PDA

View Full Version : We should just forfeit...

DrGraves
11-08-2009, 09:46 PM
when miller needs a rest... i mean we have no chance at winning with enroth or lalime. might as give the whole team a rest whenever miller needs one...

SkateZilla
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Vote For Biron!!!

Crisis
11-09-2009, 03:01 AM
the team already does take the night off when miller isnt in net

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
The team is suffering from the flu they aren't going to be playing good hockey until that bug passes.

I think the dual losses this weekend have more to do with the team feeling like a turd then anything else

OpIv37
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
The team is suffering from the flu they aren't going to be playing good hockey until that bug passes.

I think the dual losses this weekend have more to do with the team feeling like a turd then anything else
Wasn't that the excuse last weekend when they lost to the Islanders? What the hell kind of flu bug lasts 8 days?

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Wasn't that the excuse last weekend when they lost to the Islanders? What the hell kind of flu bug lasts 8 days?

I wanted to use the flu as an excuse for the Sabres last week but I can't. It's a ridiculous excuse. Every team is dealing with the flu and illness.

The Sabres just haven't been getting an honest effort out of enough players, plain and simple.

DrGraves
11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
i find it hard to believe that the sabres as an organization don't pump their players full of vaccines. if they are paying these guys millions of dollars i don't think they'd allow them to have the slightest chance of getting the flu in the first place.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
i find it hard to believe that the sabres as an organization don't pump their players full of vaccines. if they are paying these guys millions of dollars i don't think they'd allow them to have the slightest chance of getting the flu in the first place.

That's if you can even find the vaccines. If you haven't noticed, the H1N1 vaccine has been nearly impossible to find. You can see the uproar that resulted in Alberta after the entire Calgary Flames roster was allowed to cut in front of anyone and everyone to get their vaccines.

The King
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I wanted to use the flu as an excuse for the Sabres last week but I can't. It's a ridiculous excuse. Every team is dealing with the flu and illness.

The Sabres just haven't been getting an honest effort out of enough players, plain and simple.The Bruins were without their three top offensive guys when they played. You're right every team is battling it.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
The Bruins were without their three top offensive guys when they played. You're right every team is battling it.

Plus they no longer have Phil Kessel.

DrGraves
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
That's if you can even find the vaccines. If you haven't noticed, the H1N1 vaccine has been nearly impossible to find. You can see the uproar that resulted in Alberta after the entire Calgary Flames roster was allowed to cut in front of anyone and everyone to get their vaccines.

I'm in the pharmacy school at UB and they lined up about all 300 of the students and gave the regular and h1n1 vaccines back to back just the other day... there must be more out there.

DMBcrew36
11-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm in the pharmacy school at UB and they lined up about all 300 of the students and gave the regular and h1n1 vaccines back to back just the other day... there must be more out there.

I think it's starting to circulate, but it's been very slow going. I think it really just depends who it is who's ordering it, who they know/who their suppliers are, and where they are in the country.

DrGraves
11-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I think it's starting to circulate, but it's been very slow going. I think it really just depends who it is who's ordering it, who they know/who their suppliers are, and where they are in the country.

I'm sure. I'm just surprised that with so much MONEY and GAMES on the line that they can allow even one guy to get sick from something that is fairly preventable.

chernobylwraiths
11-11-2009, 06:30 AM

Yeah, but this is America where the rich get the best care possible!

chernobylwraiths
11-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Just because they get a shot doesn't mean they won't get sick. Some people have been known to get sick BECAUSE they got the shot.

Oh, the original premise of this thread is stupid. Just as stupid as "declining the penalty" when their power play is sucking.

DMBcrew36
11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Yeah, but this is America where the rich get the best care possible!

Eh, maybe. If you are at least in the middle class and have health insurance, your care is about as good as anyone. It's the poor people with no health insurance that have problems.

That's not to say, obviously, that the system isn't broken. Health insurance companies have to be THE most evil enterprises in existence today. And people who file BS malpractice suits drive up health care costs and make me sick.

DrGraves
11-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Just because they get a shot doesn't mean they won't get sick. Some people have been known to get sick BECAUSE they got the shot.

Oh, the original premise of this thread is stupid. Just as stupid as "declining the penalty" when their power play is sucking.

This is an ignorant statement. Administering a vaccine produces an immune response to a killed virus or an attenuated live virus. This allows the body to be prepared should it come into contact with the real virus. The symptoms you feel after the vaccine is simply your body's natural response to a foreign body. You CANNOT get the flu from a flu shot.

P.S. the premise of this thread was meant to be sarcastic.

chernobylwraiths
11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
This is an ignorant statement. Administering a vaccine produces an immune response to a killed virus or an attenuated live virus. This allows the body to be prepared should it come into contact with the real virus. The symptoms you feel after the vaccine is simply your body's natural response to a foreign body. You CANNOT get the flu from a flu shot.

P.S. the premise of this thread was meant to be sarcastic.

Learn to read. I didn't say you will get the flu from a flu shot, I said you can get sick. I guess that means the body's "natural response" makes you feel sick. Something you might not have felt had you NOT gotten the flu shot.

Yeah, I know it was sarcastic, but with the way the team is playing some of these games, Miller has to play fantastic in some for us to squeak by. And hoping Enroth could beat Boston, one of the best teams in the league last year was asking a lot too.

Typ0
11-11-2009, 01:26 PM
People can get sick after the flu shot. The flu shots only contain a limited number of viral strains. If you contract a different strain you have no protection from the shot you got. Additionally, if you read what the CDC says closely about the flu vaccine there are side effects that include muscle pain, fever, discomfort and weakness. Most adults don't get that but it's there I've seen my baby get those symptoms.