONT OFfice just does suCH A STELLAR JOB, RIGHT?

The Juice Is Loose
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
if his choices were buf and cle, i think he'd choose buf.

cleveland sucks.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Doesn't matter until the season ends. Until then it's all speculation.

BillsWin
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Buffalo has more talent to work with to be honest. If he came to Buffalo as a GM and got us a franchise QB and a good coaching staff in place we'd be golden.

BillsWin
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
But we need to tell him we are interested first! Or it is all Cleveland. :(

Demon
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
While i won't lie, i do want Holmgren, but he isn't my first choice, nor if he doesn't come here will I lost sleep. Mainly because it's something different and an improvement from the old regime. However, he's far from perfect. He traded a first round pick to New England for Deion Branch. He also signed Julius Jones who is far from anything special. He gave real bad contracts to Burleson and Alexander. And some of his first rounds picks are Chris McIntosh, Koren Robinson, Kelly Jennings, Jeremy Stevens and Marcus Tubbs. Far from good. Actually, his drafting of first round players is worse then Modrak and Guy.

I give him credit for getting Matt Hasselbeck from Green Bay. He's tried to find a young QB for the future to learn under Hasselbeck and his 2 findings were Seneca Wallace (4th round) and David Greene (3rd round) and none of them came close to a true #1 NFL QB.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Holmgren has a terrible track record as a GM. If that's the job Cleveland is offering him, let them have him. He's a great head coach, IMO, but up to this point in his career, he's been a not-so-great GM.

bigbub2352
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
snooze we arent snoozing, we are waiting for the clearance sale after the holidays at the dollar store to get a nice bargain coaching staff

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Holmgren would be a huge upgrade over anything Buffalo has seen since the early 1990's and would be a huge step in the right direction in proving that the team is at least TRYING to do what it takes to win.

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I dont want him anywhere near the FO. If he came in as HC only that's fine but I dont want his hands on the draft, or FA.

Buddo
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I think he'd be an ideal HC for the Bills tbh. You would actually have someone who understands Offense and QBs for the first time in goodness knows how long. In all honesty, I'm not so sure you would have to change too much else tbh. Ditch Jauron, and grab Holmgren. The guy calls his own offensive plays, and while he may well want to hire the odd coach on offense, I think we could leave the STs with April, the D with Fewell (Sanders and Catavalos are doing too good a job to be let go tbh) and improve drastically for next year with a few positional additions on the playing staff.