PDA

View Full Version : How many posters still think Edwards could be the answer?

BillsWin
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
It is either :nod: or :nono:.

Call it a social experiment.

This should be interesting.

BillsWin
11-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Please feel free to explain your answer. Open discussion might actually liven up these boards. The bye week is always torture.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Really are you watching the same team i am this kid sucks.Marv drafted him cause Walsh had a hunch and it set us back another 5 years at least. WTF Marv??????

Ed
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Trent is still young and showed a lot of promise in his first couple years. I'm not holding my breath, but I don't think it's fair to judge any qb behind this garbage O-line, not to mention our lousy offensive coaching.

Philagape
11-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Not enough of a chance to not look elsewhere

SeatownBillsFan21
11-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Trent is still young and showed a lot of promise in his first couple years. I'm not holding my breath, but I don't think it's fair to judge any qb behind this garbage O-line, not to mention our lousy offensive coaching.
our oline was decent last year and we went 7-9 and he still sucked

Novacane
11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Flush him.

Michael82
11-09-2009, 12:12 AM
See ya later, Edwards! You play like a pussy and we need someone with some balls on this team. :bigwave:

Oaf
11-09-2009, 12:17 AM
I seriously believe compounding the absurd simplicity of our offensive scheme as well as the severe shortcomings of our OLine has prevented Edwards from having success. I think that cutting him loose would pay dividents for another team down the road.

BillsWin
11-09-2009, 12:35 AM
wow. dead even right now!

Crisis
11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
If he was on a better football team with a coaching staff that knew how to handle a young QB, he could be at least a solid QB.

But, two concussions in two years and his confidence is shattered, he's probably damaged goods at this point as long as he stays in Buffalo. I think he could catch on somewhere else and still do well.

Griff
11-09-2009, 02:46 AM
our oline was decent last year and we went 7-9 and he still sucked

rofl so its his fault that Losman lost games while he was injured.

Jan Reimers
11-09-2009, 06:12 AM
It's amazing how the Losman haters are now using the same excuses on behalf of Edwards that they laughed at when used for JP.

Jeff1220
11-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Trent would make a great 2nd stringer on a team with a legit playmaker QB.

NorthCarBills
11-09-2009, 06:34 AM
I'll qualify my answer as follows.

I dont think he can be the answer for the Bills. I think he's lost some confidence in himself, and maybe the necessary belief his players need to follow him as a true field general. Anyone else who comes in as a new starting QB under the same coaching regime and offensive line will have similar fortune.

That being said, I think he could go some other team, study under a decent coach and progress as a #2 for a couple of years, and eventually regain the "stuff" to be a decent starter.

tampabay25690
11-09-2009, 06:39 AM
As a QB you need to play with confidence and to be honest since last year against ARZ when he went out he has NO confidence in his abilities at all......

My answer is a good #2 QB in the NFL but not a starter.

Buckets
11-09-2009, 07:18 AM
He's not a winner!
He's not the type of guy with the competative edge that dictates you to make the play however you can.
Makes bad decisions.
Checks down to receivers who are under tackle behind the line of scrmmage.
Disoriented and confused

yordad
11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
I highly doubt it, but I guess it isn't a 100% no. How much of a chance does there have to be to vote "there is still a chance"? Because I put it at about 2%.

My brain and eyes tell me "NO way". But I still have hope. He gets 8 more games by default.

THATHURMANATOR
11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
I was hoping he would put it together but he has fallen on his face again with injury and poor play. He is done. MOVE ON..

Typ0
11-09-2009, 08:04 AM
He's done. Not sure what would have happened had he had better protection. But he's just one hit away from his career being over at this point.

Mad Bomber
11-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Yes, he is the answer...at backup QB.

justasportsfan
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I can see him having a Rich Gannon type of carreer with the right coaching. he can still be good.

Watching Henne play, Trent just has no zip on the ball even throwing 5-10 yards out which is why he doesn't throw in between players much . He has even lost the ability to throw to wr's in stride.

ddaryl
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
2 concussions in 2 years, and no signs of progressing

He's done IMO. Time to move on

Iehoshua
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Whether it's bad luck or simply flat out injury prone, he's too frail.

Keep the carousel going another year.

:(

MassEffect218435
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Never really thought he was the answer to begin with to be honest. He's the type of QB that would be a great #2, but he just doesn't have the "it" factor to be a #1. And that's in no way an attempt to 'bash' Edwards, there are a lot of guys in the NFL that don't have what it takes to be a full-time #1 QB in the NFL.

A lot of people like to deny it, but the guy does not have the arm required to be a great QB, especially in a place like Buffalo where the elements are as harsh as can be.

He also has absolutely no confidence in either himself, or his WR's. It's painfully obvious watching the guy play QB over the past few seasons that he is unwilling to take chances.

