PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at Case Keenum (QB from Houston)

Trent"5Alive"Edwards
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not saying we should give up on Edwards at all but I think if this guy is available in the second round you must take him. He isn't as talked about as McCoy, Bradford, or Tebow but this kid can play.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191981

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6pP8PK_oVg

DraftBoy
11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Be tough since he's only a junior and doubtful to declare.

BillsWin
11-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Doubt he declares, and even if he does, I am not sure he transitions great to the NFL.

I tell you what right now though, the kid is the undisputed leader of that team and he has some intangibles that could help him succeed on the next level.

Doubt he comes out until after his senior season though.

justasportsfan
11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
all I saw in the video is dinking and dunking

Joe Fo Sho
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not saying we should give up on Edwards at all but I think if this guy is available in the second round you must take him. He isn't as talked about as McCoy, Bradford, or Tebow but this kid can play.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191981

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6pP8PK_oVg

Well that's what you should be saying.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Pass

Meathead
11-09-2009, 01:26 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDYK2H0ldbo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDYK2H0ldbo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2009, 06:40 AM
See my post in Draftboy's forum.

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Be tough since he's only a junior and doubtful to declare.It depends, as I'm sure you are well aware there are going to be A LOT of juniors declaring this year due to the fact that this is probably the last year you can strike it rich as a rookie. His value will also never be higher than it will be after this season. Financially he'd be crazy not to declare. Either way, he's a project QB with "potential" no matter when he declares.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I disagree. If he leaves, it's a gamble for him. If he stays, he's going to be a Heisman candidate next year, and I'd bet a first round pick for sure. Of course, this is all if he stays healthy next year.

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
It depends, as I'm sure you are well aware there are going to be A LOT of juniors declaring this year due to the fact that this is probably the last year you can strike it rich as a rookie. His value will also never be higher than it will be after this season. Financially he'd be crazy not to declare. Either way, he's a project QB with "potential" no matter when he declares.

I know what you're saying with the CBA up in the air, but keep this in mind. Keenum is not currently a top tier Junior QB, and would risk losing millions simply by leaving this year. He could be a top 2 round pick next season if he stays (and is healthy). While more Juniors will declare this season imo, I think it will be almost all along the elite level kids. Kids who would return normally because they love playing CFB will leave becuse they dont want to be in a slotting system of the 2011 draft.

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
See my post in Draftboy's forum.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=182081

People are lazy though so Ill help them out;

QB for Houston. He's thrown for over 500 yards and 5 tds today. I was looking at his career stats, and wow.

2 questions. 1.) do you think he'll enter the draft this season? He's a redshirt Junior, I think. 2.) Does he have the skill set to be an NFL QB, and where do you think he'd go if he came out early?

Sorry didnt see this till now...

Strengths:
-Footwork
-Mechanics
-Leadership
-Toughness

Weaknesses:
-Arm Strength
-Level of Competition
-System QB
-Coverage Reading

Keenum is an interesting prospect, he is listed at 6'2, but likely much closer to 6'0 and he has a gunslinger mentality. His NFL Comparison often enough is Drew Brees and I have to agree with it. The kid is rough around the edges, he has a lot of work he needs to do to get bigger and stronger ideally to take the NFL hits. But his athleticism is great and whenever he gets out of the pocket he keeps his eyes down the field at all times looking for WR's. He comes from an explosive spread system which is good for highlights but not good for the NFL. He doesnt have to read coverage or blitzes much. He is the unquestioned leader of the Cougars and plays with a fire and intensity that you don't see out of many of this years QB prospects.

Round Projection: 3-4

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM
I know what you're saying with the CBA up in the air, but keep this in mind. Keenum is not currently a top tier Junior QB, and would risk losing millions simply by leaving this year. He could be a top 2 round pick next season if he stays (and is healthy). While more Juniors will declare this season imo, I think it will be almost all along the elite level kids. Kids who would return normally because they love playing CFB will leave becuse they dont want to be in a slotting system of the 2011 draft.I hear you, I just don't think that he'll ever have the stock he has now. Though much like Bradford and McCoy last year, he might benefit staying another year because this draft is stacked with talent at the QB spot and he might rank 5th or higher (depending on who you ask) as far as the list of QB's is concerned. Either way, he's a project QB at best right now in my eyes and has a way to go before he's of NFL quality.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Which is why he'd be smart to stay another year in college, have a legit shot at being a first round pick, instead of a mid-to-late round pick. We're talking millions of dollars, not peanuts.

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I hear you, I just don't think that he'll ever have the stock he has now. Though much like Bradford and McCoy last year, he might benefit staying another year because this draft is stacked with talent at the QB spot and he might rank 5th or higher (depending on who you ask) as far as the list of QB's is concerned. Either way, he's a project QB at best right now in my eyes and has a way to go before he's of NFL quality.

Well his system of play hurts him in my eyes, but he has the raw base you look for. His size isn't great but he finds the passing lanes well and does a good job getting rid of the ball in a hurry.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Doesn't Pike run the same system at Cincy?

Yasgur's Farm
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Looks like Chad Pennington to me with all the hang time and all. Ralph winds would destroy him IMO.

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Doesn't Pike run the same system at Cincy?

Not the exact same but there are strong similarities yes. Pike's system also hurts his stock in my eyes.

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Looks like Chad Pennington to me with all the hang time and all. Ralph winds would destroy him IMO.
...I think its a bit early to be making that call. He can make all the throws, he just cant rifle the ball 50 yards on a line down the field.

kernowboy
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Personally, I think you've got to have above average arm strength to play in Buffalo

DraftBoy
11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Personally, I think you've got to have above average arm strength to play in Buffalo

All you need to be able to do is be smart with your throws and make all the NFL throws. He can do that.

Night Train
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I like him a lot for the Heisman but the Andre Ware,David Klingler failures are too fresh.

He'd be a good Day 2 roll of the dice .

FlyingDutchman
11-09-2009, 08:44 PM
You have to realize what type of system Houston runs. They run a ridiculous spread offense which runs the ball maybe 10x a game tops. The defensive talent of the teams in Conference USA are comparable to glorified junior college defenses...almost all teams are ranked as some of the worst against the pass in the country, of course his stats are going to go through the roof. If Houston manages a decent bowl game against a SEC team or even Big 10, theyll be lucky to put up 21 points