X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Monday thoughts and news!

Sirrius this AM finally gave the Bills there deserved criticism for bebuilding a team with offensive weapons and manning it with a joke offensive line. Finally gald to see that the national media recognizes that our FO is cheap and stupid.

Just as an FYI, the annoucers sounded fairly impressed with Peters play. As I have said numerous times the FO blew this starting two years ago when they decided to pay him half of what Dockery and Walker was making. Nice job FO.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Monday thoughts and news!

BERNIAC!

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

So, some guy on the radio is "fairly" impressed with the highest paid offensive lineman ever?

Well, I'm fairly unimpressed.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

peters gets a lot of "he sucks" and "he's awesome" from philly announcers.

NFL network showed some impressive footage of peters throughout the season, shutting down top linemen. however, last night, he also jumped offsides on 4th and inches when the eagles had some momentum and were looking to close out the game. instead they punt and eventually lose that game.

i think regardless of his output, he didn't want to be in buffalo and we essentially got wood for him and wood is coming along pretty well as a rookie.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

the bottom line is Peters was offered a 9+ million a year contract and he still wouldn't sign.

I also don't believe the Dockery or Walker situation should of had any effect on Peters. He deserved more money and the Bills were working on his 2nd significant pay increase in less then 3 years... He had nothing to complain about. Nothing at all. he just didn't want to be in Buffalo unless he was overpaid to do so.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
              • Apr 2009

Did the front office screw up with Peters? No doubt... Should have they paid him before the contract even became an issue? No doubt... But the guy did NOT want to play in Buffalo. If the reports are true that Buffalo offered Peters $9 million a year and he rejected it then it's hard to ultimately fault the Bills.

Give it a few years and Buffalo should have another franchise LT.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

He was stoning Demarcus Ware last night, owned him on nearly every play.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I would like to say this thread's title is misleading.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    He was stoning Demarcus Ware last night, owned him on nearly every play.
                    Yeah, he was very impressive last night minus the penalty on 4th down. He did such a good job on Ware last night that the Cowboys moved Ware over to Justice' side quite a bit to try and generate a rush. There's no doubt that Peters is a special talent.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Peters situation takes 2 sides, one we didnt want to pay him and 2 he didnt want to be here
                      Marv Levy on 103.3 the edge clearly stated Peters was a huge lockerroom problem and also was a not willing to play with dings and bruises and since he was so blown up with the media believed his own and agents hype and had no intentions of signing here

That being said he is an athlete and a rare one but u he dumb and injury prone, and also vastly overratted by the media
                      i say good riddance and for once i agree with the Bills FO ship his fat ass out and we drafted Wood with his pick he is everything you should be looking for in an OLineman, build the line around him!
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Peters does still suffer occasional mental lapses which hurt his team. That can't be denied. But watching him last night shows why Philly went out and traded for him.

Watching him play it is obvious how incredibly strong he is. He must be one of the functionally strongest players in the NFL. It reminds me a little of when Dallas had Larry Allen at guard, and he would just overpower guys who should not be pushed around. Peters plays with that kind of freakish strength.

That is what makes Peters a rare player. There are some athletic OL in the NFL, but what separates Peters from most is his tremendous strength to go with good athleticism. If he can match that with more consistent effort and better technique, he has the talent to be a HOF-caliber player.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Peters has allowed 4 sacks this season. Buffalo's LT, Demetrius Bell, has allowed 5.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            Peters has allowed 4 sacks this season. Buffalo's LT, Demetrius Bell, has allowed 5.
                            There's a reason why that's not an official statistic; because there is absolutely no way for you or any of us to truly know who's fault a sack is. The only people that know are him and the coaches.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

...and the Eagles still lost. Having a guy like Peters tie-up 8-10% of your cap and still have mental lapses just isn't good enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X