Edwards has also fallen victim to the same thing that so many that came before him fell to, horrible coaching and an inability to run a successful team. At some point you have to realize that EVERY SINGLE QB that comes into Buffalo fails. So is it the organization, or is it the QB's? For as bad as he's been you have to look at it objectively and realize that the Bills are doing him no favors; they literally raped him of an OL and replaced the OL with a bunch of guys who would be on practice squads on most teams. Buffalo has also failed to give him what is so important to a young/developing QB, a freaking TE.

bigbub2352
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
To timid and not a good enough arm

trapezeus
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
this was his year to prove he could read defenses a little better and judge the window with which to throw for longer passes. That didn't happen.

his line did take a huge step back, but the level of output he's put out has been very concerning. he was ok the first week and a half. then butler went out. I also think he took a pretty severe head shot in the bucs game in the fourth quarter. again he didn't look the same.

Going into this year i wanted to see if he could deal with the weather, withstand injuries, and make more plays on the field. He's failed on 2 of those and the weather will start changing pretty soon.

I think the bills are a bunch of ******s. they bring in losman and put out a more complicated offense, then they bring in a guy from stanford and go with a simplier offense.

So in conclusion, he isn't a starter here, but i think he can be a better qb somewhere else with a line, a west coast offense, and better weather. but i also think the injuries may be taking a toll.

kelly2reed4six
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I think edwards could be a very solid player in the right system; probably your kyle orton type of QB. He needs a solid o-line that is going to give him time to throw the ball. He has shown that he is not good with making lightning quick decisions which is necessary when you are on a team that has a very poor offensive line. I hope they let him go and allow him the opportunity to have a nice career somewhere else rather than ruin his talent here.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
scrap heap him.. sorry, but im done

TigerJ
11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I reserve the right to change my mind, but at this point, he's got to prove he's not a deer in the headlights.

Buddo
11-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Edwards, at times, has shown he can make just about all the throws necessary to be a successful starting QB in the NFL. At present, he doesn't appear to have much in the way of confidence, either in the scheme, or sadly, his receivers. It also appears to, at least, that like the other parts of the team, what is instilled into him, is to not make mistakes. For that we have our current HC to blame, and any one of his paltry band of OCs that we have had over the last few years.
It has become increasingly apparent, that Coach Jauron, knows about as much about Offense, as the fluff that gathers in my belly button.
I am pretty convinced, that Edwards, with Mcdaniels, would look like a franchise QB in short order - much like Orton does now. Who's to say another good OC/HC couldn't do the same?

BillsWin
11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
40-17. :roflmao:

Night Train
11-10-2009, 05:51 AM
His inability to find WR's beyond 10 yards means 8-9 in the box for the D... which translates to a lot of 3 and outs for the Bills offense.

Too many career hard hits means he'll probably be checking down even more the remainder of this season. Too brittle.

The Bills need a new face at QB.

Patti120
11-10-2009, 07:26 AM
2 concussions in 2 years, and no signs of progressing

He's done IMO. Time to move on

kind of like Eric Lindros (spelling?) but not as talented.

HHURRICANE
11-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Please feel free to explain your answer. Open discussion might actually liven up these boards. The bye week is always torture.

I feel bad for Edwards. The guy needs an offensive line. He has 8 weeks to make a case under duress.

Forward_Lateral
11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Anything is possible, but I'm not very optimistic at this point.

Bert102176
11-10-2009, 09:06 AM
first off you should always look to upgrade at any position, but also I put alot of blame on the O-line look at the times he has been sacked, hit, flushed out of the pocket and knocked down, he doesn't have time while peters was a piece of crap we never upgraded or even moved diagnally we downgraded at that position and now have basically rookies on the ol except for hangartner. and the play calling is dispicable so what the hell does everyone expect you have an owner with a front office that has their heads up their asses that hire and give an extension to a coach that has never shown a glimpse of being a winner and his continued 7 and 9 records show that.

and HH I actually agree with you for once maybe it's cause I stepped away from this place for a few months mayb not who knows but I decided to come back hope everyone has been doing good.

mybills
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm surprised NE39 didn't vote yes. He's always telling us that we're throwing Trent under the bus.

The thing is, Trent threw himself under the bus. :down:

Crisis
11-10-2009, 04:53 PM
kind of like Eric Lindros (spelling?) but not as talented.

lindros was the best power forward in the league before his concussions... i get the "not as talented" part but edwards was nowhere near the level lindros was playing at pre-concussions.

DrGraves
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Todd Collins -> Alex Van Pelt -> Rob Johnson -> Doug Flutie -> Kelly Holcomb -> Drew Bledsoe -> JP Losman -> Trent Edwards

8 pieces of crap since kelly. this organization sucks. period.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I still think trent can be a good QB. But unless he proves it on field, I will no longer think he is answer. That goes for anyone that is at the helm. PROVE IT and I'll think your answer. Until than I'll just root for whoever starts but I won't expect much unless you give me REASON to BELIEVE.

LooneyBin
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Season is not over yet. If he can have a better second half, he might make a case.

JD
11-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Maybe his recent concussion rescrambled his brains together.

starrymessenger
11-12-2009, 08:08 AM
To timid and not a good enough arm

In my opinion arm is good enough. Needs heart transplant and a new brain. Then all will be well.

TigerJ
11-12-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think he's the answer at this point, but there is at least enough of a chance he could come around that I would hesitate to vote no.